PDA

View Full Version : I can always find a VW tool for bikes

Tony Prioli
08-24-2006, 05:28 PM
And vice/versa..... Check out my 1960 vw Hazet 10mm 1/2 inch drive deep socket!!! fit like a charm to torque the 2007 campy record ultra torque crank to 42nm with a torque wrench.

mosca
08-24-2006, 06:25 PM
I think John Muir would be proud of you.

Bill Bove
08-25-2006, 07:41 AM
"Do it with love"

One of the best books I've ever read, more than about just fixing VeeDubs but about how to live a true life. I recommend it to everyone, "How To Keep Your Beetle Running Forever"

Tony, does this mean you have an 07 Record crank already?

Birddog
08-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Muir's book was great, it saved my skin more than once back in the early 70's. I always had it in the VW. I don't recall the problem but he saved my arse in Elko NV on a Sunday with one of his remedies and a cooperative junk yard guy. If he had a bike repair book, it would say something like "don't have a torque wrench? then find a broom handle you don't want about 1" in diameter. Attach it to your wrench with 3 hose clamps. Now turn your bolt till it's good and snug. Starting in the 12 0'clock position, reef down on the brrom handle till it breaks, that ought to be about 400 ft lbs (or whatever is called for). I rebuilt two engines with his guidance. May he RIP.

Birddog

Tony Prioli
08-25-2006, 06:05 PM
"Do it with love"

One of the best books I've ever read, more than about just fixing VeeDubs but about how to live a true life. I recommend it to everyone, "How To Keep Your Beetle Running Forever"

Tony, does this mean you have an 07 Record crank already?

I have a complete group. Look at the pictures on my other post, "look what landed in my garage 3". I will post the bike later today. The crank is very well done. The blue tool box above is my toolbox in my home garage. I got it Wed.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=20569

Bill Bove
08-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Two of our distributers have it in stock now too, I guess Campy beat their earlier prediction of November :banana: It'll be on my Legend next week :banana: :banana: