PDA

View Full Version : Nice graphic about muscles used during pedal stroke

malbecman
06-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Found this blog, no relation to the poster. I really liked the graphic
showing which leg muscles are used during the pedal stroke (and when!)
Also has some suggested exercises...

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/the-primary-muscles-used-for-cycling-and-how-to-train-them/

weisan
06-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Uh-oh, Ti Design....

Mikej
06-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Didn't we lay that one to rest several years ago?

Ti Designs
06-26-2017, 04:29 PM
Uh-oh, Ti Design....

It's like fighting the incoming tide...

All the other fitters where I work still use KOPS to set fore/aft position. I've explained countless times that it's center of gravity and activation of the glutes, not where the knee is over the pedal, they nod and go back to what they know. I can show them how it works, I can show them how long femurs or a long torso throws off their system, but it doesn't matter. I can test my method, it works. That doesn't seem to make any difference...

That graphic says I can show you a muscle timing sequence that involves a dozen muscles, and you can make that happen. You can't, but I can find two dozen such articles on the internet in about a minute. My suggestion of actually testing what you can or can't do doesn't stand a chance.

KarlC
06-27-2017, 10:00 AM
Didn't we lay that one to rest several years ago?

Got a link to the thread you are talking about, I'd like to read up on this topic.

Thx

93KgBike
06-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Got a link to the thread you are talking about, I'd like to read up on this topic.

Thx

I can't find your link. I'd like to read it as well.

josephr
06-28-2017, 02:44 PM
It's like fighting the incoming tide...

All the other fitters where I work still use KOPS to set fore/aft position. I've explained countless times that it's center of gravity and activation of the glutes, not where the knee is over the pedal, they nod and go back to what they know. I can show them how it works, I can show them how long femurs or a long torso throws off their system, but it doesn't matter. I can test my method, it works. That doesn't seem to make any difference...

That graphic says I can show you a muscle timing sequence that involves a dozen muscles, and you can make that happen. You can't, but I can find two dozen such articles on the internet in about a minute. My suggestion of actually testing what you can or can't do doesn't stand a chance.

but its still a pretty cool graphic. :cool:

muscle activation and utilization and power input are all variables that are so inter-ralated, its really difficult to gauge with simple neural monitors. It takes a trained eye to help technique, fit, and power development. The best thing about articles like these are they at least get folks thinking about their muscles and cross-training development.