PDA

View Full Version : Confusion.................................

Serotta PETE
08-23-2006, 08:41 AM
I am very very confused with what to do. It seems that SPOKES has found a bike for me, so that I now will have two. It seems that it is Carbon and needs a group.

One thought is wait for the 07 campy, other thought is to use Dura Ace (althought the crank, while being excellent, does nothing for me "looks wise".

Lastly how about a mixed DBRK group. WHat should it include ???

THanks....hopefully Spokes has his check book out for this for I am broke after the last wine order.......

PETE

Jason E
08-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Good things are worth waitng for. The new Campy will be out soon enough. I say that is the way to go.

Congrat's on the new bike, can't wait to see pics!

Smiley
08-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Wait for the 2007 Record stuff Pete . Why you need another bike I dunno since every event you show up at ... its always with the Legend with the Ti quill stem. I think you should bring the other bikes out a bit more buddy :)

Serotta PETE
08-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Wait for the 2007 Record stuff Pete . Why you need another bike I dunno since every event you show up at ... its always with the Legend with the Ti quill stem. I think you should bring the other bikes out a bit more buddy :)

I only have one bike...........wish I had more. :) :) THe ole Legend is just an ole friend. Thanks to Spokes, it always rides like new....

Tell Steve to bring you one of those HSG go fast bikes.

Hope to see you soon. PETE

Bill Bove
08-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Pete, I am waiting for the '07 Record stuff for my bike, due in November. Hopefully sooner, but have you looked at the SRAM Force stuff yet? I just got back from TREK's dealerpalooza and rode a Madone SL with it for an hour and it is really nice. I'm an Italaphile bike snob so I'm hanging on waiting for Campy but the rest of the world can and will love the SRAM force and Rival groups. Lighter and lower priced than Shimano's DA and Ultegra.

justinf
08-23-2006, 09:38 AM
The new Campy Centaur was looking NICE on Brian's proto-Meivici this weekend too. Did you get a look Pete?

scooter01
08-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Pete your right about Spoke, he has done a fantastic job on my bike for the ride across NC.

I have seen your one bike collection, I think that the Campy group is the only way to go for you.
In fact I was surprised that you would think of anything else.

Wait, now that I think about it..... why not get the Durace with a triple crank, then when you switch to the campy I could get the Durace set from you for my next ride???

:banana:

Ray
08-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Pete,

You probably don't need 'em, but you expressed an interest in the pie-plate cogs I was running at the TdFL. For that you're gonna need to go all the way back to Shimano 9-speed mixed with mtb rear derailure and cassette. It gives you low gears with a standard double, very low gears with a compact double, and CRAZY low gears with a triple.

I don't know if Spoke would lower himself to work on such, but its an option that can help with those big hills on lazy days.

-Ray

SPOKE
08-23-2006, 02:30 PM
for sure. it will either have Campy or Shimano on it!!!!
yes, if i have my way it would be Campy.
Sram may be a choice down the road, but i won't be recomending it to anyone until i have a chance to live with it for several months. i'm sure i'll have a Sram group soon to test. :beer:

Bill Bove
08-23-2006, 03:02 PM
I put a guy on it a couple of months ago, races cat 2. He's put it through it's paces with no problems. He does think it works better with a Dura Ace cassette but I'm waiting for the 07 Record.
Remember, God made Shimano to keep the dorks off Campy :p

david
08-23-2006, 03:15 PM
pete,
i used to be fairly religious about not mixing gruppos, but i've recently seen the light.
i'm up at whiteface right now with a complete parts bin mutt. ciii, dura ace brakes, ultegra 9-speed shifters, campy record compact front der, shimano xtr rear der, campy centaur compact crank, easton front wheel, powertap rear with mavic rim, record seatpost. of course, this is rigged this way for this climb, but i kinda like the funkiness. while i prefer campy, i would definitely consider having dura ace calipers on a record-equipped bike. makes me seem like i know what i'm doing even though i don't.
go wild.

Serotta PETE
08-23-2006, 07:39 PM
for sure. it will either have Campy or Shimano on it!!!!
yes, if i have my way it would be Campy.
Sram may be a choice down the road, but i won't be recomending it to anyone until i have a chance to live with it for several months. i'm sure i'll have a Sram group soon to test. :beer:

Thanks to everyone for your input. From the above, I guess the "boss" has spoken. Will probably wait for campy, unless the date moves into 07.

PETE

Ray, has the right idea and maybe SPOKES would furnish the Sunday Times, for reading.

Lifelover
08-23-2006, 08:28 PM
The new Campy Centaur was looking NICE on Brian's proto-Meivici this weekend too. Did you get a look Pete?

I'm not all that familiar with the campy stuff but his brake calibers were sweeeeet!

William
08-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Pete,
Patience is a virtue. With that in mind, sit down with a nice bottle of red and ponder the decision for a while. Then, open another bottle and ponder it some more.:beer:

William ;)

Serotta PETE
08-24-2006, 06:21 AM
Pete,
Patience is a virtue. With that in mind, sit down with a nice bottle of red and ponder the decision for a while. Then, open another bottle and ponder it some more.:beer:

William ;)

Yes William, you are a scholar and a gentleman - - now bring on the next bottle. :banana: