PDA

View Full Version : Fulcrum Racing Speed tubulars - feedback?

d_douglas
06-11-2017, 12:00 AM
I am curious about these wheels as I've seen some 2012 wheels for sale at a good price. How is the braking on these? Could they hold me up at 215lbs?

Thanks for feedback...

ultraman6970
06-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Never had that brand of wheels but in high end I doubt you will have a single problem with them, is pretty much campagnolo quality. Low end in any brand could be a concern here and there but in high end stuff from fulcrum or campagnolo have a problem is really really rare.

ntb1001
06-11-2017, 08:09 AM
I've had Fulcrum Zero's in the past and also have Campy Erus which are the same.
I havent tried the Racing Speed versions...but I've had zero problems with the other wheels.Very good reliable wheels..
and I weigh more than 215lbs.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

asiantrick
06-16-2017, 05:55 PM
I'm currently riding these and might be my favorite pair of wheel. Very stiff wheel and can hold speed well. If you pair them with GP4000, make sure you wear gloves because your hand will go numb due to the stiffness :crap:

s4life
06-16-2017, 07:16 PM
I have a set of Fulcrum racing lights. Compared to my lightweight ventoux wheelset,it doesn't roll as fast from a stop, however the hubs seem better quality. They are plenty stiff, even more so than the Ventoux. Make sure you get campy brake pads. I had some issues with the yellow swiss stop pads.. I couldn't make the squealing noise go away.