PDA

View Full Version : OT: I might live in the CLE but GO DUBS!

sales guy
06-01-2017, 07:58 PM
I lived in Chicago and watched Jordan. He made the game exciting. Now, that's the way I view the Golden State Warriors.

LeBron, can't stand him. His whole Decision BS and honestly, when you watch the Cavs, they look like they hate their jobs. The Warriors, they look like their having fun out there.

And I can't handle another Cavs win/parade. UGH!!

So GO DUBS!!!

Louis
06-01-2017, 08:06 PM
IMO as a mostly disinterested outsider, the Warriors are the bad guys.

They're already one of the very best teams EVER in the history of the NBA, but no, that's not enough - they have add yet another top-rank player.

How many super-stars on one team do you need to beat LeBron?

Go Cavs!

sales guy
06-01-2017, 08:11 PM
IMO as a mostly disinterested outsider, the Warriors are the bad guys.

They're already one of the very best teams EVER in the history of the NBA, but no, that's not enough - they have add yet another top-rank player.

How many super-stars on one team do you need to beat LeBron?

Go Cavs!

LeBron and the Miami Heat did the same thing. That's the way the league allows it right now. I think it sucks. But GSW wasn't the first. Look at the Bulls and all the talent they had. Or even the Cavs right now. They aren't a slouch of a team.

I just can't stand LeBron. He was reported to be looking for land in our town and I was ready to protest. Where I live is super small and quiet. Right on the lake. All the BS and traffic it would've brought, not what I was looking forward too. He didn't thank goodness.

The Warriors, they look like they're having fun. They are the only reason I watch basketball

cadence90
06-01-2017, 08:35 PM
.... ..

FlashUNC
06-01-2017, 08:56 PM
LeBron is one of the three greatest players of all time. He's the insane hybrid of Jordan, Magic and Bill Russell.

His accomplishments speak for themselves.

No league has less parity than the NBA, a function of the game and the salary cap.

I hope we get these two teams in the Finals for the next 5 years.

sales guy
06-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Boston: KG, Pierce, Allen?
Miami: Wade, LBJ, Bosh, Allen?
Lakers: Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton...(OK, that didn't go so well).

All the same exact thing.

GSW and Durant had every right, just as every other NBA team/player does, to do what they did. I have no issue with it, and with or without KD I would want GSW to demolish CLE.

I have always despised LeBron's ego and passive-aggressive bs.
The other day, with the spray-painted gate incident, was just another last straw. The incident was despicable, but LBJ's reply was his typical whiny, feel-sorry-for-me stuff: "The main thing is that my family is safe...".

Dude, this stuff was spray-painted on the gate of your Bel-Air home, which probably has a mile-long drive beyond the gate and security all over the property. And, you and your family weren't even there. I seriously doubt that the paint fumes would waft all the way from LA to Cleveland, and then harm your family. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am so tired of this guy and his act.

100%.

Edit: man, I love Iggy. He's great.

I agree! The whole team is. I will say, Klay Thomson is having a hard Playoff run. I mean, his 60 points earlier in the year was insane and now, he's like lost everything.

But, yeah, LeDouche is so freaking arrogant. I can't stand it.

And the Cavs are super whiney. Like every single time something happens they blame the other team. I mean, LBJ got hit in the face by his own guy and blamed GSW last year and of course of who he is, they called it on GSW.

Love is stupid whiney.

And i'm sorry, but Jordan IS THE KING! Flat out. He did it all. Started it all. and he went to college too. So everyone talking about LBJ and his stats, how bout you take out the 4 yrs for college and see what it's like. Not even close.

Louis
06-01-2017, 09:16 PM
Dude, this stuff was spray-painted on the gate of your Bel-Air home, which probably has a mile-long drive beyond the gate and security all over the property.

A mile long?

jtakeda
06-01-2017, 09:17 PM
The warriors drafted their talent except for Durant so you can't be that mad.

That being said I feel for everyone who's not a cavs or warriors fan because the narrative the sports writers have been saying all season is "rematch-warriors and cavs" rematch. Grudge match etc. not even giving consideration that someone else might be there.

Growing up here you better believe I'm a warriors fan. And you don't know how many ****ty ****ing warriors squads I've watched. We believe era was the closest we got to the playoffs and when monta Ellis got traded to make room for currys development you better believe I thought it was the dumbest thing.

But I stand corrected. Warriors in 5. If not I'll be watching game 6 in Japan!

Ps. I was there for Klays 60 points in 3 quarter game--it was magical.

Richard
06-01-2017, 09:19 PM
"Sitting here on the eve of one of the greatest sporting events that we have in sports, race and what's going on comes again," James said. "But, I mean, I look at it as if this is to shed light and continue to keep the conversation going on my behalf, then I'm OK with it.

"My family's safe, and that's the most important. But it just goes to show that racism will always be a part of the world, a part of America. Hate in America, especially for African Americans, is living every day.

"And even though it's concealed most of the time, people hide their faces and say things about you and when they see you they'll smile in your face. It's alive every single day."

I guess I see this statement as anything but whiny woe is me. What was he supposed to say? "Go Cavs, it just sports?" Someone asked him a question, he answered. Good on him.

FlashUNC
06-01-2017, 09:20 PM
I agree! The whole team is. I will say, Klay Thomson is having a hard Playoff run. I mean, his 60 points earlier in the year was insane and now, he's like lost everything.

But, yeah, LeDouche is so freaking arrogant. I can't stand it.

And the Cavs are super whiney. Like every single time something happens they blame the other team. I mean, LBJ got hit in the face by his own guy and blamed GSW last year and of course of who he is, they called it on GSW.

Love is stupid whiney.

And i'm sorry, but Jordan IS THE KING! Flat out. He did it all. Started it all. and he went to college too. So everyone talking about LBJ and his stats, how bout you take out the 4 yrs for college and see what it's like. Not even close.

Jordan left a year early. And do we count those flameouts in the 1983 and 1984 NCAA tournaments then?

LeBron's doing things no player, including Jordan, has ever done.

sales guy
06-01-2017, 09:21 PM
The warriors drafted their talent except for Durant so you can't be that mad.

That being said I feel for everyone who's not a cavs or warriors fan because the narrative the sports writers have been saying all season is "rematch-warriors and cavs" rematch. Grudge match etc. not even giving consideration that someone else might be there.

Growing up here you better believe I'm a warriors fan. And you don't know how many ****ty ****ing warriors squads I've watched. We believe era was the closest we got to the playoffs and when monta Ellis got traded to make room for currys development you better believe I thought it was the dumbest thing.

But I stand corrected. Warriors in 5. If not I'll be watching game 6 in Japan!

Ps. I was there for Klays 60 points in 3 quarter game--it was magical.

I stopped watching basketball after Jordan retired. NEVER wanted to watch LeDouche. Never cared about him. Seriously, Steph and the Warriors are the only reason I watch basketball. When I'm traveling, I have it on the radio or streaming. They are so fun to watch.

I hope the Dubs keep it up. It would be great for them to win. Last year was crushing. And I bet it was magical to watch Klay that night at Oracle. I watched it on tv but it isn't the same.

So far so good. They're up. They just need to keep it going and not let up.

Also, I was rooting for the Celtics. They are fun to watch too cause of Thomas. Bummed he got hurt so early in the Playoffs.

GO DUBS!!!!

jtakeda
06-01-2017, 09:25 PM
LeBron is one of the three greatest players of all time. He's the insane hybrid of Jordan, Magic and Bill Russell.

His accomplishments speak for themselves.

No league has less parity than the NBA, a function of the game and the salary cap.

I hope we get these two teams in the Finals for the next 5 years.

Now that KD said he's willing to take less than max to keep iggy and Livingston, we're in good shape to continue to have deep playoff runs

Louis
06-01-2017, 09:26 PM
"Sitting here on the eve of one of the greatest sporting events that we have in sports, race and what's going on comes again," James said. "But, I mean, I look at it as if this is to shed light and continue to keep the conversation going on my behalf, then I'm OK with it.

"My family's safe, and that's the most important. But it just goes to show that racism will always be a part of the world, a part of America. Hate in America, especially for African Americans, is living every day.

"And even though it's concealed most of the time, people hide their faces and say things about you and when they see you they'll smile in your face. It's alive every single day."

I guess I see this statement as anything but whiny woe is me. What was he supposed to say? "Go Cavs, it just sports?" Someone asked him a question, he answered. Good on him.

+1

Seems to me to be a calm, intelligent response to a despicable act.

sales guy
06-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Jordan left a year early. And do we count those flameouts in the 1983 and 1984 NCAA tournaments then?

I think part of the reason LBJ has been able to do things is he didn't have competition for a number of years. If you look at the Jordan years, there were so many epic players. And when LBJ came out there just wasn't Kobe, yeah. But now, he has some competition.

But if you watched and remember Jordan, he is still the man. He played so hard every single night and did things no ones done. I love watching the highlight of him launching off the line when that free throw was shot. He was just insane. I showed my 15 yr old daughter highlights of Jordan and she was in shock. And she's grown up here in CLE with LBJ.

The whole decision BS, UGH!

cadence90
06-01-2017, 09:36 PM
.... ..

choke
06-01-2017, 10:54 PM
I'm just amazed that anyone even watches NBA, let alone that it still exists.

FlashUNC
06-01-2017, 10:55 PM
I'm just amazed that anyone even watches NBA, let alone that it still exists.

Best North American sports league going.

choke
06-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Best North American sports league going.Must resist....must resist....

FlashUNC
06-01-2017, 11:11 PM
What? MLB attendance is declining and continued to shrink to the margins of the former National Pastime. The NFL is bloodsport, has peaked and shed viewers this year. The NHL is, well, the NHL. Sure, huge in Canada I guess.

Rada
06-01-2017, 11:18 PM
NBA ratings declined from last year.

Louis
06-02-2017, 12:22 AM
I wasn't following the game at all, and had no clue what happened, so I just checked the final score...

That wasn't even close!

Two more like that, and the Cavs will have GSW right where they want them!

(jk - excluding injuries and player banishment by the league, the odds of Cleveland being to come back from a 3-1 deficit against this team are close to nil)

pdmtong
06-02-2017, 02:26 AM
yup...I was there...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170602/b92be2d5bcd3336c3a63401ffe2c3116.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170602/e0495597eed7b9cd5d5da7027a3dbd3b.jpg

Louis
06-02-2017, 02:40 AM
yup...I was there...

Too bad it wasn't a more exciting game...

(jk - I'm sure the home fans loved it)

cadence90
06-02-2017, 02:50 AM
.... ..

chiasticon
06-02-2017, 06:51 AM
when you watch the Cavs, they look like they hate their jobs.lol, you clearly haven't been actually watching them.

How many super-stars on one team do you need to beat LeBron?hey, at least they nailed their motto: "strength in numbers." as in: "we need everyone possible and every dollar we can to beat LeBron, because clearly even the best regular season record ever and a 3-1 lead wasn't enough."

sales guy
06-02-2017, 07:03 AM
lol, you clearly haven't been actually watching them.

hey, at least they nailed their motto: "strength in numbers." as in: "we need everyone possible and every dollar we can to beat LeBron, because clearly even the best regular season record ever and a 3-1 lead wasn't enough."

I have watched them. Many times. And they always look beat. Like its a chore to be there or they hate it.

And yeah, they lost last year. And that was Dray and Steph's fault. They've both admitted it. Two very stupid and costly mistakes. If Draymond Green hadn't fouled out for the rest of the series it would've been over in 5. 6 at the most. And Steph got cocky and Klay wasn't there for that pass.

In the end it it is what it is.

But so far, Game One.....22 points!!!!!

Warriors 1
Cavs 0

GO DUBS!!!!

sales guy
06-02-2017, 07:06 AM
You are so fortunate to go to so many games. :beer:

Once in my life I would love to see Steph, KD, Draymond, Iggy, and Livingston live. I like the entire GSW team, but in terms of personality those guys are my favorites.

I keep wanting to plan a trip when they're playing so I can go see a game there. It'd be awesome

cadence90
06-02-2017, 07:54 AM
.... ..

berserk87
06-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Different strokes, I guess. Call it want you want, but the entertainment value of the NBA playoffs has been awful this year. It's the worst year that I can recall. Blowouts, more blowouts, mostly snoozers, save for a couple of isolated games. It's all predictably funneled to Cavs v. Warriors anyway, so the 2 great games were irrelevant. Folks can canonize the Cavs & W's all day, and say that they are great teams - OK fine - but who likes watching 40 point beatings?

The NHL playoffs have been much better this season, at least in the East. Hard fought games for the most part, with some unpredictability involved. Nashville seems to be the best team in the league right now - and yet they are down 2-0 to a beaten up Penguins team that has been eking by somehow, looking like the lesser of each team in the last 2 series but somehow winning.

I'm not a baseball fan, but the Cubs winning the World Series last year? Are you kidding me? How crazy was that?

The NFL has some challenges right now (general fatigue of the Patriots dynasty for one), but it's still the big dog in terms of pro sports leagues. The NBA has issues.

chiasticon
06-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Not that LeWhinerBron v. Draymond and Steph's injury had anything to do with that, of course....yeah, that's why they handed Durant 26 million :rolleyes:

sales guy
06-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Not that LeWhinerBron v. Draymond and Steph's injury had anything to do with that, of course....

Have you ever seen LBJ, Kyrie, KLove, and Tristan, etc. on a "we-really- so-much-love-the-community-banana-boat" ride?

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/bananaboat1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1

Because I have not, not even on that nasty lake Cleveland is "lake-adjacent" to....

This CLE "team" from owner to GM to coach to stars to bench to staff, seems quite rife with substantial dislike.

I am so hoping for hoping for GSW 4-O, with an average margin of victory of 22+.

Just not against the utterly obnoxious CLEgos, I hope.
Do not waste your money on chaff.
:)

I am hoping for a sweep. that would be epic!! I loved last night. I couldn't really cheer cause I had a sick kid on the sofa next to me. But damn was that fun to watch! They just need to keep it up.

I would go even if it were against the Cavs. I don't care about who it were against. I think it's be cool to see the Dubs live is all. Like i've said, they make it fun to watch.

sales guy
06-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Different strokes, I guess. Call it want you want, but the entertainment value of the NBA playoffs has been awful this year. It's the worst year that I can recall. Blowouts, more blowouts, mostly snoozers, save for a couple of isolated games. It's all predictably funneled to Cavs v. Warriors anyway, so the 2 great games were irrelevant. Folks can canonize the Cavs & W's all day, and say that they are great teams - OK fine - but who likes watching 40 point beatings?

The NHL playoffs have been much better this season, at least in the East. Hard fought games for the most part, with some unpredictability involved. Nashville seems to be the best team in the league right now - and yet they are down 2-0 to a beaten up Penguins team that has been eking by somehow, looking like the lesser of each team in the last 2 series but somehow winning.

I'm not a baseball fan, but the Cubs winning the World Series last year? Are you kidding me? How crazy was that?

The NFL has some challenges right now (general fatigue of the Patriots dynasty for one), but it's still the big dog in terms of pro sports leagues. The NBA has issues.

I agree it's been kind of boring but it is what it is. I'm glad the Warriors are getting the chance to make up after last years loss.

I am a big Hockey fan. Sad the Bluejackets and my Rangers didn't make it in the finals. Would've loved that.

Cubs and Indians last year??? HOLY WOW was that insane! I used to live in Chicago and like the Indians. So it was tough who to root for with that one. I had gone to the All Star game when it was here as well as the playoffs and World Series here. It was really cool. Too cold tho. They need to cut down the season by 10 games or so.

sales guy
06-02-2017, 09:05 AM
yeah, that's why they handed Durant 26 million :rolleyes:

Yeah, they did. But he also said he'd take the minimum so he could stay there. He loves the Bay Area and loves his teammates and how easy they've made it. He's said he feels at home there.

jtakeda
06-02-2017, 10:38 AM
yeah, that's why they handed Durant 26 million :rolleyes:

If you look at the warriors rosters and their salary cap breakdown you'll see that most players are under paid---so I'm going to have to disagree with the "need every dollar" analysis.

While I do believe it is unfair to have 4 all stars on one team it's the new CBA that put the warriors in the situation.

Consider the alternative--Harrison Barnes wanted a 94 million/ 4 year deal --so 23 million ish/year. For just a little more you get kevin Durant without having to pay a luxury tax. From a GM perspective you're a fool to keep Barnes.

You can get upset about the parity but it's not like the team imploded to sign KD. It's the leagues big salary bump that attributed to this--bad timing I suppose

People are quick to forget that the cavs signed Kyle corver and Andrew bogut mid season in order to strengthen their roster. If Andrew bogut wasn't injured the rim protection and passing for CLE would be phenomally better. Cleveland seems to be the one scrambling to spend money to get better.

sales guy
06-02-2017, 11:11 AM
People are quick to forget that the cavs signed Kyle corver and Andrew bogut mid season in order to strengthen their roster. If Andrew bogut wasn't injured the rim protection and passing for CLE would be phenomally better. Cleveland seems to be the one scrambling to spend money to get better.

Agreed here! If you think about the Warriors and their current roster, they have a couple of vets and yes 4 All-Stars. But look at the newbs they have like McCaw. The Cavs have a much fuller, deeper roster of veteran players. They are stacking their bench.

brockd15
06-02-2017, 11:52 AM
hey, at least they nailed their motto: "strength in numbers." as in: "we need everyone possible and every dollar we can to beat LeBron, because clearly even the best regular season record ever and a 3-1 lead wasn't enough."

Except that they beat LeBron and the Cavs 4-2 the year before that, without Durant.

chiasticon
06-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Except that they beat LeBron and the Cavs 4-2 the year before that, without Durant.Cavs had two of their stars out injured for that entire series, and a good chunk of the prior ones. they didn't have a prayer, but still won two games. they didn't run out and hire another starter for $30 million because of it.

kevinvc
06-02-2017, 12:42 PM
I'm pretty ambivalent about this series. I have no attachment to either team. This thread is making me want to cheer for the Cavs.

jmikeq
06-02-2017, 12:45 PM
I say CLE in game 6... not a fan of either teams, I guess I dislike GSW > CLE

These super teams makes the league a bit boring to watch. We all knew it was gonna be a GSW v CLE rematch.

Let's go KNICKS! :hello:

sales guy
06-02-2017, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty ambivalent about this series. I have no attachment to either team. This thread is making me want to cheer for the Cavs.

How dare you! lol

brockd15
06-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Cavs had two of their stars out injured for that entire series, and a good chunk of the prior ones. they didn't have a prayer, but still won two games. they didn't run out and hire another starter for $30 million because of it.

Yes, there's always some reason. But if your beef is that they signed Durant, didn't Cleveland do it 2x by going out and hiring new starters in Lebron and Love? Curry, Green, and Thompson were all drafted by GS.

Salary wise, and I don't keep up with this (at all), but some googling shows...

2014/15
CLE: $81,377,633
GS:$72,585,093

2015/16
CLE: $107,028,395
GS: $95,777,682

2016/17
CLE: $126,590,164
GS: $99,993,851

Also, I'm with sales guy on Jordan! There have been other great players that have done great things, but not like Jordan. In my mind he's alone at the top.

chiasticon
06-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Yes, there's always some reason.I didn't say they would've won if Love and Irving were in. just that I'm surprised they didn't do worse. if people can make the argument that the Warriors blew up epically last year because Curry was injured (but played) and Green was suspended (of his own stupidity), certainly I can make this statement.

brockd15
06-02-2017, 02:05 PM
I didn't say they would've won if Love and Irving were in. just that I'm surprised they didn't do worse. if people can make the argument that the Warriors blew up epically last year because Curry was injured (but played) and Green was suspended (of his own stupidity), certainly I can make this statement.

No argument there.

GS should have won last year but just.....collapsed. Then again, I guess OKC could say the same thing. Which is another interesting point, that GS beat Durant last year even when paired with another superstar.

I just don't at all agree that GS went running to sign Durant to be able to compete with Cleveland (or San Antonio...or Houston...or whoever), but to make an already great team, that could already compete with (and usually beat) anyone, even better.

jlyon
06-02-2017, 02:07 PM
I guess I'm the only guy who actually likes both teams. I love NBA basketball in general.

I am hoping for a great series that goes 7 games.
I think both LeBron and Curry are great people and have gone out of their way to promote good sportsmanship in general while still being ultra competitive on court.

Many future hall of famers in this series.

