PDA

View Full Version : NBC Sports Network "Spoiler" :-(

Keith A
07-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Last night after all the festivities and everyone was in bed, I sat down to watch yesterday's TdF stage 4. I had recorded their "prime time" coverage which starts at 8pm on the east coast. Unfortunately, someone had already leaked a little bit of the what happened, but I quickly closed my ears so I wouldn't hear what happened.

But much to my dismay, the NBCSN coverage starts out with what happened at the end of the race. What the heck, why would they do that? I know it was big news and a breaking story, but couldn't they have handled this differently rather than spoiling the finish of the race.
:bike:

Clean39T
07-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Same experience. It's all pretty annoying. But so it goes.. I've kind of gotten over the whole "spoiler" thing and now just watch for how it all goes down instead of just the outcome...

katematt
07-05-2017, 04:19 PM
The disappointment from yesterdays crash/ruling/result is never ending and Froome will be in yellow in Paris (no spolier alert required)

Tickdoc
07-05-2017, 04:37 PM
funny, I was a day behind watching, ignoring our running post, and then I picked up the news from another website not bike related.:no:

Clean39T
07-05-2017, 05:07 PM
The disappointment from yesterdays crash/ruling/result is never ending and Froome will be in yellow in Paris (no spolier alert required)

Not so sure - the Sky train didn't look invincible today.

ultraman6970
07-05-2017, 06:10 PM
This year tour will be weird, the only sure thing is that quinatana neither contador are explosive no more and this is what's the race needs to be won. Again TDF for Dumoulin and he is not in, damm it!!

I was totally imagining him going with ARU. Problem with ARU is that we dont know yet if he will be ok for 3 weeks.

Yeah they did not look super today but BMC just pulled the whole thing and their rider lost time anyways. The only team IMO that can do something is movistar but w/o valverde and with quintana not attacking even in the downhills still puts sky as a fav team.