PDA

View Full Version : Bishop SSCX reboot

gordosburritos
05-13-2017, 10:07 AM
So this Bishop will be on its way to me after a headset swap for a black CK. You can see the bike in its current build (flat bars, black thomson seat post and stem with black WI crankset and hubs) as well as on older photo. I am going to convert it back to a drop bar bike with the custom stem. Whats the vote on saddle, bartape, bar color? Going to put a black paul neo retro on the front and likely some red moon units

I was thinking black seat post, white saddle, black bars and white bar tape. I just imagine that the white bar tape will look pretty mucked up after race#1. thoughts? maybe just black it out and still use the stem Chris built.

Also wanted to include the geo sheet so its in the collective paceline memory.

fbhidy
05-13-2017, 10:13 AM
Just say #notowhitebartape and go with red to match the Bishop logo, black everything else!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

martinez
05-15-2017, 05:01 AM
I learned my lesson pretty quickly to never bother with white bartape ever again. :bike:

chiasticon
05-15-2017, 06:29 AM
I was thinking black seat post, white saddle, black bars and white bar tape.let me help you: black, black, black, and black. :beer:

seriously, it's cyclocross. unless you live somewhere where ALL of your races are dry, anything white on your bike will look awful after one muddy race. the only thing I would attempt to do would be white hoods, if you're using a brand that offers them. I used Sram ones for cross for a season or two and they cleaned up pretty easily. you definitely have to stay on top of it though. I'd still recommend just black everything.

patfl1
05-15-2017, 08:37 AM
^^agree. Black it out. Please use that stem :). This and the vanilla are two of the nicest SSCX builds in my book ever. Maybe get the spring adjusters in red from Paul to tie into the red accents...just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk