PDA

View Full Version : Neuvation Wheels? What's the verdict?

93legendti
08-24-2006, 11:27 AM
I see Neuvation has a sale on---anyone tried these wheels?

93legendti
08-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Dooh! I think I found the answer:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=12620&highlight=neuvation

shinomaster
08-24-2006, 12:48 PM
I never heard a bad thing about them. They have super smooth hubs...for the price they are selling them for you don't have much to lose.

stevep
08-24-2006, 12:57 PM
those wheels hold up well... they are a good value and will give good service.
some of my riders used them this season.

Waldo
08-24-2006, 01:45 PM
I have the Campy version of the sale wheels. With the chain on the 28 cog in the back (I am running an IRD 12-28 cassette), the chain hits the spokes. I put in a small spacer, which improved things a bit, but did not eliminate the problem. Adding a wider spacer moved my 12 too far down toward the edge of the cassette. Had the same problem with a Campy 13-29 cassette. Don't know whether this would have been an issue with a closer-range cassette. So I had the LBS relace the drive-side spokes to the opposite side of the flange. Picking up the wheel today. We'll see how in holds up.

Otherwise, I'd ridden the wheels twice and had no problems.

Update: Just exchanged e-mails with John Neugent who said the hub should have been laced from the inside rather than from the outside the flange. He approved of the fix and offered to pay for it -- I accepted. He also offered to send a replacement wheel. Highly honorable man, I say.

stevep
08-24-2006, 01:58 PM
could be a cassette issue.
how does it work w/ a campy cassette?