PDA

View Full Version : paint suggestions

Luwabra
06-16-2017, 08:57 AM
New build showing up monday... looking to do something different than im accustomed to..

Mr. Pink Fauxtorola

Im normally an all black finishing kit kinda guy.. but id like to paint a few components to match. the brakes im going to be using are one im considering painting from silver to black (br-r600) and then paint match the blue for the seatpost and stem... all suggestions are welcome as all city does not sell touch up paint... im having a hard time figuring out who to go to for an aerosol can.

sram rival groupo will be used so all black and carbon. black romin evo saddle, black tape, black fsa bars
belguim+ wheelset with dt350 hubs black nips and silver spokes compass bon jon pass tires... aesthetic suggestions welcome

whos had success painting components like brakes and also paint matching suggestions...
thanks

Cicli
06-16-2017, 09:03 AM
I wouldnt paint components. Just put them on how they are. It may look fine for a bit but in the end, too much machy, machy.

CMiller
06-16-2017, 09:56 AM
I think it would be too difficult to get a good match and to make it look smooth. Red Ritchey stem/post could look really good on those colors though, playing off the red in the back. I would either keep the silver brakes, if you have machined rims then a little more silver wouldn't hurt, or just buy some TRPs/Grand Cru brakes in black.