PDA

View Full Version : New To Campy and EPs

tranty0719
05-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Thank you to Adam on paceline, I am able to enjoy my first campy and EPS. I have been a shimano and SRAM guy since I first took up cycling about 5 years ago. I recently bought the BMC from Adam with Campy record 11 EPS V1. I am interested in upgrading to either V2 or V3 for the internal battery. Does anyone know if I have to upgrade the interface unit also? Thank you in advance as I am completely new to the Electronic and Campy groupset.

Ty

tuscanyswe
05-15-2017, 02:28 AM
Yes you will need new DTI interface as well.
New charger as well if coming from v1 (think v2 n v3 share the same).

oldpotatoe
05-15-2017, 02:43 AM
Thank you to Adam on paceline, I am able to enjoy my first campy and EPS. I have been a shimano and SRAM guy since I first took up cycling about 5 years ago. I recently bought the BMC from Adam with Campy record 11 EPS V1. I am interested in upgrading to either V2 or V3 for the internal battery. Does anyone know if I have to upgrade the interface unit also? Thank you in advance as I am completely new to the Electronic and Campy groupset.

Ty

Yes, new interface required.

Blown Reek
05-15-2017, 07:57 AM
I would be replacing those Mad Fiber wheels before I'd concern myself with an internal vs. external EPS battery.

ColnagoFan
05-15-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm SO happy that a fellow PL'er got that bike! I can't answer the EPS questions, but I might share the same concern with the wheels... ;)

Vamoots58
05-15-2017, 12:49 PM
both utilize a different control interface. If you're upgrading, I'd go to V3, get the slimmer battery and the more convenient charger interface. Both bikes were V2, one battery went bad after about 3 months and Campy replaced with V3 (V2 were tough to find).

oldpotatoe
05-15-2017, 01:27 PM
both utilize a different control interface. If you're upgrading, I'd go to V3, get the slimmer battery and the more convenient charger interface. Both bikes were V2, one battery went bad after about 3 months and Campy replaced with V3 (V2 were tough to find).

I'd agree. V2 was around only a short time and needed an additional port drilled in the frame. V3 very versatile and customizable. Easy to charge too.

fogrider
05-15-2017, 11:24 PM
Wow, we were just chatting about how rare EPS was, I honestly don't remember seeing one in the wild and we see a ton of high zoot bikes around this town.

R3awak3n
05-16-2017, 06:58 AM
I would be replacing those Mad Fiber wheels before I'd concern myself with an internal vs. external EPS battery.

I know they went out of business but was that because the wheels were know to be crazy?

Blown Reek
05-16-2017, 07:38 AM
I know they went out of business but was that because the wheels were know to be crazy?

No, because they delaminated and were pieces of crap.