PDA

View Full Version : Cycliq Fly6[v] users: was your MicroSD card in the camera when you received it?

stuckinthecity
06-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Question for those of you with this camera — was the MicroSD card already inserted in the unit when you received it? (Trying to ascertain if my unit is old/used.) Was there anything on the MicroSD besides the instructions and the Date config file?

drewellison
06-21-2017, 04:33 PM
Question for those of you with this camera — was the MicroSD card already inserted in the unit when you received it? (Trying to ascertain if my unit is old/used.) Was there anything on the MicroSD besides the instructions and the Date config file?

It was a while ago, so I would think it was in the unit. Regardless, it was a small capacity and I replaced it right away. If you buy the newest model and best spec card. Don't get an older version card (last year's model?) at a discount. That's what I did at first (to save a coupla bucks) and it didn't work well. I ended up buying again. Of course, got 'em on Amazon.

Sorry to not be much help. But I sure do like my Fly6.

tuscanyswe
06-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Yes mine was inserted out of box. Just got one a coupe of weeks ago. I know cause i wanted to shift to a larger one from the fly12 out of the box.

I think very few ppl will check whats on the memory card before actually trying to record something so your 2nd question may be tough to answer.

Bought something that looks used advertised as new?

tuscanyswe
06-21-2017, 04:44 PM
One way to check would be to c i the time stamp on the recordings are correct. You would need to make a short video to c it.

On the fly12 the time stamp will change via connection to your phone app but on the fly6 i had to change it manually. So if thats done its definitely used by someone. However it can ofc have been used but that person never bothered with the incorrect time stamps and then I'm all out of brite ideas to nail him .)

R3awak3n
06-21-2017, 05:11 PM
I am pretty sure it was inserted but you know what? I always suspected that my camera had been previously used. The box came open and mangled a bit. I was fine with it because camera works fine and I got it for a killer deal. I rarely use it now, I should put it for sale here.

stuckinthecity
06-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Thanks. Comforting to know about the memory card. The date hadn't been set, so that's one indication that it's probably a new unit.

daker13
06-21-2017, 09:32 PM
I am pretty sure it was inserted but you know what? I always suspected that my camera had been previously used. The box came open and mangled a bit. I was fine with it because camera works fine and I got it for a killer deal. I rarely use it now, I should put it for sale here.

Can I ask why not? I think I'm going to pick one of these up.

shovelhd
06-22-2017, 06:38 AM
I have one of the earliest models, bought directly from Cycliq via their Xmas promotion. I think it came with an 8GB card that was already inserted in the unit. I immediately replaced it with a 32GB Class 10 card. With that and a small battery I get ten hours of stun flash and video out of it. Like with my helmet, I don't ride anywhere without it.

NHAero
06-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Coincidentally I just ordered a Fly6. I'm working with some folks on Martha's Vineyard to see if we can turn the dial on cycling safety, and we have a meeting with the island police chiefs next month. I thought if I had some video of really close passing it might make it real for them.