PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone run a Kickstarter/Indegogo campaign?

jmoore
06-25-2017, 09:24 AM
I need to raise a bit of cash for the business to fund a large production order and am looking into a Kickstarter/Indegogo campaign. I have read a bunch of "how to.." pages and guides. So the mechanics are straight forward enough. I've done models and know what's the costs are for rewards and fulfillment and taxes, etc. I'm working through the graphic design and photography now.

But was curious if anyone has had success with one. What can I expect once it launches? Did you have any unforseen issues I should look out for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Pelican
06-26-2017, 02:25 PM
But was curious if anyone has had success with one. What can I expect once it launches? Did you have any unforseen issues I should look out for?

We had a modest campaign two years ago. You can expect to be on 24/7 during the campaign answering questions and keeping your backers engaged. You should have a clear path to 50% funded from your own audience, KS doesn't bring you much traffic. We got the best placements, Staff Pick (when that was still a thing) and Best Tech Product for a week, but that accounted for less than 10% of the funding. Expect to run ads and spend money to hit anything over $50k, but you might not be raising that much.

It's always a lot more work than people think! Good luck with your campaign.