PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for Alaska

scooter01
08-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Well this is it, I leave tomorrow AM for a two week trip to the AK coast.
After getting in great shape for my ride across NC I am going to screw it up by taking a cruise and eating my heart out for the next two weeks.

I bet my trainer I would not gain any weight. She said it would be at least 8 lbs.

That’s OK I have ten days after the AK trip to ride it all off before my Cycle North Carolina ride.

Maybe Spoke will go with me to the MS 150 In New Bern the weekend before CNC. I can chase him for a hundred miles or so.

I will miss the Forum it seams I check this site out more than CNN!

rePhil
08-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Life is short,and the few pounds you may gain will be offset by the great time.
See you when you get back!

skyflash
08-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Did an Alaskan cruise a couple summers ago. At most of the excursions, we did bike rides. None of them were challenging, but it was still on the bike and fun.

Blastinbob
08-24-2006, 09:34 PM
The wife and i did a Alaskan cruise last year, rode the bike almost everyday in the gym to work off all the food I ate, even did my first ever spin class. Enjoy!

DavidR
08-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Enjoy your trip, my wife and I did a week in Alaska in June. You will have a great time and the gyms are not that bad on the boat!

ada@prorider.or
08-25-2006, 08:54 AM
can i join?
your lucky

CDRB
08-25-2006, 10:08 AM
I was up there in July with my wife and 2 kids. You are in for a treat!. Gym on the ship worked out great - only gained 1 pound.

We lucked out and saw Denali, 1st time it had been seen in 3 weeks.