PDA

View Full Version : Anyone following someone in The Tour Divide ?

simplemind
06-08-2017, 10:15 AM
The Tour Divide Grand Départ starts tomorrow, Friday, June 9. Here (http://trackleaders.com/tourdivide17) is the leaderboard, should you want to follow someone.
Tour Divide Web site: tourdivide.org
Some other useless INFO (https://gearjunkie.com/ultimate-tour-divide-mtb-bike-packing-build-for-2745-miles?sce=post-related-link) for us mortals.

JAGI410
06-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Gary Johnson, 2016 Libertartian Presidential Candidate is racing this year, and that's pretty damn cool.

Luwabra
06-08-2017, 11:18 AM
I'd like to see Greg Gleason do well he's a local gravel ultra endurance BOSS round here. SALSA sponsored rider.

-edit- I don't see gregs name on the start list. Dunno what happened there.

-edit- look at the right list. He's racing!! Dude is so tough. For an "older" guy that races many of the same gravel races that draw me in, he puts the young cocky dudes in check. He's an inspiration to me in that masters guys can still deal the pain :)

bobswire
06-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, I don't know nor follow any of the riders but I admire their courage and accomplishments,even if they are unable to complete it. I enjoy reading and watching videos post race.

Clean39T
06-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Gary Johnson, 2016 Libertartian Presidential Candidate is racing this year, and that's pretty damn cool.

Very cool - I'll stick him in my follow list..

ptourkin
06-08-2017, 12:48 PM

Good thing Aleppo isn't on the route.

gmcampy
06-08-2017, 02:43 PM
I'd like to see Greg Gleason do well he's a local gravel ultra endurance BOSS round here. SALSA sponsored rider.

-edit- I don't see gregs name on the start list. Dunno what happened there.

-edit- look at the right list. He's racing!! Dude is so tough. For an "older" guy that races many of the same gravel races that draw me in, he puts the young cocky dudes in check. He's an inspiration to me in that masters guys can still deal the pain :)

+1, great write up on his career on the Salsa Site, dude was 245# in 2005!