PDA

View Full Version : FedEx sucks!

sales guy
05-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Pretty simple. They are freaking horrible.

Blown Reek
05-09-2017, 08:00 AM
You've obviously never used UPS, then.

sales guy
05-09-2017, 08:10 AM

I have! That's why I don't go thru them either.

Horrible customer service. And then, they give you the wrong information. Add into it saying you can't get a detailed invoice, that my credit card bill is the invoice?!?! I was like, how do I know if you billed me correctly? She did't have an answer for that.

AND, the cost for me to ship something, the exact same thing, thru Bikeflights would've been $101 cheaper!!!!! THEY ARE BOTH FEDEX!!!!

And they billed me for the wrong HST code for an import duty/tax.

And people wonder why customer service jobs are leaving the country.

oldpotatoe
05-09-2017, 08:23 AM

No kidding..in the shop, far worse experience with UPS than fedEx.

And for BikeFlights, which does use FedEx..but separate entity, BF not 'owned' by FedEx..

chiasticon
05-09-2017, 08:25 AM
AND, the cost for me to ship something, the exact same thing, thru Bikeflights would've been $101 cheaper!!!!! THEY ARE BOTH FEDEX!!!!which is why you should always use BikeFlights (for bike stuff). they apparently have a huge volume discount or something, to get those prices. I shipped a fixie (so, it was light) from Ohio to Cali one time for $120. then I discovered BikeFlights and plugged the numbers in; woulda been $60. d'oh!

I don't think either FedEx or UPS are perfect or awful overall. I've had incidents with both. my main gripe about FedEx is that they'll often push residential deliveries to the next day if they're swamped. they'll claim they attempted delivery and you're like "dude, I took the day off work to wait for this bike. I've been staring out the front window all day, feeding my dogs raw meat, egging them on, smacking them in the face with toys they aren't allowed to play with, singing to them off-key, making them insane so that when a strange person walks onto the porch they will LOSE IT!" and yet... you somehow attempted delivery through all that without being noticed or leaving an attempted delivery sticker? riiiiight...

it's much better when you divert stuff to the FedEx Office store though. they love delivering there.

Imaking20
05-09-2017, 08:41 AM
It's like ^this guy has been to my house.

The poor delivery estimates coupled with the bogus "delivery attempts" is what tips me over. Ive started rerouting signature required shipments to my local store. Last time I did that, it added 3 days to the delivery! Apparently I really confused them...

sales guy
05-09-2017, 08:49 AM
I know BF is separate and all from FedEx. No issues with BikeFLights.

My problem is FedEx charges a massive difference even for people like me who have an account, do North American shipping AND importing to the States thru FedEx. And when I was with that shoe company years ago, that's who I used. So I have volume in shipping. Maybe not the QBP or BF level, but still. They claimed to me all these excess charges and I was like hold up folks!

And then, when I asked them for an invoice for something, they were like, we don't supply invoices! I like, what??? And I knew they were wrong on something they charged me and I just wanted the invoice to prove it and get it fixed. But this person on the phone was beyond un-helpful. So was the first person before. And then hanging up on me!

The third person was much better. But I still canceled my account. I'm not going to give them money when they don't deserve it!

false_Aest
05-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Can we have a sticky that says

EVERY SHIPPING COMPANY SUCKS!

and then be done with threads like this?

Also please consider a similar sticky for tires.

Pegoready
05-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Pretty simple. They are freaking horrible.

Better or worse than Milani? ;)

R3awak3n
05-09-2017, 10:24 AM
I agree.

Lately they have done 2 things that are just dumb.

background - we are talking about Brooklyn, NY here

1. Left my wifes brand new computer on the stairs right in front of the building. now, this is a new $4000 computer and yes, the picture of the computer was on the box.

2. Left my English frame also in front of the apartment. This one required a signature and some random name was added. No one in my building with that name and even if there was they would have brought it in.

Now, this is not fedex fault per say but whoever works for them in my area.a

pncguy
05-09-2017, 10:29 AM
This is such a depressing thread for me as I sit here at work waiting for my bike to be delivered today... :(

paredown
05-09-2017, 10:35 AM
This is such a depressing thread for me as I sit here at work waiting for my bike to be delivered today... :(

Think happy thoughts!

melac1
05-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Yup, they crushed a frame of mine and then wouldn't claim responsibility for it. Still waiting for it to be shipped back

sales guy
05-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Better or worse than Milani? ;)

HA! That's tough to debate in terms of terribleness.

I shipped a bike out to a shop for demo use recently and they(fedex) damaged the paint and the rear dropout. Bent it all to hell. On a steel frame! in a hardcase!!!!

The shop was able to straighten it-the advantages of steel. But still, pissed me off. Thats the one they charged me 101 more on. AND, they have still not contacted me about the claim for the damage!!!

Clean39T
05-09-2017, 11:49 AM
it's much better when you divert stuff to the FedEx Office store though. they love delivering there.

Do this. Every time. And same for UPS is available. Best part is you have witnesses when taking possession in case it looks obviously mangled - well, that and removing any risk of theft..

sales guy
05-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Do this. Every time. And same for UPS is available. Best part is you have witnesses when taking possession in case it looks obviously mangled - well, that and removing any risk of theft..

I normally do this cause my driver hates me. So they wait till the very end of day to deliver stuff.

pdmtong
05-09-2017, 12:57 PM

^^
yes this. staying home waiting for delivery does not make any sense if the item can be delivered to the local UPS/Fedex store. Much safer, witnesses, etc.

Jad
05-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Yeah--definitely had a bad experience with FedEx and a bent chain stay. Bike Flights or bust. Even then I'm nervous.

But really, I'm still just laughing out loud at this:

..."dude, I took the day off work to wait for this bike. I've been staring out the front window all day, feeding my dogs raw meat, egging them on, smacking them in the face with toys they aren't allowed to play with, singing to them off-key, making them insane so that when a strange person walks onto the porch they will LOSE IT!" and yet... you somehow attempted delivery through all that without being noticed or leaving an attempted delivery sticker? riiiiight...

I don't know if bike anticipation gets any better. This is FedEx misery gold!

skrhone
05-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Store delivery all the way!
Much easier to file damage claims if you need to.

bikinchris
05-23-2017, 06:54 PM
which is why you should always use BikeFlights (for bike stuff). they apparently have a huge volume discount or something, to get those prices. I shipped a fixie (so, it was light) from Ohio to Cali one time for $120. then I discovered BikeFlights and plugged the numbers in; woulda been $60. d'oh!

I don't think either FedEx or UPS are perfect or awful overall. I've had incidents with both. my main gripe about FedEx is that they'll often push residential deliveries to the next day if they're swamped. they'll claim they attempted delivery and you're like "dude, I took the day off work to wait for this bike. I've been staring out the front window all day, feeding my dogs raw meat, egging them on, smacking them in the face with toys they aren't allowed to play with, singing to them off-key, making them insane so that when a strange person walks onto the porch they will LOSE IT!" and yet... you somehow attempted delivery through all that without being noticed or leaving an attempted delivery sticker? riiiiight...

This^

The more you ship, the lower the price.

Guys, you can have ANY shipment held at the depot. It's cheaper to ship depot to depot than from address to address.
Bike Flights is a great idea. No one on this board will ever ship enough to get a price comparable to Bike Flights.

As for delivery problems, the DRIVER has everything to do with that. I have had incredible drivers at times from each company and I have had terrible, lazy, good for nothing drivers with every company.

FriarQuade
05-23-2017, 09:57 PM
We stopped shipping tools FedEx when I caught them charging pick up fees on packages we dropped off. The first time they credited me without and fuss, the second time they did as well and I told them I don't have time to babysit a shipping company. We use UPS now and while they aren't perfect they are way better.

Fivethumbs
05-24-2017, 03:12 AM
Yeah, and remember that one time they crashed one of their jets into the ocean and stranded some poor SOB on an island? They're the worst!

rustychisel
05-24-2017, 04:36 AM
Yeah, and remember that one time they crashed one of their jets into the ocean and stranded some poor SOB on an island? They're the worst!

Yeah, but I don't remember seeing a sweet fixed gear bike in the washed up packages... just some dumb basketball.

Tony T
05-24-2017, 06:07 AM
volleyball 🏐

oldpotatoe
05-24-2017, 10:34 AM

Only if they are open during my free time from the shop, like between 2-4AM..seriously, after spending 10-12ours at the shop, I really didn't have the time or inclination to drive to the 'office' where the stuff was, get it, haul it back to the shop..

I guess for specific shipments and all but day to day..to much time involved.

YMMV and all that.

teleguy57
05-24-2017, 10:34 AM
aargh, for the past two days the Fedex site was showing delivery for an item purchased on the forum for today; now it just deferred the delivery to tomorrow.

Would have been happy if they just said Thursday from the get go, but indicating an earlier date for several days then changing on the date of anticipated delivery.... ugh.

At least I had it sent to a Fedex Office location for pickup vs waiting at home....

dcama5
05-24-2017, 03:18 PM
I have had pretty good luck with BikeFlights which uses FedEx, and I have had a bad experience with UPS. I am shipping a Kalavinka frameset to CA tomorrow via FedEx through BikeFlights. I just make danged sure that I insure it for the right amount and a signature is required!

PaulE
05-24-2017, 08:08 PM
If they establish impossible route schedule times that their employees have to adhere to, which don't account for traffic or any of the other vagaries of life that always happen - like no one home to sign for a package and they'll lose even more time putting the package back on the truck, etc.

I agree.

Lately they have done 2 things that are just dumb.

background - we are talking about Brooklyn, NY here

1. Left my wifes brand new computer on the stairs right in front of the building. now, this is a new $4000 computer and yes, the picture of the computer was on the box.

2. Left my English frame also in front of the apartment. This one required a signature and some random name was added. No one in my building with that name and even if there was they would have brought it in.

Now, this is not fedex fault per say but whoever works for them in my area.a