My major complaint is ticket prices but I only go to 2 games a year.

chiasticon
06-02-2017, 03:05 PM
I just don't at all agree that GS went running to sign Durant to be able to compete with Cleveland (or San Antonio...or Houston...or whoever), but to make an already great team, that could already compete with (and usually beat) anyone, even better.my point was that last year was the first of the two meetings where both teams were basically healthy. it came down to four points. going out and getting Durant is killing a fly with a bazooka. but yes, I agree they were certainly more than able to compete before, clearly. now they're just dominant.

Drmojo
06-02-2017, 03:12 PM

you hate on Jordan
AND
Sagan
odd preferences yo
just playin'

Matthew
06-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Basketball sucks. Whistles every 12 seconds. Judgment call "fouls." Rim is too low. Give me the NHL playoffs all day long. That is intensity. Just can't get into hoops.

Rada
06-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Basketball sucks. Whistles every 12 seconds. Judgment call "fouls." Rim is too low. Give me the NHL playoffs all day long. That is intensity. Just can't get into hoops.

Agreed. Best thing about the NBA finals is the season is at an end.:hello:

chiasticon
06-02-2017, 04:13 PM
I agree that NHL is WAYYYYYY better than NBA. but I despise the Penguins (not because I'm from the Cleveland area and it's Pittsburgh, but because I'm a Flyers fan!) and how NBC fawns all over them so much so that it's difficult to even watch. during the regular season, NHL is on much more frequently than NBA.

Matthew
06-02-2017, 04:43 PM
I agree about NBC. Listening to Doc makes my blood boil. But thrilled it's on tv so I will watch. Wings fan here but don't care who is playing.

chiasticon
06-02-2017, 04:51 PM
I agree about NBC. Listening to Doc makes my blood boil. But thrilled it's on tv so I will watch. Wings fan here but don't care who is playing.the only thing worse than Doc is Pierre. I don't care where everyone went to college, what the scouts say about who, or what Crosby had for dinner last night, Pierre! Eddie Olczyk is almost a relief, until he starts droning on about horse racing... :crap:

brockd15
06-02-2017, 05:29 PM

Agreed. Best thing about the NBA finals is the season is at an end.:hello:

I've been to one pro hockey game. My wife and I left mid way through the first period, bored to tears.

Different strokes for different folks.

Now go start yer own hockey thread! ;)

Jaybee
06-02-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm a long time NBA fan, and I have to agree that LeBron is one of the best 2 or 3 players in history. If we are going to compare to Jordan, remember that the 90s was an era of talent dilution due to expansion, and that the existing rules made defense slightly more physical but infinitely less complex. I admire Jordan's will, but LeBron is the chessmaster in a way Jordan never was.

I hate the way Durant going to GS has made this a 2 team league. I miss the West playoffs being compelling television. It's bad for the league.

azrider
06-02-2017, 05:51 PM
sigh......

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51a63ee26bb3f7bd15000003/lebron-james-flop-knicks-2012.gif

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51a63f44eab8ea337f000007/lebron-james-flop-2011.gif

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/51a63f19eab8ea0803000000/lebron-james-flop-knicks-jr.gif

Louis
06-02-2017, 06:00 PM
sigh......

Yeah, the guy's a bum.

Probably shouldn't even be a starter on his own team, let alone being called the best player of his generation, if not even co-GOAT.

jr59
06-02-2017, 06:20 PM
VERY HARD to compare players from different eras! MJ over LBJ? Maybe if played in the MJ era. LBJ over MJ? Maybe if the called the game with today's rules.

What about Wilt who by any records, except rings is the greatest of all time. Again different eras.

Anyway, if you played a game with 5 MJs against 5 LBJS who you think would win? My bet would go to LBJ, no way in the world MJ handles him on the block.

Bob Ross
06-02-2017, 06:22 PM
While I do believe it is unfair to have 4 all stars on one team ...

I think Klay Thompson is doing his damndest to insure that won't be an issue
:banana:

Bob Ross
06-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Rim is too low.

Not sure I agree with that...but after watching the last two or three NBA seasons with a mixture of astonishment and boredom, I wouldn't have any objection if they decided to move the 3-point line back another 4 or 5 feet.

sales guy
06-02-2017, 07:38 PM
sigh......

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51a63ee26bb3f7bd15000003/lebron-james-flop-knicks-2012.gif

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51a63f44eab8ea337f000007/lebron-james-flop-2011.gif

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/51a63f19eab8ea0803000000/lebron-james-flop-knicks-jr.gif

LeDouche is the biggest flopper/whiner in history!
Kevin Love is second.

sales guy
06-02-2017, 07:40 PM
I think Klay Thompson is doing his damndest to insure that won't be an issue
:banana:

It's funny, Charles from Pez and I were just talking about the game and Klay today. It's like something happened personally and it's still in his head or something. And it all happened a few weeks after his 60 point game. At least he played some great defense last night but he is far from what he was last year or earlier in the season.

cadence90
06-02-2017, 10:57 PM
.... ..

velotrack
06-03-2017, 01:13 AM
feel free to skip over this whole wall of text. though I promise you I put thought into this - most of it isn't nonsense!

-remember that GSW drafted klay (late lottery pick), draymond (2nd round) and steph (who was like, the third or fourth selected point guard chosen that year - nice going timberwolves). and steph's paper mache ankles a few years ago is why his contract is so cheap - he'll get max (unless he takes less - he shouldn't.) when it expires. it's not a coincidence that they had cap space to sign KD. the warriors have a competent FO.

-4 all stars isn't new. 2 years ago, atlanta hawks. in fact, korver (a part of that east-leading 14-15 team) is on the cavs now... an acquisition to help with the firepower from deep. he's alright.

-hate on lebron james all you want, but he's good on both ends of the floor, passes and shoots well, and is essentially everything you'd want in a team leader. with how many minutes he's played in ~15 years (going deep into the playoffs, at that) of course you'll find a couple videos of him flopping. and he travels occassionally. get over it. if you're upset about flops, complain about james harden, who's actually always at the line.

-i don't see how anybody should be mad at him for what he said regarding his house being vandalized. no, he doesn't want you to feel sorry for him. he's just acknowledging the racism that still exists regardless of the money/fame you have.

-there's so much discussion of who's the GOAT - does it even mean anything? it's subjective. jordan and kareem were great players and lebron is making his own name with each passing year.

-if you think klay isn't playing well, you're not really watching. the game is so much more than just shooting and he's been locking down on defense. they're not lacking on offensive options.

-there was no ring for KD in OKC, regardless of how close they got. he tried for years, with players like harden, ibaka, waiters, etc. it's especially hard all those years playing with westbrook, who loves playing selfish, hero ball. not saying russ is a bad player, just that he's athletic and rather inefficient (iverson-like). KD moving to a team with better ball movement is exactly what he would never have had before. he can play iso when necessary and defend too. and toss up better shots than the bricks harrison barnes was putting out last finals.

-in a few years, we'll forget about KD moving teams, most likely. how many people still bring up kobe's rape case? how about all those cavs fans that burned jerseys after the decision? oh yeah - bron is as much of a ring chaser as anybody. joining wade and bosh, then going back to the cavs "to go back home" aka, after multiple years of first picks (wiggins, bennett) to trade off, plus kevin love and a now more mature Kyrie Irving? all his moves are for rings.

-KD doesn't owe anybody anything. he gets to choose where he works, who he works for, and how much he'll get paid for it. plus, how can you judge someone by how many championships they have, then later on denounce them for moving to get one? do you think in free agency he was thinking, "wow, I should go to the nets, they need me, and it would make the league more fair?". no - he's looking out for himself. and he should.

-love and irving being out 2 years ago and the draymond suspension/injuries on the gsw side gives both teams an out for the year they lost. truthfully, i think the warriors just choked last year.

isn't it nice to have healthy rosters for a tie breaker, then?

pdmtong
06-03-2017, 01:37 AM
truthfully, i think the warriors just choked last year.
very nicely articulated. as would be expected from someone with your academic pedigree. (GO BEARS!)

I went to game 5 last year - what should have been the greatest home game in the history of bay area sports instead was a massive choke and disappointment.
from win the title on your home floor and greatest team of all time 73-9 and title to sliding into a massive choke . . . it was worse than saragusa pancaking gannon and losing 16-9 at home...oh, what could have been.

Jaybee
06-03-2017, 07:27 AM
feel free to skip over this whole wall of text. though I promise you I put thought into this - most of it isn't nonsense!

-remember that GSW drafted klay (late lottery pick), draymond (2nd round) and steph (who was like, the third or fourth selected point guard chosen that year - nice going timberwolves). and steph's paper mache ankles a few years ago is why his contract is so cheap - he'll get max (unless he takes less - he shouldn't.) when it expires. it's not a coincidence that they had cap space to sign KD. the warriors have a competent FO.
[/I]

The Warriors cap space/KD is a mix of competency with a huge dollop of luck. Without Curry on a below market-deal, a huge spike in the cap in 16, the Ws dropping a 3-1 lead and the Thunder dropping a 3-1 lead before that, the stars don't align to get KD there. For this reason it's tremendously obnoxious to anyone who doesn't live in the Bay area to hear trophy-humping Lacob claim to be "light years ahead", as if fortune and the universe played no role in he and his team's success.

As for KDs choices, he can make them, and I as a fan can dislike what it does to the NBA product. It's more fun when 4-5 teams are legitimate contenders, not 1.5.

bobswire
06-03-2017, 08:11 AM
The Warriors cap space/KD is a mix of competency with a huge dollop of luck. Without Curry on a below market-deal, a huge spike in the cap in 16, the Ws dropping a 3-1 lead and the Thunder dropping a 3-1 lead before that, the stars don't align to get KD there. For this reason it's tremendously obnoxious to anyone who doesn't live in the Bay area to hear trophy-humping Lacob claim to be "light years ahead", as if fortune and the universe played no role in he and his team's success.

As for KDs choices, he can make them, and I as a fan can dislike what it does to the NBA product. It's more fun when 4-5 teams are legitimate contenders, not 1.5.

The Warriors are pretty much home grown and when Barnes turned down their contract offer two years ago (and subsequently disappeared in the playoffs last year)gave the Warriors the opportunity to pursue K.D. Credit the Warriors F.O. drafting smart,contract negotiating and hiring Kerr to guide them. That's not luck,give credit where do,fortune and universe had no more bearing on their success than any other teams lack there of.

Durant said it best,"“Like I’m the reason why Orlando couldn’t make the playoffs for five, six years in a row?” he said. “Am I the reason that Brooklyn gave all their picks to Boston? Like, am I the reason that they’re not that good (laughs). I can’t play for every team, so the truth of the matter is I left one team. It’s one more team that you probably would’ve thought would’ve been a contender. One more team. I couldn’t have made the (entire) East better. I couldn’t have made everybody (else) in the West better.”

You want to know about the team, go here. http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/

sales guy
06-03-2017, 09:07 AM
I agree with pretty much everything Velo, Jay, PDM and Bobs have said.

I don't think GSW "stacked" or bought their 4 all-star team. They made it. I mean, Steph and his ankles, Dray and his fouling and KD wanted something special. Klay, I agree, he's been off with shooting but he's stepped up huge on D. And that's awesome. I think it's helped them a ton.

I think GSW last year, I think the combo of Steph and Dray and of course "the pass" killed their chance of the win. Also, they seem to have an issue when they travel. Not sure what it is, but they seem to have a slow, tough time. Just look at the past two years. They have had tough tough games or lost when they have a tight travel schedule like they did when they went from Boston(OT game) to Mpls which was a DBL OT game.

Last year I wouldn't be surprised if the issues with his wife and her dad played a key in his head issues. He seems to have that. Kind of like Klay right now. If Draymond can stay out of trouble but still do his thing, they will win. He is incredible on D and deserves that award.

I dont disagree that Cleveland has a great team and LeDouche is a great player. But he has been chasing Jordan since he started. I mean, his number choice was proof. He's great on both ends, but he is a massive control freak. And I think that's why his guys always look like they hate playing. Like they're fearful of him getting pissed of him pushing for them to be traded. Just my opinion of course but given how vocal he is and how he's pushed others out, I wouldn't be surprised.

But I love watching the Dubs play. If you watch their games, many times it's like watching the Globetrotters. Crazy passes. Crazy shots. just impossible stuff.
I hope they win the title.

pdmtong
06-03-2017, 10:48 AM
And let's not forget the years of ineptitude. Trade parish yo the Celtics and the pick that became Mchale. The guys once traded who became all stars. Gilbert Arenas. Love and head shakes for don Nelson. We are talking decades where the warriors are probably the worst sports ticket in town.

Like the 70s Raiders and 80s 49ers and the 2010-2014 giants this is s special tone and we who live here know it.

Durant knows he is on a great situation. Watching these guys I dare say is more fun than watching the showtime Lakers whom I saw many times. This GSW team has the finesse but more explosive

bobswire
06-03-2017, 11:08 AM
And let's not forget the years of ineptitude. Trade parish yo the Celtics and the pick that became Mchale. The guys once traded who became all stars. Gilbert Arenas. Love and head shakes for don Nelson. We are talking decades where the warriors are probably the worst sports ticket in town.

Like the 70s Raiders and 80s 49ers and the 2010-2014 giants this is s special tone and we who live here know it.

Durant knows he is on a great situation. Watching these guys I dare say is more fun than watching the showtime Lakers whom I saw many times. This GSW team has the finesse but more explosive

And they can match up with anyone defensively.

jlwdm
06-03-2017, 12:27 PM

I dont disagree that Cleveland has a great team and LeDouche is a great player.

I root for Golden State, not Cleveland, but when I see you using the term "LeDouche' over and over again you lose any credibility in my mind.

Jeff

sales guy
06-03-2017, 01:21 PM
I root for Golden State, not Cleveland, but when I see you using the term "LeDouche' over and over again you lose any credibility in my mind.

Jeff

My laptop doesn't like him either so it autocorrects to that.

My feelings are when you do something like 'The Decision' and talk in the third person, you lose all credibility about how you love your town and what not. He went to Miami cause of money and a ring. He got them and came back. Great that he came back but if you really cared, you would've built the team back then and not jumped ship. The same could be said for OKC and KD. I don't fault KD as much tho cause he didn't do the whole stupid announcement and 3rd person BS.

Everyone burned their jerseys and screamed bloody murder when he did his thing. And then, like sheep, opened their arms to him and forgot the BS. He even sued a local beer company when he did his beer stunt in the Playoffs. All cause that company made a 'Quitness' named beer cause he jumped ship. How is that being about your hometown?

I'm not like that. BUT, I never liked the guy to begin with. He was cocky back in school and he's worse now. Yeah, he's a great player. But you could also be a teeny tiny bit humble. And doing a bike ride in Akron and donating bikes, that doesn't make you humble. That gives you a tax write-off!

Jaybee
06-03-2017, 05:15 PM
The Warriors are pretty much home grown and when Barnes turned down their contract offer two years ago (and subsequently disappeared in the playoffs last year)gave the Warriors the opportunity to pursue K.D. Credit the Warriors F.O. drafting smart,contract negotiating and hiring Kerr to guide them. That's not luck,give credit where do,fortune and universe had no more bearing on their success than any other teams lack there of.

Durant said it best,"“Like I’m the reason why Orlando couldn’t make the playoffs for five, six years in a row?” he said. “Am I the reason that Brooklyn gave all their picks to Boston? Like, am I the reason that they’re not that good (laughs). I can’t play for every team, so the truth of the matter is I left one team. It’s one more team that you probably would’ve thought would’ve been a contender. One more team. I couldn’t have made the (entire) East better. I couldn’t have made everybody (else) in the West better.”

You want to know about the team, go here. http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/

I don't deny that certain smart choices put GSW where they are, but if Steph doesn't get hurt 5 years ago he's on a Max deal and they can't afford Durant. If Durant's FA doesn't coincide with the largest cap spike in a generation, they can't afford Durant. If they win the title last year, then the PR cost is too high for Durant to go there. If OKC makes the finals last year, Durant probably feels compelled to run it back one more time, at least.

My point is not that the Ws aren't well managed. They are. But its silly to pretend like good fortune isn't an equal contributor along with hard smart work.

As for Durant not being repsonsbile for crappy basketball in the East, I will give him that. It's undeniable however, that he made an already great team better while simultaneously rendering their toughest opponent toothless. If you didn't have the Ws as a huge favorite to roll to a title you weren't paying attention, and that makes basketball boring outside of the Bay Area.

cadence90
06-03-2017, 06:45 PM
.... ..

cadence90
06-03-2017, 06:58 PM
.... ..

mosca
06-03-2017, 09:06 PM
https://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/90022314.jpg
How can you be hatin' on this guy? Come on...
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-says-bikes-most-heat-home-games-002634804--nba.html

sales guy
06-03-2017, 09:16 PM
https://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/90022314.jpg
How can you be hatin' on this guy? Come on...
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-says-bikes-most-heat-home-games-002634804--nba.html

Cause he's wearing a custom painted gold helmet and his saddle is too low. Among other reasons. But those work well. LOL!!

Bob Ross
06-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Speaking of which, is LBJ still a major shareholder in Cannondale?

sales guy
06-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Speaking of which, is LBJ still a major shareholder in Cannondale?

I don't know how much he's got but Dorel is publicly owned. If he owned it before they were bought, the C-Dale shareholders had the choice of stock in Dorel or a cash payout. Not sure which he took.

Back to the topic tho....GO DUBS!!!!

Carlos Santana playing the Anthem was kind of cool.
Good to see Steve Kerr back. I know what he's going thru with constant pain. Mine of course is in a wee bit different spot. But I understand what he's going thru.

cadence90
06-04-2017, 08:42 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-04-2017, 09:07 PM
:D

LBJ looking around for both his shoes after that play by Curry.

LOL!!! You know it! I was texting a buddy and said LBJ is gonna break his ankles trying catch him.

Up by 14. I'm loving this. They just need to keep it going and not let up.

cadence90
06-04-2017, 09:21 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-04-2017, 09:46 PM
When did KD go to Gervin's house and get all that ice put in him? What an amazing player.

GSW motion-o is so beautiful to watch, and the defense is insane.

"The relentless abuse of Cleveland's imperfections."

Agreed! So glad the 4yr old slept upstairs. Cause I was cheering like mad. Such a great game. And if CLE plays like this the next two, it's a sweep. I love watching these guys play.

19 points. 2-0 Dubs Go get em boys!

The books are getting rewritten every time they play. And it's fun to watch.

sales guy
06-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Fudge monkey is LBJ a diiiick! I mean, the reporters are asking questions, legit questions and he's being a massive D to them.

cadence90
06-04-2017, 10:37 PM
.... ..

FlashUNC
06-04-2017, 10:48 PM
Whines all the time, flops all the time, travels all the time, pushes off all the time, is very disrespectful, etc.

I admit that he is a great player, but I really despise his game and personality.

I loved watching this guy:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e9/59/ca/e959ca1ed7872679912b6a81bb2e8c82.gif

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/web03/2012/2/22/10/anigif_enhanced-buzz-1164-1329924673-27.gif

4.2 career assists per game for 7 (and on-going) for LeBron.

Great player, but Dr J was a total ball hog.

Couldn't win an NBA title until Moses Malone carried him there.

jtakeda
06-04-2017, 11:02 PM
The warriors are looking very strong this post season. If the dubs take game 3 theres a good chance of a sweep but I'm not so certain theyre going to win game 3.

To touch on Lebron--Hes a hyper competitive person. He just lost and is probably struggling to figure out a strategy to defeat this Golden State team. Its probably infuriating to have reporters come at you and try and coax you into saying "were going to lose". Thats not the message you want to send to your team and thats against your competitive drive, so I actually understand his post game interview.

Lebron is also the best player is basketball, and I would NOT consider him a douche. Hes a competitor and way more intelligent than I think we give him credit for.

joosttx
06-04-2017, 11:16 PM
The warriors are looking very strong this post season. If the dubs take game 3 theres a good chance of a sweep but I'm not so certain theyre going to win game 3.

To touch on Lebron--Hes a hyper competitive person. He just lost and is probably struggling to figure out a strategy to defeat this Golden State team. Its probably infuriating to have reporters come at you and try and coax you into saying "were going to lose". Thats not the message you want to send to your team and thats against your competitive drive, so I actually understand his post game interview.

Lebron is also the best player is basketball, and I would NOT consider him a douche. Hes a competitor and way more intelligent than I think we give him credit for.

If they win 3. It will get nasty for 4. Well, I think it going to get real nasty for game 4 regardless.

sales guy
06-05-2017, 06:40 AM
If they win 3. It will get nasty for 4. Well, I think it going to get real nasty for game 4 regardless.

