PDA

View Full Version : Cyclingtips

Red Tornado
05-12-2017, 02:20 PM
I believe the same thing is happening with Cycling tips that happened with this site a while back, regarding secure something or other. Been getting the same messages that I got with this place at work and recently my home PC won't open the website - something about not being secure, etc. Only way to view it now is on my phone.
Looked for a place to contact them to let them know, but can't find anywhere on the mobile version of their site.
Anyone else frequent Cyclings and experience this as well?

rnhood
05-12-2017, 02:41 PM
I just tried it and it worked fine (Chrome browser). But, I read a while ago that apparently there was some major cyber hacking going on in Europe. Could be related to that.

sandyrs
05-12-2017, 02:48 PM
It's probably related to your browser, not the site itself. And I doubt it's related to any sort of hacking though I guess you never know. What's the verbatim message you're seeing?

batman1425
05-12-2017, 04:22 PM
It's working for me and our connection is very sensitive to such things. I'm guessing browser issue or something with your local ISP (internet service provider not integrated seat post - that's somebody else problem here).

ultraman6970
05-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Certificates problem???

Red Tornado
05-12-2017, 07:28 PM
It's probably related to your browser, not the site itself. And I doubt it's related to any sort of hacking though I guess you never know. What's the verbatim message you're seeing?

Work computer has some sort of security message. Home computer just says can't open the web page. Chrome browser in both cases. Heard about the hacking thing earlier this evening on the news, could be related on the home PC since it just happened today. Work computer been doing it for a while.