PDA

View Full Version : Serotta

Bentley
05-17-2017, 06:26 PM
I'm curious, is there anything written that describes all of the Serotta models that describes the intent, market, concept of the various models thru the years?

Maybe there is a thread on this topic but it would make for interesting reading

Best

Ray

dave thompson
05-17-2017, 06:54 PM
I'm curious, is there anything written that describes all of the Serotta models that describes the intent, market, concept of the various models thru the years?

Maybe there is a thread on this topic but it would make for interesting reading

Best

Ray
If you peruse the catalog section here and read them I think you'll get a very good idea what Ben Serotta was trying to accomplish with the physicality and design philosophy of his bicycles.

Bentley
05-17-2017, 07:33 PM
If you peruse the catalog section here and read them I think you'll get a very good idea what Ben Serotta was trying to accomplish with the physicality and design philosophy of his bicycles.

Thanks, read all of that reads more like marketing than a discussion of what was rattling around when the bike was created. Thanks just the same

dave thompson
05-17-2017, 07:44 PM
Thanks, read all of that reads more like marketing than a discussion of what was rattling around when the bike was created. Thanks just the same
In my opinion what is stated in the Serotta brochures goes beyond marketing, I think that Ben truly believed he built some of the best bikes available. He spent a lot of time and a lot money vertically integrating his company so the processes could be controlled from start to finish.

Try to read the brochures with more of an open mind, you'll find that there's a lot of insight in them.

weisan
05-17-2017, 08:48 PM
In my opinion what is stated in the Serotta brochures goes beyond marketing, I think that Ben truly believed he built some of the best bikes available. He spent a lot of time and a lot money vertically integrating his company so the processes could be controlled from start to finish.

Try to read the brochures with more of an open mind, you'll find that there's a lot of insight in them.

true.

rounder
05-17-2017, 09:37 PM
I was not wise enough or competitive enough to be a serotta afficionado. But after two serottas and two Kelly Bedford bikes, I believe that Serotta was onto something special. Regardless of what others may think , I believe Ben accomplished good stuff.

Mr. Pink
05-17-2017, 09:58 PM
I was not wise enough or competitive enough to be a serotta afficionado. But after two serottas and two Kelly Bedford bikes, I believe that Serotta was onto something special. Regardless of what others may think , I believe Ben accomplished good stuff.

Wait. You had two Serottas and two Kellys, and you don't consider yourself an afficionado?