I think it was getting pretty nasty last night. The amount of throwing, hooking and blocks out there was crazy. Game 3 will be up a couple notches for sure. And we're at like a 6 or 7 right now. Keep this up if the Dubs win 3, it's gonna go to 11 for 4!

Dray needs to calm down a bit tho. He's pushing for a suspension again if he's not careful. And they need him.

sales guy
06-05-2017, 06:44 AM

I don't disagree that he's quite smart. And he has some great advisors. But you can still be a massive douche and still be smart or rich.

I view doucheness not by smarts or wealth although that can make someone a douche. I don't like the way he plays, flops, whines and the way he treats others at times. Not going to the podium for the interview? All cause you have to wait for other players and coaches??? REALLY? Thats freaking childish. And then when a reporter asks you a question you don't like you slam him(not physically of course). That's again childish.

I don't care how competitive a person you are, treating people with kindness should still be way up the ranks in your everyday mantra.

cadence90
06-07-2017, 10:51 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-07-2017, 10:53 PM
Well, four in a row is going to be a bit of a challenge...

cadence90
06-07-2017, 11:00 PM
.... ..

Bob Ross
06-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Wow. That was... gratifying.

sales guy
06-07-2017, 11:05 PM
It seems completely do-able to me.....:D

This was insane to watch! KD was the absolute man tonight!

The cavs gave it their all tonight and GSW still pulled it out. I'm sorry, but it's gonna be a sweep. I will be shocked if if they don't sweep!

Louis
06-07-2017, 11:08 PM
It seems completely do-able to me.....:D

I see what you did there. ;)

cadence90
06-08-2017, 02:28 AM
.... ..

sales guy
06-08-2017, 07:14 AM
And it was all net! That's how solid that shot was.

And then to do an 11-0 run to finish the game was epic GSW fashion.

The fact that LeBron(sic) and Kyrie scored 77 points by themselves out of 113 shows they don't have the legs in them. They don't have the armory to reach into and take out the Dubs.

KD is incredible. I do think they need to do something with either one or two more vets to help out. And yes, everyone else needs to step up their games in-house. If I were them I'd be working my azz off all off-season to make sure I lived up to expectation or what the rest of the team can do. They are great. But everyone can get better in some way. Speaking of MaCaw, Macadoo, Barnes and the bench.

15-0. Friday night, unless something epic happens against GS, it's a sweep.

I was afraid I woke the kids up last night after screaming from the 45.2 second 3 pointer going in.

Bostic
06-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Can someone please enlighten me as I see two different traveling violations by Irving in one drive. The latter making it look like he is a running back going up the middle through defensive linemen and linebackers. Have the rules changed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Vu_oOTcTY

bikinchris
06-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Can someone please enlighten me as I see two different traveling violations by Irving in one drive. The latter making it look like he is a running back going up the middle through defensive linemen and linebackers. Have the rules changed?

NBA basketball ignores traveling, palming and sometimes double dribble rules all the time.

brockd15
06-08-2017, 11:08 AM

NBA basketball ignores traveling, palming and sometimes double dribble rules all the time.

I totally agree that those calls get ignored a lot, but in that Kyrie drive to the basket it looks like he just took two steps to me, so no travel.

sales guy
06-08-2017, 02:21 PM
I totally agree that those calls get ignored a lot, but in that Kyrie drive to the basket it looks like he just took two steps to me, so no travel.

What's funny is the TV guys were counting and even said he traveled.

Fivethumbs
06-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Looked like a Euro-plus step to me, so I vote for traveling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msl819
06-08-2017, 02:33 PM
What's funny is the TV guys were counting and even said he traveled.

Go back and watch the Kyle Korver dunk. He took close to five steps before he was done. To say the NBA doesn't call traveling is an understatement. When my wife asks if it was traveling, it was traveling! Goes both ways though.

bikingshearer
06-08-2017, 03:42 PM
A few thoughts:

The Warriors' success is down to luck? Perhaps. But remember, luck is when preparation meets opportunity. The Dubs front office has done the preparation better than any other team in the league for at least the last five years, maybe more.

All those stars against poor, last-man-standing Lebron? We've seen this film before, as in the Celtics (Russell & Co.) vs. the 76ers (Chamberlin). Red Auerbach was better at coaching at putting a team together (and coaching, for that matter) than anyone else in the league at the time. Boston got the banners. They were the better team. The goal is to win championships. To do that, you try to build the best team. This isn't the fourth-grade rec league where you try to even out the talent; it's the NBA.

In my mind, the biggest piece of pure luck for the Warriors was David Lee getting hurt, opening the door for Draymond Green to become Draymond Green. In their heart of hearts, nobody in the Warriors' front office envisioned Draymond becoming the stud he has turned out to be. No one else did, either, or he would not have been a 2nd round draft pick, so the Warriors were not alone in that. Lee was a class act, was a good scorer and a good rebounder for Golden State, and he always hustled; he deserves the fond greetings he still gets from the GS crowds. But Green has been a huge difference on the development of the team. Without him, the Warriors are another good team in the NBA (which still represents a huge step up for them).

I am one of the few who thought at the time that the Monta Ellis for Andrew Bogut trade was a smart move, a risk well worth taking. Ellis and Curry together was one point guard too many. Ellis had demonstrated that, while good, he was not the answer, so it made sense to take the chance on Curry. And the Warriors badly needed a Mongo in the middle. Bogut toughened them and was a team-first guy; that rubbed off.

GOAT - a vote for Wilt here. 100 points in a game. 50 points per game/30 rebounds per game for an entire season. (I don't care if the opposition is the Little Sisters of the Poor - those are numbers from another planet.) He could defend. He could handle the ball. I understand the arguments for Jordan and Lebron, and my opinion is no knock on them. But to me Wilt remains the best.

Something no one has mentioned. The Warriors are planning to move to SF is a year or two. Total d-bag move. The fans in and around Oakland have supported this team through some truly awful times. They have been loyal but also knowledgeable, appreciating good play from good opponents. They deserve far better than than to be kicked in the teeth now. Yet another reason, as if one is needed, that team owners do not care about the team's fans beyond making one more dollar off of them. (I fell even more strongly about this with the Raiders and their move to Las Vegas.)

I am glad both teams are pretty much completely healthy this series (although I haven't heard about the status of Kevin Love's ankle yet). No doubt the Cavs were hurt by losing Love and Irving in 2015. No doubt the Warriors were hurt by Curry's ankle and knee injuries in 2016.

Game 4 will be real test of the intestinal fortitude of the Cavs. They way they lost Game 3 was absolutely soul crushing. Most teams at any level in any sport cannot recover quickly, if at all, from that kind of loss. While I am very much hoping for a Warriors win, I will be interested to see if Cleveland can get it together to put up a battle. i hope they can and do - sports are more fun when there is an actual competition. But it will be a massive challenge.

cnighbor1
06-08-2017, 04:22 PM
The Warriors drafted old NBA players that still can play and the Cleveland team drafted old NBA players that cannot still play
That is the difference between the two teams With the NBA salary cap a team has to have at least one Super Star than some up and coming players Than fill in what's left in salary with that cap. To get to finals those fill players need to be old NBA players that still can play and our willing to take less pay The warriors have at least four of them All capable of proving good minutes

cadence90
06-08-2017, 04:37 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-08-2017, 04:58 PM
I find it hilarious that everyone is saying the Cavs should sign Paul from Indy and that's ok. But when the Dubs signed KD, it was how dare you sign a really good player and get 4 All-Stars in your starting line up

Both teams need players. GSW needs one for sure. Cavs, multiple.
The W's have a couple great young players but they are still young. They need work. The Cavs, they have too many older players and they need work.

I know people say the finals are boring, but I think last night proved otherwise. I mean, seriously?! KD and that shot. Coming back with 11 unanswered points was epic. It just proved the Warriors want it more than the Cavs.

a 15-0 record. More than any other team for the big 4 sports! The warriors are on a history streak. With everything they have going they are like watching Jordan in his prime and everything the Bulls accomplished.

ATMO of course

FlashUNC
06-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Ye Gods, if anything, what a lot of folks here are saying is diminishing what the Warriors are doing.

The Cavs are a great team who, in any other era, would have multiple rings when all is said and done. They have three All Stars, one of (if not the) greatest player ever, and a deep team that churns out offense at a ridiculous rate. They're 12-1 in the postseason until the finals, scoring 120 points per 100 possessions and were a general buzzsaw through the East. Last night LeBron played 45 minutes and the Cavs were +7 when he played (one assist off a triple double and still averaging a triple double for the Finals, btw), and the Cavs lost by 5. And are down 3-0 in a series that hasn't been all that close. That's insane by any measure.

The Warriors have stuffed a great offense in the garbage with historic defense (that 120 pts per 100 possesions is now around 103, or about what the Chicago Bulls managed to crank out during the regular season, unreal) and matched that with offense (118 pts per 100 possesions) we'll never see the likes of again.

Cavs biggest mistake was running into the greatest team of all time, they're not the Washington Generals.

toytech
06-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Amen!

joosttx
06-08-2017, 06:46 PM
only team that can beat the dubs would be one with a great center. thats their weakness.

velotrack
06-08-2017, 06:50 PM
wonder how things would be different with bogut as center? he played for the cavs for a nice minute... literally. truthfully, i think the result would be only slightly better than with TT.

joosttx
06-08-2017, 06:53 PM
wonder how things would be different with bogut as center? he played for the cavs for a nice minute... literally. truthfully, i think the result would be only slightly better than with TT.

i was thinking the kobe / shaq or a modern day showtime team would give the dubs trouble.

cadence90
06-08-2017, 06:59 PM
.... ..

FlashUNC
06-08-2017, 06:59 PM

You're right, the result would probably be about the same. They'd put him in that pick and roll with Curry and force Bogut to defend a bad switch, or run out the lineup that demands he defend 20 feet from the basket with Draymond at the 5, and that'd be that.

Big reason why Thompson's been on the bench since Game 1. He got eaten alive. And the Cavs haven't been able to exploit Curry in that same pick and roll action like last year's Finals, mostly because JR Smith and Iman Shumpert can't put it in the ocean at this point.

FlashUNC
06-08-2017, 07:10 PM
I guess I don't really see much diminishing the Warriors here.

Most people seem to be stating the obvious, that the Cavs are a great team, but that GSW, including their coaching staff/management, are simply better.

My only regret is that the Warriors should be looking at a three-peat.

Bogut's presence for CLE would not change this year's results imo.

You just called the Cavs a bunch of fossils not 10 comments ago.

