PDA

View Full Version : clipless pedals

northrider
08-25-2006, 09:04 AM
I use sidi road shoes and speedplay cleats on my Fierte IT, and love them. I would like to use the sidi mountain shoe with a recessed cleat for our long tandem rides on tours in order to walk around easily. I tried the Sidi mountain shoe with a time atac cleat - loved the shoe, but hated the cleat. Caused lots of pain in my knees - I do have easily irritated patellar tendons. I need something that's easy to install, yet allows lots of rotation. I bought the speedplay frog, but it looked like a nightmare to install.

KevinK
08-25-2006, 09:20 AM
We use the Crank Brothers Candy pedals for our tandem. Easy to get in and out of, and lots of float (if that is what you are after). I believe Performance has them on sale for $50/pair.

Kevin

dave thompson
08-25-2006, 09:40 AM
I use sidi road shoes and speedplay cleats on my Fierte IT, and love them. I would like to use the sidi mountain shoe with a recessed cleat for our long tandem rides on tours in order to walk around easily. I tried the Sidi mountain shoe with a time atac cleat - loved the shoe, but hated the cleat. Caused lots of pain in my knees - I do have easily irritated patellar tendons. I need something that's easy to install, yet allows lots of rotation. I bought the speedplay frog, but it looked like a nightmare to install.
Both my wife and I use the Frogs with SIDI shoes. Not at all hard to install and allow almost normal walking.