PDA

View Full Version : What is WRONG with the US Junior XC Team!?

fstrthnu
08-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Maybe the US Juniors wouldn't have SUCKED so bad if they took off their warm up gear before the RACE started!

Why on earth would these juniors sabotage their performance like this? Looks? Bad coaching? Didn't sweat enough the day before? What a waste.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/aug06/mtbworlds06/?id=/photos/2006/aug06/mtbworlds06/mtbworlds064/JMXC_DSC0024a

Fstrthnu

Grant McLean
08-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Isn't it winter down there right now?

Gotta like the big bucks s-works under a junior!
I rode shiiite back then.

g

obtuse
08-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Maybe the US Juniors wouldn't have SUCKED so bad if they took off their warm up gear before the RACE started!

Why on earth would these juniors sabotage their performance like this? Looks? Bad coaching? Didn't sweat enough the day before? What a waste.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/aug06/mtbworlds06/?id=/photos/2006/aug06/mtbworlds06/mtbworlds064/JMXC_DSC0024a

Fstrthnu

ahm....maybe it was cold.

obtuse

shinomaster
08-24-2006, 07:37 PM
wasn't it cold at cross nats. last year?

fstrthnu
08-24-2006, 07:42 PM
ahm....maybe it was cold.

obtuse

Yeah... good point. But it wasn't cold for the other Juniors. I think even the Columbians were not wearing leg and arm warmers.

Just seems a little lame to Me. Like it was some kind of fashion statement they all decided to make the morning of World Championships. KOP IMHO.

Fstrthnu

obtuse
08-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah... good point. But it wasn't cold for the other Juniors. I think even the Columbians were not wearing leg and arm warmers.

Just seems a little lame to Me. Like it was some kind of fashion statement they all decided to make the morning of World Championships. KOP IMHO.

Fstrthnu

dude-
when your gunning for 47th place you gotta look good bub. why you think i wear white bib shorts and prada sunglasses?

obtuse

fstrthnu
08-24-2006, 07:52 PM
dude-
when your gunning for 47th place you gotta look good bub. why you think i wear white bib shorts and prada sunglasses?

obtuse

I just though it was so We would have an easier time picking fights when out riding :beer:

Fstrthnu

shinomaster
08-24-2006, 07:56 PM
rednecks love see-through shorts.

obtuse
08-24-2006, 07:58 PM
I just though it was so We would have an easier time picking fights when out riding :beer:

Fstrthnu

oh yeah; you see that way the rednecks have three options:

a) leave us alone.

b) go home to their wives and tell them all about how they beat up a guy in a white leotard who was riding a bicycle.

c) go home to their wives and tell them all about how they got beat up by a guy in a white leotard who was riding a bicycle.

obtuse

H.Frank Beshear
08-24-2006, 10:19 PM
By the time he got home it would have been 6 guys in white leotards and "Yeah Babe I look bad but I whupped the a$$ of the pansy boys." :beer:

BBB
08-24-2006, 10:42 PM
It's still winter in the Souther Hemisphere (1 week to spring starts). New Zealand is generally reasonably coolish in winter.