PDA

View Full Version : Hottest bike in the world... EVER!!!

Stevemikesteve
06-30-2017, 06:24 PM
Heard of the hottest BAND in the land? Welp you guessed it:bike:

https://sciacallobikes.com/collections/kiss-collection?sort_by=price-descending

Louis
06-30-2017, 06:31 PM
The perfect bike for Terry Gross, if she's a cyclist...

dancinkozmo
06-30-2017, 06:33 PM
the perfect bike for terry gross, if she's a cyclist...

hahaha !!!!

weiwentg
06-30-2017, 07:33 PM
"We know how hard it is to cough up $10,000 + on a decent race bike so we started Sciacallo Bikes to combat the overpriced bikes on the market."

Can't make this up.

pbarry
06-30-2017, 08:19 PM
The official Kiss skinsuit is rad.

jmoore
06-30-2017, 09:33 PM
$40 for a Primal Wear reject cycling cap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ultraman6970
06-30-2017, 09:37 PM
Same stradalli frame but with kiss paint? Honestly if that thing is like 10 thousand bucks, better be painted. The guy that designed the colors and stuff did an super good job.

sfscott
06-30-2017, 09:44 PM
So, I've always wondered what the deal is with Stradalli.

See 'me next to the pheromone ads in the back of Bicycling and other than ripping off the font of Ferrari, never took much note.

Anyone?

ultraman6970
06-30-2017, 09:51 PM
I do not know the deal either but looks like the guy was able to figure it out how to market and differentiate his stuff really well. He had/has a team aswell and in miami honestly you always find a sucker that will buy your stuff... their bikes looks ok, no idea how they are but by looking the bikes are ok.

One thing is sure, if you put me an old colnago and a new stradalli, what I will going to pick :D

makoti
06-30-2017, 09:56 PM
No Campy? The REO Speedwagon bike has Campy.

ultraman6970
06-30-2017, 10:40 PM
Lol

bigsledog
07-01-2017, 06:08 AM
Click bait - I took it

Cicli
07-01-2017, 06:18 AM
That stuff is hideous.

mcteague
07-01-2017, 06:26 AM
The perfect bike for Terry Gross, if she's a cyclist...

Took me a while to get this until I recalled her rather interesting interview with Gene Simmons. Never actually heard it but did hear Terry talk about it. She is absolutely the best interviewer around IMO.

Tim

Louis
07-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Took me a while to get this until I recalled her rather interesting interview with Gene Simmons. Never actually heard it but did hear Terry talk about it. She is absolutely the best interviewer around IMO.

I knew that would be an obscure reference, but figured we had enough NPR listeners here that at least a few would know what I meant. That was definitely one of the nuttiest interviews I've heard, and whether it was all an act or not, Simmons came across as a huge idiot.

54ny77
07-01-2017, 06:40 PM
I just listened to it and think Gross came across as a pompous intellectual. Simmons played her like a piano, was in total control. She obviously had an agenda from the get go, and he smelled it within seconds and took a different tact. He's a master of his own message.

I knew that would be an obscure reference, but figured we had enough NPR listeners here that at least a few would know what I meant. That was definitely one of the nuttiest interviews I've heard, and whether it was all an act or not, Simmons came across as a huge idiot.

Louis
07-02-2017, 12:43 AM
I just listened to it and think Gross came across as a pompous intellectual. Simmons played her like a piano, was in total control. She obviously had an agenda from the get go, and he smelled it within seconds and took a different tact. He's a master of his own message.

If that's the case, why did he refuse to allow NPR to release it on the web, as the vast majority of all Fresh Air guests do permit?

dpk501
07-02-2017, 01:27 AM
I wonder where the decal of Gene Simmons' tongue will be placed??

Louis
07-02-2017, 01:45 AM
I wonder where the decal of Gene Simmons' tongue will be placed??

Well, we know it can't go on the head tube, because that's too short.

mcteague
07-02-2017, 05:45 AM

Terry Gross a pompous intellectual? Have you listened to more than one broadcast? This type of thinking got us into the political state in which we now find ourselves.

54ny77
07-02-2017, 07:07 AM
what state is that, that whatever the particular media is, the so-called journalist comes at the interviewee with a pre-conceived agenda or conclusion and seeks to validate it through a particular line of questioning? i say that directed towards either end of the political spectrum. i want news, not opinions shoved down my throat.

in my opinion, the best journalist/interviewer on the planet is charlie rose. the guy is switzerland. elicits outstanding responses from guests across all manner of subjects and politics.

in my opinion, most neutral of major media outlets i've found is bbc. i just can't stomach watching any u.s.-based networks.

bloomberg used to be the most neutral online outlet, but the past few years it's bent to the will of its owner, sadly.

incidentally, did you listen to the entirety of the simmons interview?

"just one more question before we wrap up. i would like to think that the personality you're presented on our show today is a persona that you've affected as a member of kiss, something that you do on stage and before the microphone, that you're not nearly as obnoxious in the privacy of your own home or when you're having dinner with friends."

come on. really?

love him or hate him, the guy is immensely articulate about what he's all about, knows exactly what he's doing. gross threw what she thought were going to be curveballs at him, and he came back with line drives right at her head, because he saw the pitch before it left her hand.

he loves the sound of his own voice, which he actually says during the interview!

comes from incredibly humble background--born in israel, single mom who, along with her brother (simmons' uncle) were the only members of their family to survive concentration camps. emigrated to the u.s. in new york. never taken drugs and doesn't drink (apparently gets sick from alcohol). i thoroughly enjoy listening to him, despite his braggadocio. he's made his way in america and always praises the opportunities afforded in being able to do so here. i find that refreshing.

Part I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXMpo6rrUcI

Part II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkrGk_KPn0w

Part III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB0W3G74nYY

My favorite part of part III starts around 5:15, when he's asked about his mom.

Terry Gross a pompous intellectual? Have you listened to more than one broadcast? This type of thinking got us into the political state in which we now find ourselves.