PDA

View Full Version : OT - Pacquiao vs Horn

wc1934
07-02-2017, 07:59 AM
I thought that it was a much, much more entertaining fight than the Manny/Money fight. (understatement).
One might question the decision (champ losing on a decision) but for a non-pay per view event it was great, and Horn got only 1/2 mill - message to the superstars - oh, and the undercards were good too.
Any thoughts?

FlashUNC
07-02-2017, 08:40 AM
Ridiculously, absurdly fixed. Pac should have retired years ago, but no way the tomato can who lands 19 jabs in 12 rounds should win by decision.

Louis
07-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Ridiculously, absurdly fixed. Pac should have retired years ago, but no way the tomato can who lands 19 jabs in 12 rounds should win by decision.

Aside: Pro cycling may be irreparably tainted by PEDs, but at least the outcomes aren't as blatantly fixed as in boxing.

(caveat: I didn't watch, just going by what I heard on ESPN radio)

ftf
07-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Aside: Pro cycling may be irreparably tainted by PEDs, but at least the outcomes aren't as blatantly fixed as in boxing.

(caveat: I didn't watch, just going by what I heard on ESPN radio)

panettone?

http://www.seriouseats.com/images/20081202panettonejpg

In case you don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-bought-million-dollar-triple-crown-victory-claims-gaggioli/

Louis
07-02-2017, 03:32 PM
I did say "blatantly fixed."

But yeah, no one's claiming that cycling isn't a dirty sport. In fact, any sport that involves money (or even just highly competitive participants) is likely dirty or at a minimum has some rotten apples.

bobswire
07-02-2017, 03:48 PM
I did say "blatantly fixed."

But yeah, no one's claiming that cycling isn't a dirty sport. In fact, any sport that involves money (or even just highly competitive participants) is likely dirty or at a minimum has some rotten apples.

Or boring, I turned on the TV (over the air,no cable) to see if any sporting events were on. ABC,CBS and Fox were all showing "Golf". Enough said, went back to the internet.

Ken Robb
07-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Or boring, I turned on the TV (over the air,no cable) to see if any sporting events were on. ABC,CBS and Fox were all showing "Golf". Enough said, went back to the internet.

But Golf on TV is almost as good as Bowling on TV to encourage afternoon napping. I just woke up in time to watch the playoff. :)

zzy
07-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Boxing is so corrupt I don't know how anyone can be surprised. Not the first time Pacman got burned like this either. Manny has lost his real KO power and can't chase guys down to get inside like he used to, so he's especially vulnerable to these kinds of fixes.

Llewellyn
07-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Boxing.....corrupt?? Nooooo, surely not ;)

There was an Australian fighting in front of a large, fiercely parochial Australian crowd, what other result would the promoters demand. I think Pacquiao only turned up for the cash anyway. From the scenes at the weigh-in that I saw on the news he looked completely disinterested in the whole thing.

wc1934
07-03-2017, 06:05 AM
Boxing.....corrupt?? Nooooo, surely not ;)

There was an Australian fighting in front of a large, fiercely parochial Australian crowd, what other result would the promoters demand. I think Pacquiao only turned up for the cash anyway. From the scenes at the weigh-in that I saw on the news he looked completely disinterested in the whole thing.

Not sure if you got to see the fight, but Manny was anything but disinterested inside the the squared circle.