Korver led the NBA in 3 point shooting percentage this year, and Channing Frye just trailed Steph Curry in that department this year. Williams is a former All Star coming in off the bench.

Its a veteran team, but none of the guys getting minutes are Willie Mays wandering the outfield for the Mets. Williams, Frye, Korver can all still play.

Yeah, they're not as deep as the Warriors, but neither is any other team in the league.

cadence90
06-08-2017, 09:42 PM
.... ..

hokoman
06-08-2017, 10:05 PM
Something no one has mentioned. The Warriors are planning to move to SF is a year or two. Total d-bag move. The fans in and around Oakland have supported this team through some truly awful times. They have been loyal but also knowledgeable, appreciating good play from good opponents. They deserve far better than than to be kicked in the teeth now. Yet another reason, as if one is needed, that team owners do not care about the team's fans beyond making one more dollar off of them. (I fell even more strongly about this with the Raiders and their move to Las Vegas.)

I think the Warriors moving to SF is unique because they did not ask SF to subsidize their construction. The Warriors bought their current parcel from Sales Force after the stadium proposal on Pier 30-32 failed (which would have been amazing and much easier to get to in regards to public transportation. I voted for the 30-32 pier project - that would have been awesome (BTW, I don't really care for baseball or basketball, but would have brought some life to boring SOMA)...

jtakeda
06-08-2017, 10:09 PM
I think the Warriors moving to SF is unique because they did not ask SF to subsidize their construction. The Warriors bought their current parcel from Sales Force after the stadium proposal on Pier 30-32 failed (which would have been amazing and much easier to get to in regards to public transportation. I voted for the 30-32 pier project - that would have been awesome (BTW, I don't really care for baseball or basketball, but would have brought some life to boring SOMA)...

For starters. Yes. It sucks that they're moving but at least it's not super far away. I do like the idea of a "more intimate fan experience" though

But in response to transportation, don't forget that those crappy tunnels they're digging up on 4th st are gonna be an underground subway system that connects to......you guessed it. The new warriors stadium!

So it's just a transfer from muni/Bart and boom. You're there.

sales guy
06-09-2017, 06:55 AM
You go, Cleveland.

Keeping it classy as ever....:rolleyes:

Yeah, I read about this and watched it yesterday. UGH!!! And the dude actually pushes her and starts to swing as a guy jumps in to her defense.

The whole parade and all of them taking their shirts off during it, another classy move.

Look at what happened last year at the World Series where a CLE fan punched and knocked out a Cubs fan after the loss. One thing I won't call CLE is classy. They just don't get it at times. I will say the RNC Protests here were calm but then again, 99% of the people here for them weren't from CLE so that explains it.

sales guy
06-09-2017, 07:00 AM
The whole thing of the W's moving, I get it. It sucks for some and not for others. In the end it is what it is and you move on. It's not like they're moving to Sacramento or Vegas?! They are moving into the city. Their logo is GGB. They call themselves "The City". So it's not a massive issue. And it will bring more money and to SF. Oracle was a destination location. Nothing around. You go out there. Watch game. Leave. Having it in SF people will go there. Eat food. Wander around. Watch game. Wander more and then go home. It's a smart move. And a HUGE one that they aren't using public cash! Love that. VS CLE and Quicken Loans Arena asking the city to foot $140 million in renovations! A multi billion dollar company/owner is asking a bunch of poor people for money. Not even gonna go there.

sales guy
06-09-2017, 07:06 AM
I love this video. It shows how good Steph Curry. And of course LBJ crying is funny.

Original link:
http://www.newsweek.com/sport-nba-finals-golden-state-warriors-cavaliers-622921?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=yahoo_news&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

I also found it funny how some people are screaming for LBJ to be Finals MVP?!?!?! Umm....don't think so.

Rada
06-09-2017, 08:09 AM
The whole thing of the W's moving, I get it. It sucks for some and not for others. In the end it is what it is and you move on. It's not like they're moving to Sacramento or Vegas?! They are moving into the city. Their logo is GGB. They call themselves "The City". So it's not a massive issue. And it will bring more money and to SF. Oracle was a destination location. Nothing around. You go out there. Watch game. Leave. Having it in SF people will go there. Eat food. Wander around. Watch game. Wander more and then go home. It's a smart move. And a HUGE one that they aren't using public cash! Love that. VS CLE and Quicken Loans Arena asking the city to foot $140 million in renovations! A multi billion dollar company/owner is asking a bunch of poor people for money. Not even gonna go there.

Not that huge. I don't think they asked for public funding because they knew the answer. Who is paying for the new billion plus transportation system? Also look into how the locals who actually live there feel about this. Billionaires getting their way as usual.

sales guy
06-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Of course a billionaire is getting his way again! What else is new there. And I bet a bunch of people in the area are not happy. But the businesses will be. The amount of cash influx to the area will be huge and then Trump can of course take credit for something he didn't do. So see, it all works out in the end!

donevwil
06-09-2017, 10:35 AM
I'm fine with the move, heck they played is SF when they originally moved here so they're really just moving back home. Plus I'm already priced out of any seats worth sitting in so nothing is going to change there.

Rada
06-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Of course a billionaire is getting his way again! What else is new there. And I bet a bunch of people in the area are not happy. But the businesses will be. The amount of cash influx to the area will be huge and then Trump can of course take credit for something he didn't do. So see, it all works out in the end!

The new businesses may be happy, maybe not so much the old ones. I was merely pointing out that the picture was not as rosy as you were making it appear.

sales guy
06-09-2017, 11:00 AM
The new businesses may be happy, maybe not so much the old ones. I was merely pointing out that the picture was not as rosy as you were making it appear.

I get it. I used to have a store in our Warehouse District. I got pushed out by the landlord cause he wanted a bar or restaurant and could ask for more money VS the less he was getting on my 5 yr lease. So I totally understand the situation.

I think having a Q in downtown is great cause I can take a rapid train into downtown and not have to deal with parking. Things cost a bit more food and entertainment wise of course. But if you're saving $20 in parking every time, it adds up.

In the end, it's the owners team and they can do whatever they want. And since I do live out there, I don't have a say anyways. But I like the Warriors. I like that they have fun or at least look like they're having fun playing. And I really don't know jack about basketball. But I can actually name the players and watch, all cause of them.

So, GO DUBS!!!!
I hope they sweep tonight.

cadence90
06-09-2017, 04:58 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-09-2017, 08:08 PM
GO DUBS!!!

I so want a sweep. It would shut a ton of people up. They think the 73/9 season was BS. They think Curry is a punk and can only shoot the 3. Dray is a goon and Klay is a fluke. They hate KD for the jump but I really think the team is the real deal and deserves some serious respect.

sales guy
06-09-2017, 10:21 PM
This game is just stupid!

The amount of BS calls on GS, lack of calls on the Cavs. The words and fighting. The "classy" behavior of Clevelanders.

Some super serious BS.

sales guy
06-09-2017, 10:23 PM
And what is with Steph???

donevwil
06-09-2017, 10:24 PM
This game is just stupid!

The amount of BS calls on GS, lack of calls on the Cavs. The words and fighting. The "classy" behavior of Clevelanders.

Some super serious BS.

It's a business, how much is one more game worth to the NBA? Too much to allow a sweep. The whole Draymond now Kerr "T" is especially curious.

Still only down 16, Warriors for the win.

cadence90
06-09-2017, 10:30 PM
.... ..

donevwil
06-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Did LBJ push the ref during that Pachulia-Shumpert scuffle? I'm not certain because I only saw the very end.

I saw the same thing, not going to rewind to confirm however.

cadence90
06-09-2017, 10:35 PM
.... ..

jr59
06-09-2017, 11:10 PM
It's a business, how much is one more game worth to the NBA? Too much to allow a sweep. The whole Draymond now Kerr "T" is especially curious.

Still only down 16, Warriors for the win.

Somewhere around 22 million

cadence90
06-09-2017, 11:19 PM
.... ..

donevwil
06-09-2017, 11:20 PM
It sure looked like it. Isn't that an automatic ejection?

OK, I rewound. That was absolutely a push. Well, considering it was LBJ let's just call it a suggestive nudge.

Regardless of the ref's the Cavs won this game, a truly awesome display. I was sure the tides would turn in the 2nd half. They didn't.

FlashUNC
06-09-2017, 11:24 PM

That's wrong. The logo is the East Span of the Bay Bridge. Because its an Oakland team.

http://www.howdesign.com/design-business/design-news/golden-state-warriors-logo/

sales guy
06-10-2017, 06:30 AM
That's wrong. The logo is the East Span of the Bay Bridge. Because its an Oakland team.

http://www.howdesign.com/design-business/design-news/golden-state-warriors-logo/

It look like the GGB for this East Coaster. lol

sales guy
06-10-2017, 06:37 AM
OK, I rewound. That was absolutely a push. Well, considering it was LBJ let's just call it a suggestive nudge.

Regardless of the ref's the Cavs won this game, a truly awesome display. I was sure the tides would turn in the 2nd half. They didn't.

They did win. I thought for sure they were going to come back. But watching Curry and others and how few shots they even attempted, it looked like they were asleep or phoning it in.

Even my wife said it looked a bit "rigged". Given everything that happened with the refing, the way they were playing. The NBA wanted a Game 5. Or the Warriors wanted to celebrate at home. But the refing was the absolute worst in history.

Oh and LBJ, he doesn't get called for anything. He could punch someone and still not get called.

enr1co
06-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Refs were on TV more than the players last night. :mad:

joosttx
06-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Refs were on TV more than the players last night. :mad:

That game made me loose a lot of faith in the NBA. The officiating was terrible not allowing the dubs to get into a run. I couldn't help think it was rigged. With that said Dray should of been ejected. ZaZa should of been ejected. And the Cavs were simply amazing. AMAZING

Rada
06-10-2017, 10:20 AM
Rigged? NBA? What are you guys surprised by as this has been going on for decades. What makes you think any of it is real? NBA = WWF. Why I stopped watching long ago.

joosttx
06-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Rigged? NBA? What are you guys surprised by as this has been going on for decades. What makes you think any of it is real? NBA = WWF. Why I stopped watching long ago.

Yeah, it seemed very apparent last night.

jr59
06-10-2017, 11:46 AM
That game made me loose a lot of faith in the NBA. The officiating was terrible not allowing the dubs to get into a run. I couldn't help think it was rigged. With that said Dray should of been ejected. ZaZa should of been ejected. And the Cavs were simply amazing. AMAZING

I think it was very poorly officiated game, for sure, but it was very bad both ways. I do not think it's rigged in any way! The Cavs shot the ball to well for there to be a fix.

joosttx
06-10-2017, 12:07 PM
I think it was very poorly officiated game, for sure, but it was very bad both ways. I do not think it's rigged in any way! The Cavs shot the ball to well for there to be a fix.

I hear you. Warriors seemed they could not get any momentum or start their fast break because of the questionable calls. What the Cavs did was spectacular.

jlwdm
06-10-2017, 03:12 PM
First of all I am pulling for the Warriors.

The game was officiated poorly, but not all on one side.

The Cavs let game 3 get away, but I felt like GS was doing some of the things that cost them the title last year. When the subs were in the game the player and ball movement totally change. Too much standing around. One of my complaints with GS is relying too much on the 3 point shot. You can't always count on 3s when the pressure is on. Move the ball and take the open threes or if the Cavs are trying to shut down the 3s move the ball into the open middle of the court. Curry made a couple of great 3s where he was totally covered, but I find he gets in trouble in the long run when he takes those shots.

GS does not have anyone who can guard LeBron and Kyrie when they drive to the basket they are too strong or too quick. The Cavs can get points or fouls almost every time LeBron and Kyrie drive to the hoop. When Kyrie hits 3s like last night there is not much you can do.

GS had a lot of time to come back last night and they did not - it was not the refs fault for the tempo.

Draymond Green. What can you say? He is the guy that can lose this series for the Warriors. He makes so many stupid fouls - although the technical for complaining about the foul was ridiculous.

Livingston looked good last night and the Warriors really need someone to hit those mid to short range jump shots.

Now the pressure is on GS. They are lucky they pulled out game 3.

The Warriors are a great team but I don't agree with the claim of 4 allstars on the team. Durant and Curry make it easier for the other players to get open and score.

The talk of the game being rigged is just ridiculous.

Jeff

velotrack
06-10-2017, 04:04 PM
The officiating was atrocious but the Cavs played the better game. They deserved the win.

Climb01742
06-10-2017, 04:35 PM
The refs had a horrendous game but the Cavs would have won anyway. They had their best game shooting and the Warriors had their worst game shooting. Question for me is: which is most likely to be repeated? Playing in Oakland will help GS. Warriors' bench has been better throughout, I bet it happens again Monday. Bench players tend to play worse on the road, bad news for Cavs. After what happened last year, my bet is GS will bring the energy Monday to close it out in Game 5, as they would not want to go back to Cleveland.

My biggest variable is: Cavs sold out in Game 4 to double Steph and take him out of his game. Can Kerr find a way to adjust to this adjustment? I think Kerr and Mike Brown are better coaches than Ty Lue. They'll kind an answer. KD will drain 3's and Warriors bench will run Cavs to exhaustion again.

enr1co
06-10-2017, 04:48 PM
So it's just a transfer from muni/Bart and boom. You're there.

OT but there is no such thing as "Bart and boom you're there". BART has to be one of the most poorly managed and maintained, unreliable, inefficient, transit systems in the world.

jtakeda
06-10-2017, 05:20 PM
OT but there is no such thing as "Bart and boom you're there". BART has to be one of the most poorly managed and maintained, unreliable, inefficient, transit systems in the world.

Haha. This is too true.

For the sake of total transparency I live in Oakland and work in sf and probably take Bart 3 times a month. I don't love bart.

I do take Bart to oracle and it's fantastic for that.

pdmtong
06-10-2017, 05:50 PM
I do take Bart to oracle and it's fantastic for that.

880 or 17 as it was once called is a vehicular nightmare. BART is the only way I go to the coliseum for concerts, Warriors, A's and Raiders.

This series could easily be 2-2 at this point and heading toward a game 7.
GSW needs to close it out Monday so years from now Game 4 will be like a blip in the overall discussion.

cadence90
06-10-2017, 05:55 PM
.... ..

pdmtong
06-10-2017, 06:29 PM
^
Are you going to Game 5?

No....not going to Game 5...

I used some of my off-balance-sheet-Boras-in-the-future-money for Game #1. Then, unbelievably, I was able to get tickets for family to see Hamilton two days later so there went more off-balance-sheet-Boras-in-the-future-money.

So, I'm out of luxury funds until people buy more of my FS stuff. It killed me to turn down the Game #5 tickets an hour ago but I will live.

I went to Game #5 last year and what should have been the crowning moment in bay area sports history (win championship at home) turned out to be the beginning of a nightmare rivaling the Raiders getting blasted by Tampa Bay. I dare say if they dont close it Monday, welcome to Game 7.

I'm going to open with some Pliny and chips, then BBQ a fillet and hopefully see them wrap it up.

cadence90
06-12-2017, 08:08 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Pliny, chips, BBQ filet...followed by champagne tonight?

I really hope so.

God I hope so. I can't handle anymore late night! This needs to be over.

GO DUBS!!!!

cadence90
06-12-2017, 08:44 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-12-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm in PDT, so late night is not an issue.

Fatigue is.

I'm ready for this to be over, because I'm really at my limit on at least 5 things:
LBJ..................................:rolleyes:
Ty Lue.................................:rolleyes:
Anything else CLE-related*..:rolleyes:
Mark Jackson........................:rolleyes:
LBJ..................................:rolleyes:

*I actually like Kyrie's game and demeanor.

I'm so tired of all of it. And the whole 3-1 loss BS from last year and everyone here saying "this is right where we want to be". SOOOOOOO tired of it.

I gotta say, UGH!!!!! *** is wrong with them tonight???? Seriously. This is getting old. And they're missing easy stuff just like rebounds and actually holding onto the ball. And all the 3's they are missing. UGH!!!!

sales guy
06-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Ok. This is the Dubs I love to watch!

They are on a 19-2 run!!! Holy ball sack!

sales guy
06-12-2017, 09:13 PM
If Smith and Thompson don't get hit with a Technical, that's some massive BS! They jumped in and pushed too.

cadence90
06-12-2017, 09:19 PM
.... ..

ColonelJLloyd
06-12-2017, 09:23 PM
To paraphrase beatnik, NBA basketball is so weird.

sales guy
06-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Please. End. This. Tonight. Please.

Gawd, CLE are such tiresome whiners. Where is the leadership?

Not just horrible whiners but horrible in general. Did you see the CLE fan pushing and punching Draymond's mom?!?!? CLE keeps it classy!

cadence90
06-12-2017, 09:32 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-12-2017, 09:36 PM
To paraphrase you paraphrasing beeatnik, "People who paraphrase me, AND misspell my name, are just so weird."

That paraphrased, I'm not so sure that the NBA is really the beeatnik's thing.

:D:D:D

Yes, that too.

These LBJ>Lakers rumors scare me. I would have to switch my life-long allegiance.

Can you imagine LBJ, D'Angelo Russell, Mozgov, SwaggyP, and Lonzo Ball on the same team? :eek:
No, thank you.

I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped to the Lakers. They are also saying the Clippers possibly. Lakers would mean more to him to beat Kobe's records. That's what he's about honestly. Money and being 'the king'.

Supposedly Carmelo and a couple other MVPs are in the works too.

It would be interesting to watch all that firepower. But at the same time, too many egos on the team might do them in.

cadence90
06-12-2017, 09:50 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-12-2017, 09:58 PM
The Western Conference would be incredibly tough for the Warriors if he did leave CLE. Supposedly, his mom was pissed he moved back. She felt they were too mean to him after his leaving for Miami. She told him not too. He's said tho, he wanted to bring one title to CLE. Not a bunch, one. So he's made noise that way. And he's up this summer. So never know.

I will say the W's need to get rid of Zaza. He keeps screwing the pooch with the fouls and holding. They need someone else there. Javale is great but not ready and i heard he has asthma and one reason he doesn't play much. I like Magee. tho. Not a fan of Zaza.

But the boys need to work on things this summer. They are fighting the flakes hard and they need to be more consistent.

Also, did anyone hear about Tim Doughey and him saying the NBA wants it to go to at least Game 6 for rating and money? He says the NAB made a bad deal for tv rights and it's costing them a ton so they need it last. After the other night-Game 4, I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing surprises me anymore.

cadence90
06-12-2017, 10:02 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Agree on the W's. They are so great, but still need some real tightening up. If Kawhi didn't go down....

Does Donaghy have any credibility at all, though?

McCaw plays as if the Spurs had signed him. Solid, solid rookie.

I think the W's need someone or possibly two other people. To fill some gaps they have. McCaw fights and that awesome, he's just so young and not schooled enough yet. He needs some more time.

Yeah, if Kawhi hadn't gone down, it couldve been a totally different finals. Same with Thomas. Never know tho. But next year could be wildly different if LBJ jumps ship which he'll probably do. He isn't doing as much here as he's said he'd do. He planned on opening some pizza places and a new fruit bar place for his wife but they haven't. And a few other things. I think he's keeping the option out there.

The Tim thing, I would he does since he was a ref and was gambling on his games. I wouldn't be surprised.

cadence90
06-12-2017, 10:34 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-12-2017, 10:39 PM
I just looked. It's summer 2018. SO he has one more year with CLE IF it lasts. Never know. They could push him out since he didn't bring it home this year and he's still pissy with Dan Gilbert.

Who knows. All that matters is the Dubs are up!

cadence90
06-12-2017, 10:44 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Dubs win!
Dubs win!
Dubs win!!!!!!!

gasman
06-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Dubs win!
Dubs win!
Dubs win!!!!!!!

:beer::beer::beer:

toytech
06-12-2017, 11:01 PM
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana:

cadence90
06-12-2017, 11:04 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-12-2017, 11:12 PM
I agree it's great for the fans to see it.
But being 16-0 would've been epic! It would've sealed the whole LBJ isn't the king.
Whatever the case it's over and the Dubs Win! And now I can go to sleep earlier till the 2018 season starts. Lol!
Sadly they don't play enough of their games on tv for me. I need to see about streaming them.
My wife and her family will be pissed. Oh well. Time to buy some new Dubs gear!

FlashUNC
06-12-2017, 11:35 PM
I agree it's great for the fans to see it.
But being 16-0 would've been epic! It would've sealed the whole LBJ isn't the king.
Whatever the case it's over and the Dubs Win! And now I can go to sleep earlier till the 2018 season starts. Lol!
Sadly they don't play enough of their games on tv for me. I need to see about streaming them.
My wife and her family will be pissed. Oh well. Time to buy some new Dubs gear!

