PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle tours company help

breakingaway89
05-09-2017, 05:40 AM
Hello everyone, I am looking for a reliable bicycle tours company in California. Could anyone suggest some good tour organizer companies. Although, I know a good company named "Breaking Away Bicycle Tours Inc (http://breakingaway.com)", but I want more options to choose from. Thanks

fbhidy
05-09-2017, 06:52 AM
There is also Trek Travel and Vermont Bicycle Tours.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

thunderworks
05-09-2017, 07:20 AM
"Cycling House" based in Missoula, MT., runs California tours. Great company. Fabulous service and organization.

KidWok
05-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Black Sheep Adventures. I hired them as production vendors for the charity ride I used to direct. They are wonderful people to work with and really know how to take care of guests (even difficult ones). Highly recommend them.

Tai

bocarider
05-09-2017, 02:26 PM
My wife and I have done a lot of bike trips with Backroads – you generally can’t go wrong with them. The hotels and food are usually top notch, the cycling can be as short or as challenging as you want and the guides are usually super nice and accommodating. It’s pricey but there is value there.

We've also traveled with Trek - similar experience to Backroads and again, pricey but good value.

A few years ago we did a trip with Undiscovered Country http://www.udctours.com/. We did the central California tour over Christmas week and had a lot of fun. The guides were as nice as could be, the routes were outstanding, great scenery, as challenging as we wanted. Pricing was less than the big companies and good value. The hotels were good, not super luxe like Backroads tends to be, but good enough. We would travel with UDC again.

makoti
05-09-2017, 03:15 PM
"Cycling House" based in Missoula, MT., runs California tours. Great company. Fabulous service and organization.

I've never toured with them, but I've dealt with them a few times. Seem like really good people.

sandyrs
05-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Doing some more market research?