PDA

View Full Version : We know it as Rapha Pink

ojingoh
06-20-2017, 10:52 AM
And it suggests that the phenomenon of “millennial pink” — pink as a state of mind, or an idea, as opposed to a specific Pantone shade — has penetrated the sporting world.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/fashion/us-open-brooks-koepka-millennial-pink.html

velofinds
06-20-2017, 11:36 AM
La Gazzetta dello Sport pink ATMO.

cderalow
06-20-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm ok with it generally, but then again I've got two daughters and all sorts of pink crap at home.

by extension it makes some sense that pink has infiltrated my life to some degree.

purpurite
06-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Pink is just a color—not some gender-manipulating invisible force that makes a person behave in any particular way.

Dead Man
06-20-2017, 12:02 PM
We threw a splash o pink on our '17 kit in homage to the sport... "club pink" has always been classy. This ain't new.

Marc40a
07-14-2017, 08:39 AM
I frequently tell my wife "Everybody loves a guy in a pink shirt"

Myself being a six foot, hyper-masculine, scrappy looking guy with a shaved head, I look a whole lot less threatening when rocking a pink shirt. It's disarming.

I never would've dreamed of wearing one in my younger days, but now, in middle age, it's a go-to.

Gsinill
07-14-2017, 09:04 AM
Good luck wearing a pink dress shirt in a "suit and tie" business environment without instantly triggering stupid comments by middle-aged/older guys.

purpurite
07-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Walk downtown for 10 minutes and you'll find it's far more common than you think.

Cicli
07-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Walk downtown for 10 minutes and you'll find it's far more common than you think.

Glen Ellyn?
Yeah that's pretty hip.
Who am I to talk, Geneva.

I don't exit the burbs.

joosttx
07-14-2017, 09:26 AM
Pink is just a color—not some gender-manipulating invisible force that makes a person behave in any particular way.

You have it backwards.

purpurite
07-14-2017, 09:27 AM
That's BS. I'll leave it there. This is a stupid discussion.

Climb01742
07-14-2017, 09:31 AM
I admit it. I own a few pink Rapha bits. First, I like pink. Second, I like Rapha stuff. Third, I like their hi-viz pink as a change of pace from hi-viz yellow or orange. No deeper meaning than that I like it.;):beer:

joosttx
07-14-2017, 09:32 AM
That's BS. I'll leave it there. This is a stupid discussion.

Its a billion(S) dollar industry. Its not stupid. Lots of research and hours have gone into it by many very smart people. Do not be fooled by believing you cannot be fooled.

bobswire
07-14-2017, 09:32 AM

Yeah right, and Molteni Orange is just orange. :)

http://i65.tinypic.com/e19tft.jpg

Marc40a
07-14-2017, 09:35 AM
Good luck wearing a pink dress shirt in a "suit and tie" business environment without instantly triggering stupid comments by middle-aged/older guys.

I work in Finance in Boston (well...suburbs, nowadays)

I think you'd be surprised by the amount of 'peacocking' in business circles: meticulous shaving, hair coloring, cologne, hair gel, cufflinks, french cuffs, silk.

jghall
07-14-2017, 10:50 AM
"Everybody loves a guy in a pink shirt"

As my son says, "chick's dig it".

purpurite
07-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Its a billion(S) dollar industry. Its not stupid. Lots of research and hours have gone into it by many very smart people. Do not be fooled by believing you cannot be fooled.

I have worked in marketing for 25 years, so I understand more than you think.

The stupid discussion involves believing that pink somehow defines your masculinity to whatever degree. It's caveman.

Bradford
07-14-2017, 12:14 PM
...The stupid discussion involves believing that pink somehow defines your masculinity to whatever degree. It's caveman.

Yes, it is stupid. The concept of pink for girls and blue for boys is completely arbitrary and fairly modern, dating back to the 1940s.

Color is color, wear what makes you happy.

purpurite
07-14-2017, 01:13 PM
Thanks Bradford, you hit that one square on the barrel. Little known is that before the 40s, the colors were actually reversed.

joosttx
07-14-2017, 01:30 PM
I have worked in marketing for 25 years, so I understand more than you think.

The stupid discussion involves believing that pink somehow defines your masculinity to whatever degree. It's caveman.

Sorry, I could not tell.

Bostic
07-14-2017, 01:51 PM
I think I have one Pink dress shirt. I don't wear it all that often because it's a royal pain in the ass to iron it properly. Plus I hardly ever wear slacks as an IT System Admin. Marketing is wasted on me, a color is a color. If I like something, I'll wear it.

I have one pair of expensive (for me at least) Rapha Bibs that have pink on them that I got during their yearly sale.