PDA

View Full Version : chicks dig scars...

thwart
05-20-2017, 07:21 PM
OK, but not on themselves...

Anyway, this was in my Pinterest email today and got my attention... turns out this is Shoshauna Routley, a woman's pro. I have a similar deep road rash scar on the opposite cheek.

Thankfully it appears she had a nice recovery from this crash.

Matthew
05-20-2017, 08:38 PM
Ouch!! Glad to hear she has recovered.

vqdriver
05-20-2017, 09:05 PM
Yikes. I don't care how superficial it is, those always look super painful

On a related note, that medic needs to stay on target

coffeecake
05-20-2017, 10:21 PM
On a related note, that medic needs to stay on target

LOL. That's Jono Coulter who was the team director for Happy Tooth Pro Cycling at that race.

Vientomas
05-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Dude's mid blink :)

Tony
05-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Pretty, scar or no scar.

nooneline
05-21-2017, 05:32 PM
I got a similar raspberry on my cheekbone a week before my wedding... and all no skin on my knuckles either. Face and hands, the two parts of the body not covered by a suit, on probably the most photographed day of my life.

Oops.

tv_vt
05-21-2017, 09:33 PM
Married to pro cyclist Will Routley.

Here's a pic of her (in article) post crash. Healing nicely.
http://www.cykelnmagazine.com/a-canadian-girl-who-ride-fast-shoshauna-routley-give-us-her-point-of-view-about-pro-cycling/

pjbaz
05-22-2017, 01:04 PM
damn, yo!

benb
05-22-2017, 01:09 PM
Maybe she had plastic surgery..

I have a super nasty scar on my knee.. for my knee, I toughed it out. My mother of all people bugged me for years to go see if a plastic surgeon could/would fix it.

If it was on my face, I sure as hell would have gone, no shame in getting it fixed.

That said.. my knee injury was really severe. Basically all my road rash after that I learned how to tend to the wounds carefully and they didn't scar.

(My knee thing was like 30 stitches, not your typical road rash.)

thwart
05-22-2017, 01:29 PM
Maybe she had plastic surgery..

I have a super nasty scar on my knee.. for my knee, I toughed it out. My mother of all people bugged me for years to go see if a plastic surgeon could/would fix it.

If it was on my face, I sure as hell would have gone, no shame in getting it fixed.

It appears Ms. Routley healed up nicely (in medical lingo, 'she had a good cosmetic result') without further intervention.

I had a deeper, full thickness abrasion (road rash) on my left cheek in my '15 crash... in other words, no skin remaining. It gradually healed in, but to lessen scarring, I had 3 laser treatments several weeks apart. They did seem to help.

beeatnik
05-22-2017, 02:40 PM
Chicks are legit.

bitt3n
05-22-2017, 03:12 PM

There was a study recently suggesting that facial scars on men made them more attractive to women, whereas facial scars on women had no effect on their attractiveness to men.

pncguy
05-22-2017, 03:16 PM
...whereas facial scars on women had no affect on their attractiveness to men.

That's exactly the result I would have expected...