PDA

View Full Version : FL Ramble--Still More Pix

sc53
08-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Here are some of the photos I took at the Ramble. Great people, great time. Thanks again to Douglas, Aimee, Rocco and Mira.
Josh on his new Vanilla with beautiful matching fenders.

weisan
08-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Yes, Sarah? :p

Smiley
08-22-2006, 06:00 PM
did anybody expose the Jerk via a photo ?

sc53
08-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Can't figure out how to add captions--duh! So here are the captions going from the top:
1. Josh (TooTall) on his new Vanilla with matching red fenders.
2. The transport vehicle ("Betty") for the Vanilla and TooTall. Was Betty also painted by JBell? She sure looked pretty.
3. Herse/Singer wall (only a partial view!)
4. Mariposa wall (again, only a partial)
5. Pegoretti section--the taupe/brown with pink effects was stunning!
6. Rocco and Mira
7. Douglas with his newly delivered Mariposa featuring the Paris Roubaix rear derailleur.
8-11. Details of the Mariposa--painted pump, incredible chrome lugwork, Paris Roubaix changer.
12. Mariposa builder Mike Barry of Toronto demonstrating how to ride and operate the Paris Roubaix derailleur--on gravel the size of rip rap. Tom Byrnes to the right.
13. Mike explaining some of the features of the new bike to Douglas, Ray Sachs (on far left) and Tom Byrnes (on far right).
14. Keith A chatting with Eric (CNY Rider)
15. Janice (friend of Ray Schmidt) holdin up Aimee Brooks's "Hello Kitty" Kirk.
16. Ray Schmidt with his Legend Ti (forum handle is "Ahneida Ride"--thanks Ray!)
17. Mi (The Doctor), BBDave, and Seth (Flydehest) getting ready to roll. Solo of BBDave in his Zebra Suit right below.
18. Seth and H. Frank Brashear.
19. Bruce K (on right) and the guy from Jersey who came with Grant from Brooklyn.
20. Eric (CNY Rider), Hypnos (real name Jeff), and H.Frank Brashear in background.
21. Grant from Brooklyn (he brought the nice guy from Jersey talking to Bruce K in the pic above).
22. H.Frank with yet another of Douglas's Mariposas.
23. Builder Mike Barry on his Mariposa tandem--waiting for wife Claire to join him. They flew by all of us in the rain, their speed matched only by Fly and The Doc on their CoMotion tandem. Like two locomotives coming up behind you and leaving you in the dust (well, rain). Notice JohnY from Rochester in the background.
Captions to be continued!

Ray
08-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Nice, Sarah. Thanks!

-Ray

sc53
08-22-2006, 06:10 PM
24. Dave from Brattleboro VT discussing the finer points of another one of Douglas's bikes with builders Steve Hampsten and Curt Goodrich (in pink jersey) and Douglas. Keith A in the background (in blue shorts) and Weisan's face just to the right of Keith A!
25. Countryside on the way to Douglas's house in Bristol from where I was staying in Canandaigua.
26. My bikes preparing to Ramble!
27. More views on the way to the Brooks's pastoral retreat.
28. The Morgan Samuels Inn (built c. 1810) where I stayed.

In answer to Smiley--no pix by me of the Jerk! I didn't even know he was there! No one was acting like a Jerk so he definitely went stealth to this function.

saab2000
08-22-2006, 06:13 PM
I need to go on that ride sometime!!!

Looks like a blast and the riding looks like paradise!!

Smiley
08-22-2006, 06:16 PM
OK , I have a dinner planned with Dave Powers and Steve Fairchild on Thursday here at Nottrott HQ , I want to pitch these guys to get a date set for the Open House 2007 so everybody can plan to attend. I will also pitch a forum memeber group that can assist the factory with planning and logistics. This my fellow clones is too much fun and we need to keep getting together. I will post this on a separate thread hoping that it gets more traction. Smiley

Ray
08-22-2006, 06:19 PM
In answer to Smiley--no pix by me of the Jerk! I didn't even know he was there! No one was acting like a Jerk so he definitely went stealth to this function.
The Jerk doesn't show up on film. And he doesn't look or act like a jerk in person, at least for the very short time I yacked at him. Very disappointing.

Actually, I think Mr. and Mrs. Jerk were only there on Saturday night at the dinner. Unless they stayed and rode on Sunday, but they weren't on any of the rides on Friday or Saturday. Easy to miss unless someone pointed them out to you.

-Ray Sachs

Oh, btw, the other Ray, Ray Schmidt's (he of orange Legend) screen name is Ahneida Ride, if I spelled it right. Spinner is someone else, but I'm not sure who.

Kristopher Gree
08-22-2006, 06:33 PM
It's wonderful beyond words to see these photographs. Not only have I come to think of a lot of these folks as friends, not only because my tastes (if not my collection) mirror those of Douglas, but because I grew up in and sorely miss Bristol, New York. At one time or another, I've probably crashed on every one of the hills you rode up.

I don't care what it takes, I'll have to be there next year. The Fixed Gear Gallery's weekend happens in Michigan the week before...I'm thinking one long-*** road trip.

Kris Green
<kristopher.green@gmail.com>
Olympia WA

CNY rider
08-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Awesome pix Sarah, thanks for sharing.

I can verify I spent time talking to jerk; he appeared not only to NOT be a jerk, he wasn't even particularly obtuse.

And I second Smiley's call about Open House next year. It's just too much fun getting together to not do it again.

Next year in Saratoga!

Johny
08-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Sarah,

Thanks for these wonderful pix.

John

Too Tall
08-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Do I look fat? Kidding. Fond memories.

Grant McLean
08-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Awesome pix Sarah, thanks for sharing.

I can verify I spent time talking to jerk; he appeared not only to NOT be a jerk, he wasn't even particularly obtuse.

And I second Smiley's call about Open House next year. It's just too much fun getting together to not do it again.

Next year in Saratoga!

hey Eric,

GO LEAFS!!!

g

BumbleBeeDave
08-22-2006, 07:46 PM
. . . How much is it worth to ya'? ;)

BBD

Grant McLean
08-22-2006, 07:50 PM
. . . How much is it worth to ya'? ;)

BBD

g

catulle
08-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Amazing, truly amazing. What a great occassion. Thank you so much for the picture of the Dario Legnano bike. Wonderful. Jezzz, you lucky dowgs...

H.Frank Beshear
08-22-2006, 08:49 PM
was by Mariposo, but I think douglas has one that Dario built as well. For the record it rides as beautifully as it looks. thanks for letting me take it for a (wet) spin dbrk, I cleaned it up as best as I was able :>). I cant wait for the next gathering. Frank

Ken Robb
08-22-2006, 08:56 PM
:rolleyes: oh sure Frank, but was it as good as my Rambouillet?

Smiley
08-22-2006, 09:09 PM
LOL funny Grant

Fixed
08-22-2006, 09:25 PM
bro nice pics that older bro can still bend at the waist something most cats can't do
imho
cheers

Korn Julio
08-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Do I look fat? Kidding. Fond memories.

Hey - I saw you on Channel 4 news last night!
You didn't look fat at all, though they did only show you from the shoulders up. :D
And the last line you gave during the interview really sounded OMINOUS :eek:

Too Tall
08-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Hehehe, yes that was me on TV. (thread drift alert) Bored kids are tearing up the normally quiet hoodscape. Tres' bummer. They will be sent to Juvi' for a looong time. 10s of thousands of $$ damage for what? They need a revolution not this. Sigh. It wasn't an ominous statement, I really do fear for them.

Serotta PETE
08-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Spokes saw the pictures of the "jewelry " in the basement and is on his way up............................. Last he talked to me on the phone, all I heard was mumbling and a question of "how fast he was safe going on the NYS Thruway".

:confused: :no: