PDA

View Full Version : Castelli Gloves? Model recommendations?

PNW
06-27-2017, 12:54 PM
I am going to pick up a set because the price of the Rapha gloves is up there! Any experience with Castelli or a certain model that's better? Not sure how I feel about huge gel pads but an open to recommendations! Do their gloves fit smaller?

Mzilliox
06-27-2017, 01:13 PM
I now ride almost completely gloveless except gravel rides, but:
My favorite gloves are made by Isadore. Also on ebay there's a set from australia made from kangaroo leather that is very nice but sized em down one size. i wear a large glove in giro, etc, but in this aussie kangaroo leather glove the large was too big.

the Isadore gloves are minimalist, and so damn nice. in fact, I rate Isadore clothes above all others so far that i have tried. Assos is close. Rapha is behind. Isadore climbers and eschelon bibs are second to none though. id gladly trade every assos and rapha piece i have for all isadore stuff. Also, they ship from europe but my goods arrived faster than any domestic company. im thinking it was only 3 or 4 days.

Im telling you and everyone right now, Isadore is a good company worth supporting if you can dig their styles, they even have a jersey that when you buy, a portion goes to medical research. Talk about a company i can support! i have the Iceland jersey and the climbers jersey as well as a long sleeved jersey, the eschelon bibs, the climbers bibs, and a hat. their fit and materials are so good, so so good. and they are not sewed in asia

ok, enough tooting the horn on Isadore. Giro makes nice gloves too, and quite frankly, my specialized winter gloves are very nice.

jlwdm
06-27-2017, 01:17 PM
I have used the Castelli Rosso Corsa for a long time. Like them.

Jeff

lhuerta
06-27-2017, 02:02 PM
....consider looking in to the Giro Monaco. Best cycling glove I have used in over 35 years of cycling. Quality materials, design, fit and very durable.....search the forum and you will find similar reviews.

cmbicycles
06-27-2017, 02:56 PM
The Cuero leather gloves from Jason at Recovered Cycling (forum sponsor at top of page)are really nice gloves imho. I have a pair that has replaced every other pair I own (Garneau, Spec, Giro). I didn't think I would like the lack of padding, but realized the padding on my other gloves is usually where I don't need/want it anyway.

PNW
06-27-2017, 10:17 PM
I now ride almost completely gloveless except gravel rides, but:
My favorite gloves are made by Isadore. Also on ebay there's a set from australia made from kangaroo leather that is very nice but sized em down one size. i wear a large glove in giro, etc, but in this aussie kangaroo leather glove the large was too big.

the Isadore gloves are minimalist, and so damn nice. in fact, I rate Isadore clothes above all others so far that i have tried. Assos is close. Rapha is behind. Isadore climbers and eschelon bibs are second to none though. id gladly trade every assos and rapha piece i have for all isadore stuff. Also, they ship from europe but my goods arrived faster than any domestic company. im thinking it was only 3 or 4 days.

Im telling you and everyone right now, Isadore is a good company worth supporting if you can dig their styles, they even have a jersey that when you buy, a portion goes to medical research. Talk about a company i can support! i have the Iceland jersey and the climbers jersey as well as a long sleeved jersey, the eschelon bibs, the climbers bibs, and a hat. their fit and materials are so good, so so good. and they are not sewed in asia

ok, enough tooting the horn on Isadore. Giro makes nice gloves too, and quite frankly, my specialized winter gloves are very nice.

Good to know!! Thanks for the response, I will definitely do some research!

PNW
06-27-2017, 10:18 PM
....consider looking in to the Giro Monaco. Best cycling glove I have used in over 35 years of cycling. Quality materials, design, fit and very durable.....search the forum and you will find similar reviews.

Do they fit small or similar to Specialized sizing?

heartattackride
06-27-2017, 10:22 PM
+1 for Giro Monaco. But I'm mostly a no glove rider.

jay023
06-27-2017, 10:31 PM
I just picked up a set of the Giro Zero CS gloves. Very comfortable and no bulky gel padding. Fit well, but a little tight when taking on/off

sw3759
06-28-2017, 12:29 AM
Do they fit small or similar to Specialized sizing?

size eems to the about the same in my experience..wear a medium specialized and medium in the Monaco/Bravo models..Zero has zero padding,if that's what your into.sorry,haven't tried castelli gloves recently so cant comment.