PDA

View Full Version : OT: Chemistry Help for my Daughter

Keith A
08-22-2006, 09:11 PM
My daughter has been given an assignment in her high school chemistry class to communicate with someone who uses chemistry in his or her job -- this could be anything from an engineer, photographer, manufacturing, etc. We haven't had much luck in finding someone local and her assignment due date is quickly approaching, so I'm reaching out to my fellow Serotta fans.

The question for this assignment is to find out an example of a problem or situation that this person encountered (current or past) in their job that they used chemistry to solve. Then explain how chemistry was used to solve this problem. This only needs to be a paragraph or so.

If someone could help us out we would really appreciate it. You can email me at dkarbuckle@yahoo.com. Thanks!

kong79
08-23-2006, 04:11 AM
I sent you something. I hope it's what your daughter needs and isn't too long.

shinomaster
08-23-2006, 04:17 AM
MY girlfriend may be able to help..she is a neuroscientist.

CarbonCycles
08-23-2006, 08:15 AM
If you still need responses, let me know and I can help out.

Smiley
08-23-2006, 08:29 AM
KeithA , can also help out if your still in a jam , you got my e-mail . mechanical engineer here to help out :)

Keith A
08-23-2006, 08:35 AM
You guys are just awesome!!! I posted this late last night and by the time I get to work, I have at least a 1/2 dozen people willing to help...amazing.

Thank you all so much for your willingness to help! I'll get back with each of you individually after I discuss the different areas that might interest her.

Dekonick
08-23-2006, 11:04 AM
You guys are just awesome!!! I posted this late last night and by the time I get to work, I have at least a 1/2 dozen people willing to help...amazing.

Thank you all so much for your willingness to help! I'll get back with each of you individually after I discuss the different areas that might interest her.

I hear Tyler Hamilton might be able to help out... :rolleyes:

rePhil
08-23-2006, 06:16 PM
My son is a chemist for FPL in WPB. Let me know if you still need help

Doc Hollywood
08-23-2006, 06:34 PM
PhD Chemist/Materials Engineer.

I have pretty good one that is easy to explain and as a patent and product associated with it.

Doc