PDA

View Full Version : OT: Notepad laptops?

orbea65
08-23-2006, 03:08 PM
I've been looking on Dell's website...
Can you still buy the laptops that have the screen you can write on and twist the screen around? Are they already out of style?? I can't seem to find any.
Thanks!

ada@prorider.or
08-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Can you still buy the laptops that have the screen you can write on and twist the screen around? Are they already out of style?? I can't seem to find any.
Thanks!
look at the new lenova (ibm)
http://www5.pc.ibm.com/europe/products.nsf/Products?openagent&brand=Thinkpad&series=ThinkPad+X+Series+Tablet
great laptop for this!!!

Ray
08-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks!
When I was shopping for these, it looked like HP and Lenovo were the best of the lot. Gateway had one with a larger screen (14" as opposed to 12" I think), but I needed something tough and HP and Lenovo were the best according to a couple of geeks I talk to about such stuff. I'm typing this on the HP version, which has worked out very well. I generally use it hooked up to a docking station, occasionally use it in laptop mode, and use it in meetings in tablet mode with a projector where I can sketch various lines on maps in response to what's being said in the meeting. It does exactly what I wanted it to do.

-Ray

Bud
08-23-2006, 03:49 PM
I have last year's Gateway tablet/notebook convertible. It works very well for me and I have no complaints. It is definitely not out of style around here (academia) and still gets comments like "that looks useful- I need one."

Whichever one you get, obtain a copy of Microsoft OneNote software.

Serotta PETE
08-23-2006, 07:35 PM
THe new Lenovo (lenovo.com) is currently the best of the bunch, by all reports. This is the old IBM PC company BUT the same engineers and support are in place.

PETE

As a friend of the family I can usually get a disount (5-7% depending). Send me a private email and I will check on it (my wife works for them)

PETE