PDA

View Full Version : Bobke is ripped!

KJMUNC
07-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Watching the NBC pre show and Bobke is looking super fit. One of the announcers complimented him on dropping 30lbs since the Tour last year :eek:

Good for him....motivation for all of us who could drop some excess baggage.

oldpotatoe
07-01-2017, 08:13 AM
Watching the NBC pre show and Bobke is looking super fit. One of the announcers complimented him on dropping 30lbs since the Tour last year :eek:

Good on him, like Bobke..

thunderworks
07-01-2017, 08:49 AM
Is the NBC Sports feed a subscription only service now? No longer free on cable packages?

ColonelJLloyd
07-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Is the NBC Sports feed a subscription only service now? No longer free on cable packages?

The feed isn't separate from the programming on NBC Sports if that's what you're asking. If you have the channel you have the feed.

jlwdm
07-01-2017, 09:25 AM

I am trying a few streaming services out this month that include NBCSN. Signed up for free 7 days of slingtv with DVR and HBO and will cancel this coming Friday night. Then going to try fubo. Not sure which one next.

Watching and recording right now.

Jeff

Hindmost
07-01-2017, 09:36 AM
This Thread should have a spoiler alert. (Smiley emoticon thing.)

Tickdoc
07-01-2017, 09:56 AM
That's awesome! ( now if he'd just let me fix that gap:)

ultraman6970
07-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Bobke fix his teeth aswell, the space is still there (more natural feel) but the chip is gone. Good for him.

fignon's barber
07-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Good for Bobke. Now the producers need to tell paul burmeister to stop flexing. He looks like an idiot.

wc1934
07-02-2017, 12:16 PM
That's awesome! ( now if he'd just let me fix that gap:)

do they have titanium fillers?

Cicli
07-02-2017, 12:44 PM
do they have titanium fillers?

Or carbon, for that modern look.

Lewis Moon
07-02-2017, 12:48 PM

PEDs....

tommyrod74
07-02-2017, 02:23 PM
I had the pleasure of riding with him (and dinner, and driving him around a bit) as part of the UCI race in Winston-Salem, NC a few weeks ago. He's rather fit at the moment. Also pretty entertaining to talk with. Also Kristen Armstrong (and got to hold her gold medal from Rio) and Robbie Ventura. Cool experience.

Bob said the hardest part of his job is the grand tours - 16 hour days, always "on" for the camera, and no time to ride or exercise in general.

Satellite
07-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Noticed Bob lost a bit of weight. I guess it's my turn now!!! I am doing a juice fast over the long weekend. However I am still doing BBQ for the family. This may be a new tradition for me over the 4th. I feel great except a few minor headaches and I have to brush my teeth a lot. The sugar from the fruit I suspect.

oldpotatoe
07-03-2017, 07:46 AM
Noticed Bob lost a bit of weight. I guess it's my turn now!!! I am doing a juice fast over the long weekend. However I am still doing BBQ for the family. This may be a new tradition for me over the 4th. I feel great except a few minor headaches and I have to brush my teeth a lot. The sugar from the fruit I suspect.

Well, not to highjack a thread..When I had a Waterford, wasn't impressed by the ride until I lost about 10 pounds..what a great frame!. Now, this summer, been able to ride more and even tho doing 12 ounce curls of my favorite barley pop..have lost some weight...and YES, 10 pounds make a HUGE difference. Now my bike weighs only 10 pounds!!:eek:

tiretrax
07-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Well, not to highjack a thread..When I had a Waterford, wasn't impressed by the ride until I lost about 10 pounds..what a great frame!. Now, this summer, been able to ride more and even tho doing 12 ounce curls of my favorite barley pop..have lost some weight...and YES, 10 pounds make a HUGE difference. Now my bike weighs only 10 pounds!!:eek:

Awesome! That would solve a lot of my issues.

chiasticon
07-03-2017, 09:17 AM
was totally hoping this thread was about how hilariously drunk Bobke was during the Tour broadcast.

complete let down. :(

echelon_john
07-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Hopefully Phil is...otherwise he's COMPLETELY round the bend. Unbearable.

was totally hoping this thread was about how hilariously drunk Bobke was during the Tour broadcast.

complete let down. :(

PQJ
07-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Hopefully Phil is...otherwise he's COMPLETELY round the bend. Unbearable.

Yep. I'm a huge fan of P+P. There was a time they were among the best commentating duos in all of sports. But they should have been put out to pasture about a decade ago.

echelon_john
07-03-2017, 10:01 AM
They're still the soundtrack of my cycling youth, don't get me wrong...but a graceful escalation to "emeritus" or "special commentator" status would be welcome.

Yep. I'm a huge fan of P+P. There was a time they were among the best commentating duos in all of sports. But they should have been put out to pasture about a decade ago.

rePhil
07-03-2017, 10:16 AM
From what i read P&P have been replaced in Australia and are not too happy about it.
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/phil-liggett-paul-sherwen-itvs-tour-de-france-coverage-249523

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/07/phil-liggett-missing-sbs-commentary-of-tour-de-france.html

They're still the soundtrack of my cycling youth, don't get me wrong...but a graceful escalation to "emeritus" or "special commentator" status would be welcome.

Macadamia
07-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Phil and Paul are fine compared to Carlton Kirby. His weird whispering tone and the repulsive way he says any non-english phrase or name is really grating.

Anyways back to Bobke, he has a cool youtube channel that rounds up news and sometimes covers races day by day. Kind of like GCN but not beholden to the bike industry. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHKOdvOjx4w_YAgOSDEqSxA

FlashUNC
07-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Phil and Paul are fine compared to Carlton Kirby. His weird whispering tone and the repulsive way he says any non-english phrase or name is really grating.

Anyways back to Bobke, he has a cool youtube channel that rounds up news and sometimes covers races day by day. Kind of like GCN but not beholden to the bike industry. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHKOdvOjx4w_YAgOSDEqSxA

Carlton Kirby doesn't think Team Kelme is still in the peloton though.

Mr. Pink
07-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Good for Bobke. Now the producers need to tell paul burmeister to stop flexing. He looks like an idiot.

Damnit. I sorta found that guy annoying, but, after you pointed it out, It's excruciating to watch him sit there and do that. It's going to be a long tour.

Edit. Betcha ten bucks he had the wardrobe girl pull the shirt back in the back just so with a few clips.

93KgBike
07-03-2017, 08:49 PM
...the wardrobe girl...

:rolleyes: