PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Vittoria Terreno gravel tires?

kevinvc
05-23-2017, 11:13 AM
Biketiresdirect.com has a good deal on them and I've been curious about them for a while. I can't find many reviews, but they seem to be just the type of tire I'm looking for. I want a clincher around 33mm for a combination of pavement, dirt and gravel.

By the way, this new site sponsor is great. I've been buying from them for years and have had nothing but positive experiences with their products and customer service.

Mzilliox
04-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Just buming this to see if there is any more feedback on these tires...

kevinvc
04-03-2018, 10:55 AM
I still haven't seen a set of these in the wild and my regular bike shop doesn't carry them. I haven't heard any direct feedback but am still curious.

sandyrs
04-03-2018, 11:04 AM
I raced some early season CX on Terreno Dry's last year and really liked them. I've now put them back on for summer gravel / mixed surface stuff and had forgotten how much smoother / faster they feel on pavement than a knobbier tire, even one with a smooth center line like WTB Nanos. Durability has been good; I haven't flatted at all on them. I'd definitely give them a shot at sale pricing.

I took them off after a race where it started raining halfway through. I was in third for most of the race but got passed when my rear tire slid out on a greasy, muddy climb. Of course, that was totally on me for running a file tread and not checking the forecast. I was still stoked on how much better the tire was in mud than I expected it to be.

https://photos.smugmug.com/2017/BCA-Cyclocross-2017/i-n87TLqg/0/9ed0f950/XL/IMG_0423-XL.jpg

Andy sti
04-03-2018, 11:50 PM
I have a set that I like very much. I bought the Terreno Dry in the 40mm size and they've been great. Set up tubless easily and roll really well on gravel. Not too bad on the road either. Wet and slippery is where they are not good but they are not designed for that. I have the G-one allroad tire in 38mm and they are pretty similar.