PDA

View Full Version : Pegoretti Paint

tuscanyswe
07-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Today a customer came into the shop and unpacked a new pegoretti. I was very interested in this frame as they are idd very rare around these parts esp with ciavete paint and steel fork!

The paint looked very nice!
However at some places were dario had used (me assuming here..) a tool or the other end of a brush to smear and create sharp edges in the paint the clear coat had not fully compensated for the depth these marks from a tool had created. So one could feel the edge of the paint / clear when running your finger across these small "channels".

Have anyone else with a peg ciavete (guess this paint is where he would use it the most) experienced something similar?

These is more or less a non issue but interested to know regardless. One could not see this with the eye as these few places with this effect followed the paint job so does not seem like packing or other impact related issue.

Was a very nice frame. It dident have a model name either and the owner somehow dident know, just knew it was custom .)

Thx

Tickdoc
07-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Sounds like part of the Italian charm.

Blown Reek
07-01-2017, 01:59 PM
He is an Artist. And how dare you question the techniques of an Artist. Your pedestrian tastes can not fully appreciate all that goes into making such Art.

Now, if it wasn't a Pegoretti, one might think that you got a crap paint job. But since it's a Peg, it's as perfect as it should be.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/05/12/world/12Pineapple1/12Pineapple1-master768.jpg

Tell people it's art, and it's art.

tuscanyswe
07-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Its not on the level to be a crap paint job regardless of who made the frame. It is however something i would ask about if the frame was mine. Im more interested to hear from ppl who have one than to start an argument about darios work. Ive read enough of those through the years .)

OtayBW
07-01-2017, 02:52 PM
It dident have a model name either and the owner somehow dident know, just knew it was custom .)

I don't know about the paint scheme, but this ^ is the thing that really sounds odd to me....

tuscanyswe
07-01-2017, 02:54 PM
I don't know about the paint scheme, but this ^ is the thing that really sounds odd to me....

Hehe yeah i was a bit surprised myself. But he has had it for over a year but never unpacked it.. WHAT!!! He seems like a real nice guy who had a daughter recently which i can presume put one or 2 plans on hold. He picked it up at Darios place after doing the fitting there if i understod him correctly.

