PDA

View Full Version : Rapha Sizing help

PNW
06-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Are the bundles the way to go with picking up gear for a better price? I know the stuff is great quality was just curious!

I normally wear a large shirt and I have heard their sizing fits small. Is this typically what people notice?

dbnm
06-12-2017, 10:47 AM
If you are ordering pro team gear, you might go up a size. Otherwise, order whatever you wear in other brands.

PNW
06-12-2017, 10:47 AM
If you are ordering pro team gear, you might go up a size. Otherwise, order whatever you wear in other brands.

Alright. I am just ordering the core gear bundle.

dbnm
06-12-2017, 11:08 AM
The Core gear is good. I live in NM and can't wear the Core jerseys above 70 degrees.

Here's my two cents on temperate ranges:
Classic Jersey - 30-65 degrees
Core Jersey 50-75 degrees
Flyweight Jersey 70-100 degrees

Classic/Core Bibs - 30-80 degrees
Flyweight Bibs - 70-100 degrees

makoti
06-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Yes, if a bundle has what you'd like in it, it is a great way to get their stuff at a "reasonable" price. With the discount code, so much the better.
I wear medium bibs in every brand except Castelli, including Rapha UNLESS it's PT. Then I have to go up to Large. I do not upsize the Jerseys.
If you wear base layers, consider those, too. Very nice. Bundle + code brings them to almost sensible prices.

chiasticon
06-12-2017, 11:09 AM
hard to compare tshirt fit versus jersey and bibs fit; depends how you wear your shirts and your jerseys, really. my advice is to order two sizes and send back what doesn't work. they're totally OK with this (assuming you don't actually wear it on a ride of course) and even have an option for it on their return form.

bundles are definitely a good way to go, if you need a full kit. if you don't, then you're paying extra for stuff you already have. I'd look around for a discount code too. they recently had a survey that gave you 25% off code. that expired, and then they sent out a follow-up survey with another one. not sure if the code is universal or I'd share it... :bike:

PNW
06-12-2017, 11:10 AM
The Core gear is good. I live in NM and can't wear the Core jerseys above 70 degrees.

I am in Oregon and we will see some riding days that are 80-95..hmm dang it. Not sure if I should go core or flyweight then.

makoti
06-12-2017, 11:12 AM

I have a PT lightweight & was tempted to try the Flyweight, but worry about the pockets. I carry a pack with all my stuff in my pockets & with the LW it will bounce if I stand. With even less material, I'm afraid it will become annoying. Can you compare the LW to the FW?

chiasticon
06-12-2017, 11:16 AM

Flyweight Bibs - 70-100 degreesagreed on your choices in general. basically, once it's above 70, I'm in either the flyweight (or "super lightweight" from previous years, same thing) or the pro team training jersey; find that to be very lightweight too. I stick with Classic or Pro Team bibs though, as I've had bad luck with the flyweight/lightweight bibs durability (on three separate pairs).

Core stuff is good below 70, it just doesn't have any mesh panels and it's a bit thicker, so I'd be dying in that over 70. unless it's just a super easy cruising sort of ride. a hammerfest sort of ride, no way.

dbnm
06-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Rapha is nearly the only brand I wear because it fits so well and I like the downplayed logos. With that being said, I usually wear the Flyweight or Classic bits. I did just buy the Lines Flyweight Pro Team jersey and love it. The pockets work just as well as the regular Flyweight jerseys. My only issue is with the iPhone 7+ which barely fits in any jersey that I own.

I have a PT lightweight & was tempted to try the Flyweight, but worry about the pockets. I carry a pack with all my stuff in my pockets & with the LW it will bounce if I stand. With even less material, I'm afraid it will become annoying. Can you compare the LW to the FW?

pdmtong
06-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Are the bundles the way to go with picking up gear for a better price? I know the stuff is great quality was just curious!

I normally wear a large shirt and I have heard their sizing fits small. Is this typically what people notice?

the sizing varies by line. and keeps changing. this is the most maddening thing about rapha.

the best deal is stacking a coupon on top of a bundle

if unsure your size, order multiples and return what doesn't fit.

Mzilliox
06-12-2017, 12:50 PM
i wear medium in every brand and every article of clothing, for whatever that is worth. assos has a roomier fit than Rapha. and Rapaha bibs do not fit me right. in fact i have a lightweight set i wore 3 times i need to offload.

Mzilliox
06-12-2017, 12:52 PM
the sizing varies by line. and keeps changing. this is the most maddening thing about rapha.

this, my classics seem to fit well, my lightweights not so well. same size. i do love me rapha jerseys, but for bibs i much prefer the assos and isadore offerings.

makoti
06-12-2017, 01:44 PM
Oh, one more thing. Returning stuff for size with Rapha is easy peasy. Just don't ride in it & they will swap it out for size.

asiantrick
06-16-2017, 05:57 PM
best time to get rapha is end of the season and black friday. Be patience and wait, you will save a bundle!!! :hello:

CNY rider
06-16-2017, 06:04 PM

+ one zillionty.
Even the gloves drive me nuts with how they vary in size.
I'll only buy classic bibs from them any more because I know the size small fits me perfectly. Everything else is a random guess.

Lanternrouge
06-16-2017, 08:36 PM
As many others have noted, the sizing on Rapha items can vary. For example, in the Pro Team stuff, I wear mediums, but I can wear a small for the Core. I have a pair of Classic Thermal bib and the smalls are fine, though the lightweight shorts are a little more snug.

Definitely order the various sizes and return what doesn't fit well. The bundles with coupons work out really well in terms of pricing. The clothes are nice. You should enjoy every ride in them.