PDA

View Full Version : OT- Deleted ads on CL

cmbicycles
06-05-2017, 11:53 AM
I have been posting the dregs of bars/stems of my parts bin on craigslist locally, at least trying. They have been getting auto deleted it seems. Anyone else run into this? Its getting to be a pain to use CL. I keep guessing why they are deleting and re-upload pictures and fix it.

vqdriver
06-05-2017, 12:08 PM
kinda depends. dunno if they "auto" delete, but listings can be flagged by others for violating their rules, which can include multiple listings for the same item, duplicates in multiple categories, unrelated keywords, etc....
some of it makes sense i guess, but then i see these rules violated all the time in their listings. i just takes one over zealous buyer to flag them tho

paredown
06-05-2017, 12:17 PM
kinda depends. dunno if they "auto" delete, but listings can be flagged by others for violating their rules, which can include multiple listings for the same item, duplicates in multiple categories, unrelated keywords, etc....
some of it makes sense i guess, but then i see these rules violated all the time in their listings. i just takes one over zealous buyer to flag them tho

I think it may have to be more than one user--but CL is the wild, wild west.

I used to flag fake owner ads in the Cars for Sale by Owner--and I can't say that it had any effect at all...

cmbicycles
06-05-2017, 12:22 PM
I understand that things can be flagged by others, but one person flagging isn't supposed to take down a listing, it takes multiple flags before that is supposed to happen. Mine happened once a couple days ago, after re-listing, and then today almost instantly. It is a list of h-bars and stems and a couple other bulkier items I didn't want to bother w/ shipping... nothing cross listed, no spam keywords, just a list of items, short description and price. I see some things listed every day, or others that have 20+ listings every day.

vqdriver
06-05-2017, 12:39 PM
yeah, that's a mystery.

could try to post up a newly composed ad instead of relisting the existing to see if they just re-delete previously deleted listings.

zmudshark
06-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Are you sure they are deleted, or maybe just hidden (somewhat newish feature)? Posted from an account or as a 'one-off'?

cmbicycles
06-05-2017, 03:19 PM
They get deleted, shows up on the account page as such. Relisting isn't the end of the world, but a pain especially when there is a long list with pictures

pbarry
06-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Maybe reach out to CL? They might be able to shed some light on the problem.