huck*this
07-01-2017, 03:08 PM
I have the Baci scheme not Ciavete but I have over spray of tiny black dots on the BB shell from when he painted the ST. I see it as a head nod to Hand Made and actually like it. To each there own. Brush stroke lines and especially the part where he just held down the spray paint can in one spot. He let it drip and to stop excessive drips made a line with maybe the end of a paint brush. All amazing stuff and one of the reasons to get a Peg.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/oS39MnbuPIVC98lXA8Q5cjV_t4WHcFNXHkfZb7XYPNGXWDUiMK oamTFTvk4fLqOZbIeNpaRuxpMwAPlu_MXexHf7nIXVRXBhmRLr R2Bb2ONVdFEy9FfhMim5p9PWz9djXwSApsQR18NoS5wZXN1E6J X_CeXze8LjYZAakRUHutN8iWX72UKWZF8Bg9Wse_N7F8K-t157a6acrNutEkBgiAj65CAb-xfvhBRRu7Tq2PoGa6YjMSw156ZoVFfo5hW_L3UELAB7dg_1o5j ZtU0N3F62mE9qYnDabxI0dV5bsoSMXNjKwKWgXQIxUU2inDmgp N7QZSMBjb7nsSEwidzWVaQstmEd_gSbQARKk2YwKD0_uVH-nuqQwno2tHoMykCTi-RsoLzkSzTEhdoMsQHoyyyZQLEM5_wJh-C5z5uraC5N-gs7hcAsn5svrhk-n7bYVNyDvKwuUL6CrfdchqjvZA7nOzkX2tFz8fdLDjdOCiurTH 9V0tlyfmSjR-kw0AwyZnLL8WZnvszjnFZfMpQb_s-SLpGkOfTIlRI0FXw-gPMk-qFjJxdASn4QhlMZkycvtawaZrNR96Q9B6i6oM8800GbPFGV27O 4SQyfNHmzbRUiO5A9bHjnd-OCdzzwhFUd7f_OwKXuxTipDgU9gNPneWH-mgk8LGQCVRjwTITFKBg=w368-h676-no
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9B6eEazVOaMT4kZYPM68Y89CUv4Rhxvw87e26UWHQ2JwpnqHER kI8d3igZ2CRxMOuh1pLN0qMW3W86yDQuO7XtmyCxMdGHgRZsjT CrrbjJKv_oxsZHbYGw5W1v9kXgtz0lVobECQlgDRq3DW6J1KK0 uR5FhPXukdMvmi-_PsxyYZ65fLR4PwrKWVaTQLFfzBltJW4KmNTwBt2ynUzfD5Tp6 F2MJyPKxpNhVwErbVBzvCmW2nIavgVkQvURAtDt1d1GXJsOCY4 _dAgGAjv8fCFw5iPCX5TClIGApMbkzw5gPdiBArFj-cxJvltRpRQuTbFz6qUcXS5ZqSjVCInxNrVjuRUzo7f0C3jzF80 SsgCjkIkNx-S-sOrRE2ySG-T6QyqGHD5lA-6L4ls7NHT9rVgkE1pBB3_XB2_LfCmR27ksQ7oSfWOWZwtNWddU XWSuJWxX9n4AqMdV1FjH8pBtNUMaHzml6gdbfvp3O21LMjzzc_ Zl5ODhYrfsRt6zIMbAO-2PdrYCrfQDuV21l4_38bl-rXDDyC4cZMOw9zkkYGOUdjUKtKQRX3yLwHTMmLQnGelomcPcPr Y_yvc0Z4vZkfmQG3sj2eXzrk0wJwdyTA-o3yao2ewxB0adFFM09FSoJgUsGlNTxB4O6P8OaoIHjuLsRi0yE P9UDqW3NcnUhdiQM=w529-h676-no
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ZDi3FAQKwf0az42b9BViw5AAeI8vTkpcIA64qmBDaAK75lPg8f 5TE_lG61xm3ZCIbZbJAbxKriwhIU-lIjC-tqLb3BoqIruhJ33FOAZGRUkSREcA1SOTd0GMUsYX958q_2SzWq 5kWVqL3mALZGU2jHAf980wBjE_s7qBZf6e_LyURWad8uY4pN3a 4Y_e_Djq1hqHIapbld5YMhtgEQM6tBq1oaWG_kaxvIG3iHute6 jyP5OxtJkDri-kP84FPrC5zmczXU5wc5KcOug0RAmG0S0azJlvW9BwXgDOetyyO QlJNeiDuAxQhg_muKEKDMU4RNgRDYiDpnzgpxjuq8yXNlpC54i ZgnPp0MZsoLYqVTNL6bhlh6nDKFUC2HsgZkjV9Xy6BHIZKSYrp ciKc2o6XgHsDAfzHqD3aZbAhRiZMIXs0dgqnVDNyREK8ntR7A8 Twute26mVVUq2YvA7xWOLl_FeL1ZKn6NowF8eyevCrcev5trlQ 8oKfHooZAuQJxZMUqPutT0gSNzPo5NZqCRptyzn_y1gGW-BdTicyq5AzRFYi7SUBxS-JL_zjzAHqIJ-gq_Jbk_7xlDRvNduX2JTSYk-7MT9ZDTamDy7QEloRMSlZRcH4HhDmVZIEJbSKQOtda_TMqLopc AXyJkJZKOFqcv1vBYsogUI9hzxhmgi3Yg=w390-h676-no
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/VZ97LUvA3KvBs1zNiP-LaAfxlHQsRjmrZIs2bsel1qWaMAIMgMxBvw5eAtOCqQnuzQkQ3 zS04Za7JnuB6-Mwf4xwgHDW7rA136-2MjTSr3cZLurPtYPZAReHj3wdIIHReY7oH3COGiuySwOCBlER-e_sri6oDgyecj7jjF9X3RvE_r20vr-DljDyx9Gbefvc03gOFGDGa0uurdhkDfzgGhfUxb5VGwM_Y8ORK lD8FPn-_Oyny8zuxCdjOnxnkH40Rt-QYOUONw6rUx1WDEUDTBei9wNE2vgfK3CWnjYkvkvLmuM_zK9_C LXHMEVxphqJUoNC3rHgRNnWlh7tb5d39hw5kcwCxn1T7wNskHA RptJ6-cAS-z6GLXfGVxMS4eHjhi_ZzrKsF6HUw6z1ORISTIb8_v_zMdAbAc-JYegT15Y874x6Ft03YMfiy16wKn0RTq6Bpeqy1nHOlMlMguDbY OXb9lbdFDaFSx8R5Extxu74wSbuv9S3_WiqrRtlv7Rio799keH 8i3gbmX6ElmGB57FU3jBljhP_CLAefT5VusvvmfSws_eGwXwI5 Q5SgpmwscEXVNmIjKy1pufNZBa9HjVHlYMV9yneS_tuO8tEzNA 6eVM7TQAPc9oBifFhlCasVHcQbeET-w8ptFUlbUHlZjbzB0zVlE0KtMfhYhJM5d8=w1321-h676-no

cadence90
07-01-2017, 06:33 PM
@ tusacanyswe: this sounds like the direction Pegoretti has gone in, in recent years. I bet the frame is beautiful. You didn't take any photos?

