PDA

View Full Version : Giro stage 9 domani

oldpotatoe
05-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Jus so we don't get too buried in gadgetry, second(but first 'meaningful') climbing stage on Sunday-tomorrow, followed by a rest day then first ITT. GO Quintana!!!

ultraman6970
05-13-2017, 06:15 PM
IMO who knows what is going to happen tomorrow because you have like 20 riders that look at the same level. Cheering for quintana but who knows man... who knows.

galgal
05-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Yes, Go Quintana! Have to check weather report

Tickdoc
05-14-2017, 06:48 AM
Great breakaway going now, and I am loving being able to minimize the race on the iPad while I peruse other things.

So much nicer than having to set an alarm to watch the thing on tv like back in the old days.

That leading chase train is a thing of bauty.

Tickdoc
05-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Sky-tastrophe.

oldpotatoe
05-14-2017, 09:20 AM
Sky-tastrophe.

6 Moviestar, 2 Bahrain...:D

HOLY S__ITE!!!

Cop motorcycle takes out about a dozen riders!!!

estilley
05-14-2017, 09:47 AM
Quintana is flying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ptourkin
05-14-2017, 10:01 AM
No post up at the finish for Nairo. It was his day but Yates losing 4:37 is wrong. #acab

chengher87
05-14-2017, 10:25 AM
Comcast outage on the blockhaus climb......yay......

Clean39T
05-14-2017, 12:47 PM
I've never been a big fan of Nibbles, but I kind of wish he'd come out on top today. Great showing from the Dutch boys though. And Thibaud.

Looks like a climb that'd be fun to go Sportif on if the opportunity ever came.

I can't help being skeptical of Nairo's "Columbian" training he disappears for...

Drmojo
05-14-2017, 01:07 PM
living most of his life at altitude maybe?😁

fmm
05-14-2017, 02:23 PM
#acab
lol, my thoughts exactly.

bheight1
05-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Quintana needs to limit his losses to Dumoulin on Tuesday, but Dumoulin will hold serve on final TT. My pick, similar to Ryder A few years ago.

ultraman6970
05-14-2017, 07:47 PM
The problem is that this is just the 1st week, a lot more climbing to go and honestly if nothing happens to quintana he has a big chance to arrive to the last day ITT at least with 4 or 6 minutes ahead.

Dumoulin doesnt have a team, same with Mollema and pinot... no support what so ever and how movistar is racing I do not see how somebody will take time back from quintana so limit the loses in the climbing, remember that Quintana after all can TT aswell.

If nothing weird happens he has this race in the bag already.

colbyh
05-15-2017, 10:44 AM
Quintana can TT well enough for a climber, but Pinot and Dumoulin can easily put more than 30 seconds into him over a 40km TT (esp a rolling one). I'd bet on one of them being in pink after tomorrow's stage.

That being said, Quintana looked brutally strong yesterday and between his team being full strength, Sky being decimated, Nibali bringing a bunch of retirees to the race, and Pinot/Dumoulin not having the same level of support - it seems like it would take an act of god for him to lose the giro. And good for him, I love watching him race.

Keith A
05-15-2017, 09:38 PM
What do you think about Movistar's decision not to ease off given the number of GC riders that went down?

ultraman6970
05-16-2017, 09:33 PM
Payback from something happened a few years back. either way Thomas looks like is coming back from behind. Race will turn really interesting now.

jlwdm
05-16-2017, 10:05 PM
Would be surprised to see Tom D. win, but he hung in there on Sunday's climb and rode a marvelous time trial. No surprise on the time trial.

Jeff

jlwdm
05-16-2017, 10:07 PM
What do you think about Movistar's decision not to ease off given the number of GC riders that went down?

Tough spot to stop and not as big a deal as it is the Giro. If it was the Tour we would be hearing a lot more about it.

Motorcycles are evil in cycling.

Jeff

bheight1
05-26-2017, 09:44 PM
The problem is that this is just the 1st week, a lot more climbing to go and honestly if nothing happens to quintana he has a big chance to arrive to the last day ITT at least with 4 or 6 minutes ahead.

Dumoulin doesnt have a team, same with Mollema and pinot... no support what so ever and how movistar is racing I do not see how somebody will take time back from quintana so limit the loses in the climbing, remember that Quintana after all can TT aswell.

If nothing weird happens he has this race in the bag already.

I don't know, arriving 4 or 6 minutes ahead may be a stretch, even without a team I think, I just don't think NQ can TT as well. Based on what TD has shown over past few years, he is on the verge of a Grand Tour--no?

ultraman6970
05-26-2017, 09:59 PM
Yeah but that was like 2 weeks ago when everybody saw quintana climbing like the gods untouchable. Things changed a lot in two weeks, even TD got time off quintana in some mountain stages... quintana is not that god now, nibali is consistent but not a god as before and TD is climbing almost like the gods...

2 weeks ago i was expecting to quintana to be like 3 to 6 minutes ahead up today's stage... but he is barely 30 seconds now and just because TD f-ed up big time but at the same time quintana neither nibali had the legs to get rid off TD today neither yesterday, thats a mistake that can cost them the podium because the weaker ones are getting closer and closer to them, in a matter of fact i have more faith in pinot to get podium than nibali or quitana just from what he has shown this week.

Quintana can TT decently when he needs to... and he is getting better and better, dont think he is like AS that cant TT to the bathroom door. Thats why you have to give him some benefit of the doubt but clearly in the 1st TT he sucked... and based on what he showed in the last 2 days I dont think he will do all right for sunday, my best guess losss maybe a minute minimum to TD... then you have the other guys, mollema TT ok aswell... the big question to me is what will happen tomorrow, is the last chance to get distance from TD and distance from each other, as I said before they couldnt get rid off TD in the last two days, could be a big mistake...