PDA

View Full Version : Hood/Lever Angle

stephenmarklay
05-06-2017, 07:46 AM
I typically have my levers just at amount perpendicular to the ground. I noticed, for whatever reason, that most of the professional builds I have seen (and many of your) have the lever angled out 5-10 degrees.

I am going to try it today and since I feel like I need a few mm less reach I suspect it will be a good move.

Thoughts?

charliedid
05-06-2017, 07:53 AM
Radical move...

giordana93
05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
maybe harder to grab brakes from the drops, otherwise it's just what your wrists like

stephenmarklay
05-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Radical move...

Yeah I am a rebel.

I was just wondering if I have been doing it wrong.

shovelhd
05-06-2017, 08:31 AM
I set my hoods to be flat off the bar. I find this to be the most comfortable. I wouldn't be concerned what others are doing, set them the way you like.

charliedid
05-06-2017, 08:44 AM
Yeah I am a rebel.

:-)

It's only wrong if it doesn't work for you. No rules

oldpotatoe
05-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Yeah I am a rebel.

Don't do anything for 'looks', do it for 'works'..

smontanaro
05-07-2017, 07:33 AM
I'm having a hard time visualizing what plane you are referring to, and what change(s) you could make to achieve your rebellious purposes. In particular, "perpendicular to the ground" and "angled out" don't want to line up in my brain. Pix, perhaps?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

stephenmarklay
05-07-2017, 07:52 AM
I'm having a hard time visualizing what plane you are referring to, and what change(s) you could make to achieve your rebellious purposes. In particular, "perpendicular to the ground" and "angled out" don't want to line up in my brain. Pix, perhaps?

Like this.

smontanaro
05-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Thanks. I was thinking "out" meant out to the side.

fuzzalow
05-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Campagnolo levers won't be reachable for upshifts in the drops if they are not set correctly low enough. Which is a liveable condition if one doesn't use the drops.

I gotta give Campagnolo credit for being so resolutely insistent in making shiftlever functionality awkward for a great majority of their consumer cyclist market but by their standard reflects how proper and correct a racing bike should be setup and ridden.