:no::crap::confused::mad::eek::rolleyes::D

@ Blown Reek: to quote a line found on many Pegoretti frames: "You can do better."

@ huck*this: gorgeous frame, really nice.

thwart
07-01-2017, 07:31 PM
@ Blown Reek: to quote a line found on many Pegoretti frames: "You can do better."

One would guess he's never ridden a Peg, or he'd likely have a more benign view of Dario's work...

colker
07-01-2017, 08:09 PM
He is an Artist. And how dare you question the techniques of an Artist. Your pedestrian tastes can not fully appreciate all that goes into making such Art.

Now, if it wasn't a Pegoretti, one might think that you got a crap paint job. But since it's a Peg, it's as perfect as it should be.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/05/12/world/12Pineapple1/12Pineapple1-master768.jpg

Tell people it's art, and it's art.

No , he is not an artist and I bet Dario would never say it.. Dario knows art. He brings his love of art into his job which is frame building and frame painting. This is fact. You could redo your argument based on it and even keep the irony.
As for accepting something on a Pego one would not accept on a less iconic frame i will argue that a handmade frame may imply imperfections while an industrial object made in batches looks asseptically flawless. Those imperfections on the handmade frame don´t compromise longevity or performance and makes it one of a kind.
Pegos are made to be ridden and looked at. BOth aspects carry a lot of personality. NOt everybody enjoys it but that´s part of the plan when you have style.

Polyglot
07-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Dario painted my bike and he put quite a bit of thought into the paint job and executed it over a longer time frame (i.e. not all in one sitting) This is not common today. I am somewhat confused about the initial post as it is my understanding that Dario is not making many if any steel forks anymore, so is it possible this is a repaint or a very old stock frame? Was the Pegoretti name written out in full?

tuscanyswe
07-02-2017, 12:14 PM
Dario painted my bike and he put quite a bit of thought into the paint job and executed it over a longer time frame (i.e. not all in one sitting) This is not common today. I am somewhat confused about the initial post as it is my understanding that Dario is not making many if any steel forks anymore, so is it possible this is a repaint or a very old stock frame? Was the Pegoretti name written out in full?

Yes said handmade and pegoretti maybe even dario can't remember on the chain stay.

The paint was definitely ciavete and i know what a steel fork looks like :)
It could however have been even older than the 1 year i took away from the discussion as the owner strangely wasn't super keen on discussing the ins and out of the meet with dario so i dident push the conversation either.

Satellite
07-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Never cared for the Pegoretti art paint jobs. I personally wouldn't be happy with the uneven paint but I doubt there is much that can be done about it. I am surprised it wasn't filled in when clear coated. Assuming it is clear coated???

veggieburger
07-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Never cared for the Pegoretti art paint jobs. I personally wouldn't be happy with the uneven paint...?

Same. Kind of an emperor's new clothes sort of situation IMO.

thwart
07-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Kind of an emperor's new clothes sort of situation IMO.

Well, I'm seeing those robes. And they look darn good to me.

http://7169-presscdn-0-61.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/pegoretti-responsorium-4.jpg

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2011/03/09/1/pegoretti_stainless_panel_600.jpg

https://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Pegoretti-custom-painted-road-bikes-music-theme02.jpg

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/519d313ee4b08f8c1231b360/5240537de4b02291e91eebee/52c9acaee4b0b674fecee1df/1423338822660/IMGP0770.jpg?format=1500w

http://7169-presscdn-0-61.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dario-pegoretti-33.jpg

http://racefietsblog.nl/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Pegoretti-vorticist-paint.jpg

colker
07-02-2017, 09:06 PM

http://7169-presscdn-0-61.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dario-pegoretti-33.jpg

This is beautifull (YMMV) and top of the top when it comes to quality(undisputable).

