PDA

View Full Version : Rapha fit? XL

pakora
05-31-2017, 01:08 AM
Do Rapha stretch just a bit with a little bit of wear? I expect with typical kit, even high quality stuff stretches a bit after you wear it a few times (Castelli and top line Sugoi and PI anyway). True with Rapha?

I just tried on Rapha for the first time, and I went XL based on the sizing chart (215#, 6'5", 36" waist, 42" chest), but I found the bibs to fit just right and the jersey to be loose.

Large seems like it will be very short in the length for the jersey if I size down, but maybe just right for the bibs.

Thanks!

rwsaunders
05-31-2017, 06:51 AM
It depends on the line. An XL in their Classic jersey fits a little larger overall than an XL in their Pro Team jersey. The same with Classic bibs vs Pro Team bibs. Similar to a dress shirt being full cut vs trim cut. The neck and the sleeve might be the same dimensions but the shirts fit much differently.

Reach out to their customer service folks or call the new store in Seattle. They're pretty quick with fit advice. I'm not sure that the bibs stretch much over time but the wool blend jerseys seem to stay pretty true when washed properly. I can't account for the 100% poly models.

cmbicycles
05-31-2017, 08:00 AM
I have a pair of XL classic bibs, I'm 6'5 195# with similar measurements, they fit really well at first. After a year they are a bit looser... but I've been running/riding more so thats probably due to me loosing some girth rather than the bibs stretching. I thought about trying a large bib, but I think the length might be a little too short. Interested to hear other's thoughts as well.

shoota
05-31-2017, 09:26 AM
I have PI and Rapha stuff as well. Rapha Pro, Core, and Classic. I agree with the others, they fit a little big (but not long), Classic will loosen up with time, Pro and Core will not. My advice is to spend the little extra for Pro or Core.

sandyrs
05-31-2017, 09:35 AM
I'm a bit narrower (6'5", 190lbs, 40" chest, 34" waist) and have long legs relative to my torso. I find the Pro Team jersey in L to fit perfectly and the Classic jersey in L to be too loose. For bibs, L in the classic thermals and XL in Pro Team. That's all I've got, hope it's helpful.

sandyrs
05-31-2017, 09:35 AM
I have PI and Rapha stuff as well. Rapha Pro, Core, and Classic. I agree with the others, they fit a little big (but not long), Classic will loosen up with time, Pro and Core will not. My advice is to spend the little extra for Pro or Core.

Core is the least expensive line.