PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Repair

Marron
08-20-2006, 07:07 PM
My Merckx Ti-Ax had a weld fail today; the chainstay detached itself from the right dropout. Any thoughts on the possibility that this can be repaired?

znfdl
08-20-2006, 07:11 PM
call Tom Kellog at www.spectrum-cycles.com

stevep
08-20-2006, 07:48 PM
litespeed makes those things. they should fix it.

obtuse
08-20-2006, 08:08 PM
litespeed makes those things. they should fix it.

and gita sells those things they should warranty it.

obtuse

Fixed
08-20-2006, 08:24 PM
bro my friends new scan. merckx team bike it's that super alum. stuff is cracking around the weld on the drive side by the b.b. .it under warranty
cheers

Samster
08-20-2006, 08:33 PM
bro my friends new scan. merckx team bike it's that super alum. stuff is cracking around the weld on the drive side by the b.b. .it under warranty cheersi think the aluminum frames are made at the factory in belgium (i _think_). the ti versions (no longer in production that i know of) were made by litespeed in chatanooga. so not sure if the defects are related... and then again, maybe they are... either way, stuff like this happens, but doesn't make the man look good...

i own a majestic and it hasn't failed yet (knock on wood.)

swoop
08-20-2006, 08:48 PM
litespeed is usually pretty cool abut this stuff. i dunno how they are lately.. i haven't see anyone on a new one in 2 years. i wonder how they are doing?

manet
08-20-2006, 08:51 PM
http://www.bikeschool.com/frame.htm

Sandy
08-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I would first notify the entity from which you purchased the frame, be that a bicycle shop or a distributor. If you bought the frame from an individual, there may be no warranty at all. I assume the manufacturer would let you know that. Start from where you purchased it. At least that is what I think.

Sandy