uber
07-03-2017, 08:30 AM
I am a huge Dario fan. Much of the discussions are related to his paint
schemes. If he didn't want that kind of attention, Dario probably would not
continue to delight us with them, but I think his ability to produce some of
the best riding frames dwarfs his painting abilities. I drank the Kool Aid. There is something great about how his frames ride. I apologize for hijacking the thread.

chiasticon
07-03-2017, 08:43 AM
my take on his paint has been that I like some, don't like others. it's art, it's supposed to be polarizing.

round
07-03-2017, 09:25 AM
I am a huge Dario fan. Much of the discussions are related to his paint
schemes. If he didn't want that kind of attention, Dario probably would not
continue ......
Not a bad idea....

rallizes
07-03-2017, 09:29 AM
In the presence of greatness

colker
07-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Not a bad idea....

Beleza pura.:)

pjbaz
07-03-2017, 09:53 AM
I want a Pegoretti, and I'd absolutely go nuts to have a custom-painted one, but right now I just can't swing it. Some day I will either break down and order a new one or find a used one in my size ... why are all used Pegs SO big or small? LOL

Blown Reek
07-03-2017, 11:31 AM
I want a Pegoretti, and I'd absolutely go nuts to have a custom-painted one, but right now I just can't swing it. Some day I will either break down and order a new one or find a used one in my size ... why are all used Pegs SO big or small? LOL

Expand your search to include Landshark. Those paint jobs are on par with Pegoretti paint jobs. Ford/GM, Paper/Plastic, Charmin/Cottonelle, Pegoretti/Landshark. If you think there's something magical about connecting metal tubes, you'll find any reason to think one's better than the other.

colker
07-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Expand your search to include Landshark. Those paint jobs are on par with Pegoretti paint jobs. Ford/GM, Paper/Plastic, Charmin/Cottonelle, Pegoretti/Landshark. If you think there's something magical about connecting metal tubes, you'll find any reason to think one's better than the other.

Did you find any magic in bringing down what others find sublime? Did it make you wealthy? Happy? Or is it just because? Does it feel like you are smart?

Big Dan
07-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Did you find any magic in bringing down what others find sublime? Did it make you wealthy? Happy? Or is it just because? Does it feel like you are smart?

Look yourself in the mirror.

choke
07-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Count me as another fan of Dario's paint. My favorite is the Woodstock theme bike...it was posted on here but the pics were all on Photobucket so you can't see the full size ones. If you Google search images for 'Woodstock Pegoretti' you can still see the thumbnails though.

veggieburger
07-03-2017, 11:58 AM

Some are ok, some are atrocious. To each his/her own. Paint schemes are just so subjective...I don't care for the paint splattered look, but that certainly doesn't make me right. Raised edges though? That's another issue altogether.

colker
07-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Look yourself in the mirror.

I am not the one bringing anyone´s tastes down.

pjbaz
07-03-2017, 12:21 PM

My constant search includes Landshark but I'm currently after a Pegoretti, and not just because of the paint.

As for "magic" tube construction or my opinion of artisans I'm confident there is a difference based on many factors including how the tubes were joined. My personal experiences have shown me there is.

Of course, your dismissal of a framebuilder's skill makes me wonder if you'd consider a bike welded by me vs. one by a true frame builder to be the same. Again, I'm confident there would be substantial differences ... yet the tubes would all be welded so they're the same, right?

Hilltopperny
07-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Dario builds a fine bicycle. If his ciavete schemes aren't your thing there are stock schemes as well. Throw a leg over one and you may see the light. Then again maybe not, but I am very happy to have two and don't really feel the need to buy another bike which is saying something.

tuscanyswe
07-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Hmm this thread has taken a different direction, no surprise really i should have known .) Everything okay carry on downplaying or praising mr Dario its all okay in my book.

He makes a very nice looking ride imo! If i got the time i will try to take a sneak peak in the bag again and a pic or 2 tomorrow.

I Want Sachs?
07-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Dario's painting: Half I like, and half I don't get and would not get.

However, I don't see the point of claiming emphatic dislikes. After all, I don't like red bikes and would never want one, but I am okay if someone else likes them.

As for raised edges, I am wondering whether this is like the texture on Van Gogh paintings.

tuscanyswe
07-03-2017, 02:23 PM

However, I don't see the point of claiming emphatic dislikes. After all, I don't like red bikes and would never want one, but I am okay if someone else likes them.

As for raised edges, I am wondering whether this is like the texture on Van Gough paintings.