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass

cadence90
06-12-2017, 11:39 PM
.... ..

Louis
06-13-2017, 12:24 AM
A new (old) friendlier, less aloof, more relaxed KD is emerging again. It's nice to see.

That's much, much easier to do when you're winning.

cadence90
06-13-2017, 12:28 AM
.... ..

sales guy
06-13-2017, 06:25 AM
Deservedly so, as well as being happy and confident in one's life choices.

Draymond is hilarious. I love that guy, and Iggy.

I agree. I think part of the reason they lost last year is Green getting booted. He really is the soul of the team. He's fun to watch, funny to see his interviews. Him talking about his mom and the CLE fan fight. Iggy was just dancing away on stage.

Good group of guys. They love what they do. And yep, they kept it classy unlike the Cavs during their parade and kept their shirts on.

Jaybee
06-13-2017, 08:45 AM
And we get to wait another 11.5 months for meaningful basketball again. The dubs are impressive, but the inevitability of it all kills the dramatic tension for anyone not a GSW homer.

Bob Ross
06-13-2017, 08:48 AM
Supposedly Carmelo and a couple other MVPs are in the works too.

It would be interesting to watch all that firepower. But at the same time, too many egos on the team might do them in.

Didn't the Lakers already try that inane experiment? '03-04 team had Kobe, Shaq, Gary Payton, Karl Malone...plus Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Horace Grant...

Watching that team play was like watching frat boys argue over who the most alpha bro was while chugging yards of Miller Lite.

eddief
06-13-2017, 11:05 AM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/warriors-unanimously-decline-white-house-visit-per-reports/i7uecqAhFfD8e2pj8KAqKK/

sales guy
06-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Didn't the Lakers already try that inane experiment? '03-04 team had Kobe, Shaq, Gary Payton, Karl Malone...plus Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Horace Grant...

Watching that team play was like watching frat boys argue over who the most alpha bro was while chugging yards of Miller Lite.

This is why I like the Warriors. They aren't about one person. It's a whole team mentality. And it seems to start at the top with Steve Kerr. I like the way they act and play. I do think they get a bit hot. But that's a Playoffs issue mainly. Which isn't a surprise.

Oh, and LBJ doesn't like beer. He drinks wine.

marsh
06-13-2017, 12:14 PM
2012 draft:
Pick 29 Bulls: Marcus Teague
Pick 35 Warriors: Draymond Green

Most of the Warriors bench would start for Chicago. So tough for me to watch,
having grown up during the Bulls heyday. The Warriors are the perfect team for the new rules NBA where you can't touch anybody, I'd like to see them play a good team with 80s-90s refereeing.

edit: ya, so classy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOVVy2j3_4w
What was up with Curry in the last 2 minutes? The game is in hand, he could just dribble it out instead of mixtape dribbling and jacking 3's and skypointing.

cadence90
06-13-2017, 03:06 PM
.... ..

FlashUNC
06-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Class is a serial groin kicker?

cadence90
06-13-2017, 07:23 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-13-2017, 07:24 PM
2012 draft:
Pick 29 Bulls: Marcus Teague
Pick 35 Warriors: Draymond Green

Most of the Warriors bench would start for Chicago. So tough for me to watch,
having grown up during the Bulls heyday. The Warriors are the perfect team for the new rules NBA where you can't touch anybody, I'd like to see them play a good team with 80s-90s refereeing.

edit: ya, so classy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOVVy2j3_4w
What was up with Curry in the last 2 minutes? The game is in hand, he could just dribble it out instead of mixtape dribbling and jacking 3's and skypointing.

I agree it isn't classy but given he was drunk, it is what it is. The CLE parade was every guy-except the white ones had their shirts off, spraying beer at people and looking like fools.

If you want to see the change in Dray, look at last night and his State of the Union that he DIDN'T do.

sales guy
06-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Class is a serial groin kicker?

He isn't doing it on purpose. If he is, so was LBJ who did it in game 3 and game 4. Oh, and he didn't get called for it. If you're jumping up in the air it's kind of hard to control every part of your body. More than Green has done it. He just gets the fouls for it. It was the only way for CLE to win last year. To get rid of him.

Jaybee
06-14-2017, 08:52 AM
He isn't doing it on purpose. If he is, so was LBJ who did it in game 3 and game 4. Oh, and he didn't get called for it. If you're jumping up in the air it's kind of hard to control every part of your body. More than Green has done it. He just gets the fouls for it. It was the only way for CLE to win last year. To get rid of him.

Someone should ask Steven Adams about this.

Spdntrxi
06-14-2017, 08:13 PM
The league allows it now.. but not before under Stern. He blocked CP3 going to the lakers remember? Being from socal ( but not a laker fan) my friends were always crying about cp3

cadence90
06-22-2017, 07:15 PM
.... ..

Matthew
06-22-2017, 08:50 PM
The Ball show is another reason to hate the NBA. The dad is a despicable human being. I hope somebody pummels that big mouth prick.

sales guy
06-22-2017, 09:35 PM
It's going to be a crazy night for true college ex-freshmen.
The first round may result in 18 draftees.

The Ball-show show has started in LA. :rolleyes:
I hope Magic slams that door soon.

I hope he lets him in. Cause it'd be funny for LBJ to join up and things to go downhill cause Ball thinks he's the man and not LBJ. His dad is a trip and a half! All the BS claims he has made are wild.

FlashUNC
06-22-2017, 10:55 PM
The Ball show is another reason to hate the NBA. The dad is a despicable human being. I hope somebody pummels that big mouth prick.

Unfortunately his son is going to bear the brunt of it.

Gonna be a long rookie year for Lonzo.

cadence90
06-22-2017, 11:28 PM
.... ..

Lavar bothers me no end, but what bothers me even more is all the interviews ESPN, etc. do with the guy, just perpetuating the absurdity.

sales guy
06-26-2017, 09:40 PM
Ok. the NBA Awards are stupid. Thought they'd be good, but Drake and Will Farrell is just lame. Add into it being a huge advert for the Will Farrell movie, UGH!!!
And Andre Iguodala should've gotten the Sixth Man Award. But clearly they don't want to give anymore props to the Dubs. If Draymond doesn't win, I call massive BS.

But Klay did get the Performance Award. 60 points in 29 minutes on 11 dribbles total!!! He deserved it.

sales guy
06-26-2017, 09:42 PM
KD just got one too. Ok. That's good. For his Game 3 trey sinker.

Would've been awesome to have the Dubs get all of the ones they were up for.

velotrack
06-26-2017, 10:56 PM
6moy is basically who gets most points off the bench. it's cool that iggy didn't get it.

congrats to dray for dpoy. he deserves it.

kawhi leonard is one of my favorite players, hands down. he will win MVP soon.

manu block on harden should have been best playoff moment. saying this as a dubs fan too (and that kd 3 wasn't bad, not by a longshot).

----

lonzo ball will be good.
i'm not against his dad either... i think he knows how to play the whole media system.

cadence90
06-26-2017, 10:58 PM
.... ..

sales guy
06-26-2017, 11:16 PM
Yeah. There's players there. Not a ton but Dray, Westbrook, Magee and a bunch of others I saw.

FlashUNC
06-26-2017, 11:50 PM
Eric Gordon was a machine off the bench for Houston this year. Absolutely deserves it. One of the three or four most dangerous three-point shooters in the league, and he comes off the bench.

You'll have a hard time handing the Sixth Man award to a guy averaging 8 points a game, no matter how many win shares he has. At some point, it's about the counting stats, and there's a lot to be said for "best scorer in the league off the bench."

There's a reason Jamal Crawford won like 5 of the things. And he couldn't guard a lamp post.

sales guy
06-27-2017, 07:17 AM
Dray and Steph getting Assist of the Year, that play, that's the whole reason I watch basketball. They make it fun to watch. The move that they do and it looks like it's been planned and practiced. And they're having fun doing it. And you know it's totally random and just dumb luck. But damn it looks good!

sales guy
07-25-2017, 07:36 PM
I know the new season is a couple months away. But the silly season is just WAAAAY out of control with Kyrie and everything. So to make everyone happy, here's a great recap of some awesome Dubs moments from the 2016/2017 season.

https://www.facebook.com/warriors/videos/10155420694143463/

I love watching these guys play.

cadence90
07-25-2017, 07:58 PM
.... ..

sales guy
07-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Good stuff.

I will accept just about anything from the NBA for the rest of my life, as long as LBJ never, ever, ever becomes a Laker.

HA! Enjoy all your neighbors walking around in Purple and Yellow in 2018/2019!!! Cause it's gonna happen. I would be surprised if it didn't. Especially given all the BS happening right now here in CLE. People are freaked and many pissed. Some are saying push LBJ out and keep KI. That way when LBJ leaves in 2018, they have KI at least to keep something going.

The Derrick Rose thing was a big surprise. Not sure why other than he's wanting playing time with LBJ so he can jump to LA with him. Maybe to see if he can mesh with LBJ.

All I know is the Warriors have their base back and a couple new guys. I hope Mcgee can figure things out. Cause he's good and brings it when he's on the clock.

cadence90
07-25-2017, 09:00 PM
.... ..

sales guy
07-25-2017, 09:08 PM
it's funny, everyone in CLE hated LBJ...TILL he came back home. It's funny how having someone like him on your team makes everyone love him

Never LBJ for me.

I think Rose took the deal to see if he could gel with LBJ. That's what makes sense to me anyways. Especially given the dollars he took.

FlashUNC
07-26-2017, 12:19 AM
He took what he took because he couldn't find a better offer anywhere else.

He's done and just ring chasing at this point. Not like the league is sparse with point guards these days, and the teams that need them got their options filled by guys who produce more with less of an injury history.

Can't trade LeBron, so they better hope a Kyrie deal falls from the sky.

Climb01742
07-26-2017, 06:35 AM
The Warriors and Cavs are playing out another interesting drama: can enormous talents and egos co-exist? It's early days, but the Warriors seem to be winning there too. GSW's team first ethos works if you find the right guys and so far, everyone is buying in. As a fan, I hope it continues. It makes for beautiful hoops.

MikeD
07-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Without Kyrie, they basically have no chance against the Warriors. They may not even make it through the playoffs. They weren't even the number one seed in their division last year. Warriors and Celtics in the finals next year.