PDA

View Full Version : Broken front derailleur cage help

Tickdoc
06-25-2017, 03:19 PM
Just noticed my derailleur cage in my seven is broken when cleaning it up.

So, is this a replaceable part? Easily replaced?

Wonder how it broke?

https://i.imgur.com/XB4wWjp.jpg

oldpotatoe
06-25-2017, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=Tickdoc;2194598]Just noticed my derailleur cage in my seven is broken when cleaning it up.

Wonder how it broke

Pretty common actually. Good news, bad news. Easy to take old part off and glue new one on. Bad news, not available as part so have to find a 'donor' front der.

Tickdoc
06-25-2017, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=Tickdoc;2194598]Just noticed my derailleur cage in my seven is broken when cleaning it up.

Wonder how it broke

Pretty common actually. Good news, bad news. Easy to take old part off and glue new one on. Bad news, not available as part so have to find a 'donor' front der.

Well, I am slowly accumulating several bits and pieces bound for boulder, I guess I'll just add this one to the list.

Would it be silly of me to epoxy it back together as a quick fix? I mean it shifts fine as is, but I have had a mystery creak come up lately and I'm wondering if this is it.

Cicli
06-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Hate to say it. The proper fix is a Chorus derailuer.

oldpotatoe
06-25-2017, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=oldpotatoe;2194606]

Well, I am slowly accumulating several bits and pieces bound for boulder, I guess I'll just add this one to the list.

Would it be silly of me to epoxy it back together as a quick fix? I mean it shifts fine as is, but I have had a mystery creak come up lately and I'm wondering if this is it.

Yup, just glue it together but like right above, metal front dear cage..I have a 11s Athena, 32mm clamp I'll give you for shipping.

Tickdoc
06-25-2017, 04:42 PM
I may take you up on that, but not yet....wait til I have a box of others coming back from you and thanks again for the kind offer.

weisan
06-25-2017, 04:42 PM
I can send you a shimano FD free... :D

oldpotatoe
06-25-2017, 04:55 PM

And unlike shimano shifters and a Campagnolo front der, Campagnolo shifters and shimano front der would work fine. Just have to listen to the bike cry each ride.:D

Tickdoc
06-25-2017, 05:11 PM

Because they give them away? ;-)

Thanks for your contribution weisan pal.:beer:

Big Dan
06-25-2017, 05:36 PM
Because they give them away? ;-)

Thanks for your contribution weisan pal.:beer:

The joke is on you bud.
Keep buying crappy parts.
Oh, but it's Campagnolo............must be good.

:bike:

Peter B
06-25-2017, 05:42 PM
I've got one that did the same thing. Tried epoxying but that failed also. I replaced w/ Chorus.

oldpotatoe
06-25-2017, 06:04 PM
:)The joke is on you bud.

Oh buy a 10s front der from shimano for your 11s shimano shifters, oh wait, not compatible, bud.:D

Or those(put shimano lever here) that quits working..fix it right? Ops, nope,

Bud :)

Tickdoc
06-25-2017, 06:45 PM
The joke is on you bud.

Parts break, at least these are repairable ;-)