I will go to the sitting room and check?
Whats the deal with the texture on van gough for those not in the know?

thwart
07-03-2017, 02:29 PM
... for newer forumites, our fellow Paceliner with the user name 'round' is indeed Mr. Pegoretti...

I Want Sachs?
07-03-2017, 02:30 PM
I think texture is often used to create emphasis of the lines and the emotion. Also casts slight shadow line in the right light setting.

https://www.boundless.com/art-history/textbooks/boundless-art-history-textbook/thinking-and-talking-about-art-1/visual-elements-39/texture-249-5853/

pdmtong
07-03-2017, 02:50 PM
However at some places were dario had used (me assuming here..) a tool or the other end of a brush to smear and create sharp edges in the paint the clear coat had not fully compensated for the depth these marks from a tool had created. So one could feel the edge of the paint / clear when running your finger across these small "channels". Have anyone else with a peg ciavete (guess this paint is where he would use it the most) experienced something similar?
There are some areas of my ciavete responsorium where the paint is "glopped on" and you can feel the paint edge. there are underside areas where it looks like a chip or dirt but it's paint. mine is a "simpler" paint job but dont be fooled. It looks like a 5yo could do it but the reality is they can't. is it for everyone? no. definitely no, I do like the idea the guy who made the bike painted the bike. and it doesn't look like any other bike.
If you think there's something magical about connecting metal tubes, you'll find any reason to think one's better than the other.
it all depends on who is the beholder, right?

While I dont think one can make a strong case for fabrication technique (TIG, lugged, fillet) making a pronounced impact on a resultant ride quality, it is certainly the case that tubing selection - type, diameter, butting, swaging, placement will affect the ride.

The stainless IF SSR 953 I had does not ride anything like the Stainless XcR Responsorium.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170703/3e6dbaf2557e279941a2f67ed8d790f0.jpg

OtayBW
07-03-2017, 03:12 PM

Yeah - me, too. I've got a Responsorium with the green panels on black. Unidentifiable to most folks and I kind of like that. Many of the ciavete schemes are wicked awesome, but some are not my cup of tea at all. I'd be nervous to order one and getting pot luck....

Love the bike, though, whatever the flavor.

sevencyclist
07-03-2017, 03:40 PM
There are some areas of my ciavete responsorium where the paint is "glopped on" and you can feel the paint edge. there are underside areas where it looks like a chip or dirt but it's paint. mine is a "simpler" paint job but dont be fooled. It looks like a 5yo could do it but the reality is they can't. is it for everyone? no. definitely no, I do like the idea the guy who made the bike painted the bike. and it doesn't look like any other bike.

it all depends on who is the beholder, right?

While I dont think one can make a strong case for fabrication technique (TIG, lugged, fillet) making a pronounced impact on a resultant ride quality, it is certainly the case that tubing selection - type, diameter, butting, swaging, placement will affect the ride.

The stainless IF SSR 953 I had does not ride anything like the Stainless XcR Responsorium.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170703/3e6dbaf2557e279941a2f67ed8d790f0.jpg

Looks great! Which bike in your stable is your favorite?

Blown Reek
07-03-2017, 04:01 PM
I am not the one bringing anyone´s tastes down.

A fanboy finds absolute nothing lacking in the object of his desire's being. By definition, everything else is subpar.

and top of the top when it comes to quality(undisputable).

Yes. The quality of a Pegoretti is the pinnacle of frame building. The quality is indisputable. Much better than any other metal tubed bicycle, similarly constructed, because of the intangibility of Dario's work as a torch-and-filler rod slinger. And his paint jobs... his Paint Jobs! Heavens! I'm obviously too ignorantly pedestrian to appreciate such greatness.

Please, once again explain to me how a Pegoretti is the best bike out there. Better than them all, both in constructibility and aesthetics. I can't get my simple little mind around it. You see Pegoretti, I see Landshark. Both metal bikes, both with unique paint jobs, yet one is quantifiably better than the other. And the one that you choose seems to be on a plane higher than all others.

http://www.knuckletattoos.co.uk/content/uploads/2017/07/b102e3d07c51f064541547baec70674a_tattoo-1-520x342.png

Pegoretti for lyfe, bro.

rallizes
07-03-2017, 04:14 PM
A fanboy finds absolute nothing lacking in the object of his desire's being. By definition, everything else is subpar.

Yes. The quality of a Pegoretti is the pinnacle of frame building. The quality is indisputable. Much better than any other metal tubed bicycle, similarly constructed, because of the intangibility of Dario's work as a torch-and-filler rod slinger. And his paint jobs... his Paint Jobs! Heavens! I'm obviously too ignorantly pedestrian to appreciate such greatness.

Please, once again explain to me how a Pegoretti is the best bike out there. Better than them all, both in constructibility and aesthetics. I can't get my simple little mind around it. You see Pegoretti, I see Landshark. Both metal bikes, both with unique paint jobs, yet one is quantifiably better than the other. And the one that you choose seems to be on a plane higher than all others.

http://www.knuckletattoos.co.uk/content/uploads/2017/07/b102e3d07c51f064541547baec70674a_tattoo-1-520x342.png

Pegoretti for lyfe, bro.

Lots of spare time?

Blown Reek
07-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Lots of spare time?

Tons of it. But if you think that these posts take any more than a couple of minutes to write, you're mistaken.

FlashUNC
07-03-2017, 04:20 PM
A Landshark won a Giro and a Pego won a Tour. Argue about which Grand Tour is the more impressive win instead.

Blown Reek
07-03-2017, 04:40 PM
A Landshark won a Giro and a Pego won a Tour. Argue about which Grand Tour is the more impressive win instead.

Trek won seven in a row. Obviously that is the better bike.

thwart
07-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Boy, I just hate it when someone deletes those all those posts about how much better a Peg is compared to a Landshark.

We are lucky to have so many great bike builders.

Best? Who knows.

Trek won seven in a row. Obviously that is the better bike.

Folks... please PM me to stop and take a few deep breaths if I go this far off the rails.

Please.

pdmtong
07-03-2017, 07:21 PM
it would be interesting to crystal ball into the future and see how the world thinks about metal frames, and exactly what place the "older" builders (richard, dario, JPW) retain in the pantheon.

like many things [insert here] , someone told me once that the current view of said [things] will change once one or two more generations die off.

My peg is nice and I am glad I have it. BTW, those Bora 50 tubulars have gone back to my friend ... I roll on more pedestrian wheels.

best bike ever? for sure no. BUT, it is a really nice ride.

colker
07-03-2017, 08:25 PM

Pegoretti for lyfe, bro.

Jebus..you really are on a crusade. Hey.. why not? If that´s how you get off, fine. Just don´t go creative on the meaning of my words and i let u write 100 posts fighting everyone who admires Pegoretti frames. :(

merlincustom1
07-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Mods, this one seems done, reduced to flamethrowing.

sonicCows
07-04-2017, 09:56 AM
A bunch of late-middle aged men (I say this not as charged but in that you're more likely to have a limited/privileged world view) who probably have not read academic critique are discussing art and the merits of texture and brush stroke :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Goes to the point that some members here love talking **** about what they don't know about

(ok I get that some of you might have this art background, but there's no doubt you're drowned out)

You can get a Peg in a single-color paint job if you want one...but cycling being a high end sport you should get whatever makes you happy and if Ciavete does that for you then that's great...it's no one's job to convince you to appreciate the aesthetics especially since they're so specific and subjective but you seem so outspoken in wanting to be heard and proven wrong

veggieburger
07-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Mods, this one seems done, reduced to flamethrowing.

Yeah, I second this.

OtayBW
07-04-2017, 11:26 AM
Goes to the point that some members here love talking **** about what they don't know aboutThat's the ironic thing about art: you're allowed to talk **** about it (good or bad) even if you don't 'know anything about it....

Mzilliox
07-04-2017, 11:47 AM
That's the ironic thing about art: you're allowed to talk **** about it (good or bad) even if you don't 'know anything about it....

art is expression of the human condition, every human knows about art. we are art, art is us. Some folks understand art better than others, but as humans we all know it. That's why we can all speak of it. No Irony at all.

OtayBW
07-04-2017, 11:50 AM
art is expression of the human condition, every human knows about art. we are art, art is us. Some folks understand art better than others, but as humans we all know it. That's why we can all speak of it. No Irony at all.
I was referring to the irony of the previous comment in the thread....

martl
07-05-2017, 12:48 AM
because *i* like Ciavete it doesn't mean *you* have to.

mmass
07-05-2017, 05:05 AM
As always in every forum (also in Italy) when there the word "pegoretti" came out plenty of "haters" and "lovers" open the keyboards

there are so many bikes out there, ready for the taste of everyone

everybody can choose the one he likes

sorry for my bad english

p.s. I have two Pego