PDA

View Full Version : Portugal Bike Shops

Brian
08-25-2006, 10:10 AM
My wife and I will be driving around Portugal for two weeks starting mid-September. We’ll be staying in Lisbon, Evora, Tomar, Coimbra, Porto and Nazare. Anyone know of any bikes shops in or around these towns? It’d be great if I could score a neat jersey. Thanks.

KevinK
08-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Brian, I sent you a PM.

Kevin

nobrakes
08-25-2006, 01:18 PM
We had a difficult time finding bike shops in Lisbon, and the one we did find was also a scooter and motorcycle shop. We did find a really kool shop in Cascais, though. It was run by an ex-pro cyclist, who's name I can't remember, out of what looked like a remodeled garage attached to his villa. What was cool was all the old wool jerseys he had from when he rode, on display. I was able to buy one from him, but he had plenty more. He mostly worked on 'pedestrian' type bikes, with one or two newer bikes. He also had his old racing bike, an aluminum Vitus, with vintage Campy and uninflated Wolber tubulars on display. I couldn't comunicate with him, as neither of us spoke the others' language, but through sign language and nodding I was able to make some purchases. Very quaint and interesting shop which is probably typical for the area.