PDA

View Full Version : I like spring.

Tom
04-14-2004, 04:00 PM
When we got the new bikes, I was training for a marathon so I wasn't riding the old bike right before the new ones arrived. This winter I was riding the old bike on the trainer and this spring outside until the CSi came home.

Last weekend was the first couple of rides on the CSi since it came back home. Yow. I haven't wanted to come to work all week. I just want to go out and ride.

I know some folks think running out and buying the latest carbon piece is silly, but I really like the new set of last year's EC90 bars. I didn't ride so much in the drops before, for some reason the drops on these have me in what feels like the perfect balance. I wouldn't have associated riding in the drops and cruising, before, but that's what it's like. Very cool.

I think spring might actually arrive this year. Peepers were peeping, turtles were basking and the geese were humping.

Serotta PETE
04-14-2004, 04:26 PM
My daughter just came back from ALBANY and they had better weather that we had since last Friday.... THis weekend though we are to get on 70-80 degrees. Enjoy the new components....who cares what others think. (Fear is that you are getting like Spokes and Me,,,,,bad very bad.....

Hope to see you at OPen House in June

Climb01742
04-14-2004, 04:31 PM
i LOVE spring. everythign fresh and green. with summer to look forward to. fall is nice. but in fall, you have winter to look ahead to. yuck. the earth getting greener just makes me happy. here we have these tiny blue wild flowers that are just poking up. so cool. YAY!!!!!!

shaq-d
04-14-2004, 05:28 PM
and i saw animals! horses, squirrels, a bird with a funky red colour (good for a jersey?) and, when i took a rest stop, a h u g e swan :hello: or geese or whatever it was, all white, just hoooj.. he/she hovered around me and i felt like we were kindred spirits.. agreed

pbbob
04-14-2004, 05:31 PM
2 more weeks until pumpkin planting time. Yeaah spring!

Kevin
04-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Its great to be out of the basement and back on the road. What a great time of year.

Kevin

JohnS
04-14-2004, 05:55 PM
It was 58 degrees today and I just got done with 19 miles with the wife. it was my first ride of the year without tights and a jacket; just armwarmers. It felt great. I know, I know, everyone else still had insulation on but I heat up quickly. I HATE it when it goes over 80. I suffer!

CIII_bill
04-14-2004, 09:46 PM
It was upper 60's today in Denver so I went for a ride in the foothills just west of Denver. I saw three of the biggest deer just hanging out in someone's yard. It was so cool.

Bill

Russ
04-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Frankly, I can not complain about the weather down here this year.... We have been blessed with a superb winter and the cool, dry air has lasted longer than ever!

I could not believe I was riding with arm warmers yesterday! Where it was a nice 65 degrees. The wind was a bit crazy on the way home, however.

Cheers!