PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) drink mix

Tickdoc
05-17-2017, 09:47 AM
Would love some input here. Had a long fun night in Nashville last week and had a hangover from hell the next day. Visiting different vendor booths, this cute gal from California gave me a packet of emergency-c dietary supplement.

I mixed it in a glass of water, and within about thirty minutes I was feeling about a 1000x better.

I don't drink that much that often, so hangovers of that magnitude are rare for me, but I was surprised at how quickly that helped me feel better.

On the way back to my room I stopped by the little hotel store and bought a pack of this wonder drug, in a slightly different mix.

So for the last week and a half, I've been putting it in one of my bottles.

I'm curious what the more health and nutrition conscious ones here think about this or if any one else here has tried or uses it?

I'm using the immune + in citrus flavor, but they have other mixes that are more sodium and potassium and or magnesium rich. Will try those next.

charliedid
05-17-2017, 09:59 AM
I've used it for years. It has been widely distributed in specialty food stores for years. Kinda like NUUN before NUUN existed.

CDollarsign
05-17-2017, 10:07 AM
I thought that level of vitamin C wasn't great for you / couldn't really be processed by your body. Something about free radicals...

Tickdoc
05-17-2017, 10:09 AM
I thought that level of vitamin C wasn't great for you / couldn't really be processed by your body. Something about free radicals...

I've never been a vitamin supporter. Ever since physiology classes, I was taught you just piss out the majority of it and can tax your kidneys, but I'll be damned if I don't feel much better after trying the stuff for only a week now.

Tickdoc
05-17-2017, 10:10 AM
I've used it for years. It has been widely distributed in specialty food stores for years. Kinda like NUUN before NUUN existed.

And that is what it reminds me of, that same just a little bit sweet refreshing taste of nuun or osmo. No intestinal distress is a plus as well.

AngryScientist
05-17-2017, 10:11 AM
electrolyte replacement drinks, especially endurance athlete stuff made by Gu, hammer, nuun, etc are all excellent hangover help.

i keep this stuff in my desk drawer at work with an industrial sized supply of excedrin for just such treatments.

jruhlen1980
05-17-2017, 10:15 AM

Available at non-specialty stores like Walgreens too.

My sister swears by it. I tried it for a while hoping it would prevent colds but never could tell a difference. I'd guess the various electrolytes probably help with the hangover though.

EPIC! Stratton
05-17-2017, 10:16 AM
electrolyte replacement drinks, especially endurance athlete stuff made by Gu, hammer, nuun, etc are all excellent hangover help.

i keep this stuff in my desk drawer at work with an industrial sized supply of excedrin for just such treatments.

This. This x 1000. Don't forget extra sleep is also a big help.
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.tM2B0db_PXtgyJ12g7wbNQEsDh

commonguy001
05-17-2017, 10:41 AM
My wife swears by this stuff and we have it in the house pretty much year round. If I'm ever feeling a bit off I'll take extras to work and have one in the morning before I have more coffee.

andeww
05-17-2017, 10:44 AM
Anyone have any low sugar recommendations? i picked up a big bag of skratch labs hydration mix after hearing good things and it is nearly undrinkable for me.

regularguy412
05-17-2017, 07:47 PM
Anyone have any low sugar recommendations? i picked up a big bag of skratch labs hydration mix after hearing good things and it is nearly undrinkable for me.

Is it the flavor (lack thereof?)? I use the Skratch Orange but add a small scoop of BPI BCAA's in passion fruit flavor. Gives it just enough flavor without all the sweet. Works well for me.

I found that Skratch straight up is a bit weak in flavor and I do like a bit of flavor on the road.

Mike in AR:beer:

charliedid
05-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Available at non-specialty stores like Walgreens too.

My sister swears by it. I tried it for a while hoping it would prevent colds but never could tell a difference. I'd guess the various electrolytes probably help with the hangover though.

Yep that is true. I opted to forget about all the hangovers we drank it for :-)

charliedid
05-17-2017, 09:07 PM
And that is what it reminds me of, that same just a little bit sweet refreshing taste of nuun or osmo. No intestinal distress is a plus as well.

Yep, I like all that stuff.