PDA

View Full Version : Campy SR Help..

PNW
05-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Quick question...on the front derailleur what's the difference between the normal braze-on FD and the one with "S2"?

Also...the "D" Skeleton and the non-D Skeleton brakes? Is the D for dual pivot? Which ones are better?

FlashUNC
05-04-2017, 03:25 PM
Quick question...on the front derailleur what's the difference between the normal braze-on FD and the one with "S2"?

Also...the "D" Skeleton and the non-D Skeleton brakes? Is the D for dual pivot? Which ones are better?

On the brakes, the D is for the differential pair. Front is dual pivot, rear is single. The others are both dual pivot front and rear.

PNW
05-04-2017, 03:44 PM
On the brakes, the D is for the differential pair. Front is dual pivot, rear is single. The others are both dual pivot front and rear.

Is there an upside to have dual pivot front and single rear? Or is having both dual pivot the best option? Thanks for your help!

oldpotatoe
05-04-2017, 03:49 PM

S2 has a wee lever thing that pushes against frame for those brazeon tabs that are kinda soft and flimsy. For support.

Yes 'Dual', which is easier to center on the road, just push on it. Otherwise you need a 15mm wrench.

bikinchris
05-04-2017, 10:01 PM
Is there an upside to have dual pivot front and single rear? Or is having both dual pivot the best option? Thanks for your help!

Single pivot has plenty of power to lock up your rear wheel. It's also slightly lighter, which matters to me none.

CliffordK
05-08-2017, 06:06 PM
As far as brake callipers, I will say that I really like the new Ultegra 6800 callipers. They have a nice symmetric pull. Tend to self-center quite well. And, I like the release at the wheel (Campy no longer supports this). The new release levers ratchet, so, one can ride say 50% released if needed.

As far as Campy, I need to try out the single vs dual Campy callipers. I presume the idea is that the dual pivot gives a slightly stronger braking power to the front. But, personally I'd like both wheels to be symmetric, even though I use the two brakes slightly differently, with a little more dragging/modulating from the rear. Also, the longer cable might slightly reduce rear braking anyway.