PDA

View Full Version : ahhhh...another shoe question...

ls1togo
06-21-2017, 12:34 PM
I'm considering the purchase of a pair of Sidi Shots....I have a pair of Sidi Genius 5's that I've had for probably 8 or 9 years and they're beginning to give out..they fit perfectly in width and length...they're size 45.
I also have a pair of Sidi Genius 6.6 Vent Carbon's also in a size 45, maybe 3 years old and they've always felt too big in the toe box...I've read that later versions of the higher level Sidi's were a little bigger and therein lies my confusion....
On the Sidi sizing guide, I measure a size 44 at 280-283mm and remember a size 45 in a old Genius 45 fits perfectly but a newer Genius 6.6 does not...
So do I buy a new pair of Sidi Shots in a 45 or go smaller, maybe 44.5 or 44...?
Any perspective? or experience?
Thanks

Idris Icabod
06-21-2017, 12:48 PM
You need to try them on, you probably don't have a LBS that has them in stock so I'd order both sizes from Art's and return the one that doesn't fit. They have free returns.

eippo1
06-21-2017, 01:16 PM
I've found that the toe box does not = any change in size for my feet. Wear 46 in Sidi and 45.5 in Specialized and tried 45.5 in Sidi when getting Wires (new toe box). Definitely too short for me.

Threw in a better set of insoles and problem was solved for me. Love the toe box now, but still wear my Ergo 2's from time to time.

pdmtong
06-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Presumably the Shot is built off the Wire but with the evolved closure system.

I am a 44.5 in G5, 6.6, Ergo 2 but a 44.0 in Wire.
The fit did change with the Wire.

I am a 44.0 in s-works, DMT, Giro Pro light, and Shimano road/mtb.

ls1togo
07-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Well, I pulled the trigger on a pair of Sidi Shot's in a 44.5 size. A great return policy was offered by the vendor, Daily Mart (on EBay) as well as a great price.
On initial trying on, they seemed too small both in width and length and I was disappointed, expecting to have to return them for a size 45. I kept playing with the BOA's and walking some on the carpet, finally deciding I would try again the next day before wrapping them for return....The next day they felt much better, maybe the wires needed to stretch...anyway, I put cleats on them and off I went ...now several rides later, about 120+miles, they fit great !!..perfect length and width, and yes, they are wider than my G5's....the Boa's work perfectly and the shoes are glove like in their fit..firm fitting in the instep and a soft firm grip in the heel and plenty of room in the toe box. Although, my shoe experience is limited to only this one brand, Sidi's, I cannot recommend these enough.

Vamoots58
07-07-2017, 08:14 AM
I'm considering the purchase of a pair of Sidi Shots....I have a pair of Sidi Genius 5's that I've had for probably 8 or 9 years and they're beginning to give out..they fit perfectly in width and length...they're size 45.
I also have a pair of Sidi Genius 6.6 Vent Carbon's also in a size 45, maybe 3 years old and they've always felt too big in the toe box...I've read that later versions of the higher level Sidi's were a little bigger and therein lies my confusion....
On the Sidi sizing guide, I measure a size 44 at 280-283mm and remember a size 45 in a old Genius 45 fits perfectly but a newer Genius 6.6 does not...
So do I buy a new pair of Sidi Shots in a 45 or go smaller, maybe 44.5 or 44...?
Any perspective? or experience?
Thanks

Funny, I just posted my thoughts on the Shots. I wore a 44 in Specialized S-Works (series 5). Went with the 44 on the Shots and could not be happier.