PDA

View Full Version : Length of cable/housing included in Campagnolo groupsets?

p nut
05-04-2017, 01:50 PM
I just placed an order for a Potenza groupset. I am wondering if I'll have adequate length of cable and housing for my bike.

It's going on a Warbird. It has full length shifter and brake housing. Brakes are disc.

Anyone know how long the cable/housing is that comes with the groupset? Wondering if I should order another set of brake/shifter set to make sure I've got everything for the build.

tuscanyswe
05-04-2017, 02:06 PM
As for shifting i think its something like 2 x 68 cm and then one more which is like 25cm or so for the rear der stop.

2 pieces of brake housing. The long is like 125 or so. The shorter on is maybe 60cm.

Mzilliox
05-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Im always left with plenty to do the job on 55cm bikes.

bicimechanic
05-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Going on a Warbird with full length housing, the Campy kit will not be close to enough. Get Jagwire or Yokozuna cables and housing along with compressionless housing for the discs and you'll be golden.

R3awak3n
05-04-2017, 07:17 PM
yeah pretty sure its not enough for full length. I just get a jagwire mtb kit, compressionless if its disc brakes. Its great, not super expensive, save the campy for a road bike.

cadence90
05-04-2017, 07:25 PM
Going on a Warbird with full length housing, the Campy kit will not be close to enough. Get Jagwire or Yokozuna cables and housing along with compressionless housing for the discs and you'll be golden.

Definitely this.

p nut
05-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Thank you for the info. I did some searching and thought I found the perfect kit:
Jagwire Road ProXL. Compressionless housing, extra length for discs. ...but no Campag cable ends.

I'm assuming shift cables in the groupset will work. Brake cables, I'll buy them separate.

R3awak3n
05-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Thank you for the info. I did some searching and thought I found the perfect kit:
Jagwire Road ProXL. Compressionless housing, extra length for discs. ...but no Campag cable ends.

I'm assuming shift cables in the groupset will work. Brake cables, I'll buy them separate.

negative. absolutely need campy shift cables. Brake cables work but I would rec getting campy brake cables as well.

Also becareful because i think I remember some people complaining that the XL road cable lenght was still not enough.

The campy cables work great with the jag housing and they have enough lenght. That is exactly what I am running.

p nut
05-05-2017, 10:01 AM
negative. absolutely need campy shift cables. Brake cables work but I would rec getting campy brake cables as well.

Also becareful because i think I remember some people complaining that the XL road cable lenght was still not enough.

The campy cables work great with the jag housing and they have enough lenght. That is exactly what I am running.

What I meant was, I'll use the shift cables from the Potenza groupset.

Running out the door this morning, I quickly measured the brake housing, which came out to approx. 82cm front and 120cm rear. Cables will need to be few CM more than that. Looks like I can get 160cm Campag cables for $7, so I'll go that route. Thanks.

oldpotatoe
05-05-2017, 11:31 AM

AND jagwire makes Campag head cables, even 'tandem length'..

Ronsonic
05-05-2017, 10:35 PM
Yeah, one of my (few) Campy gripes, the cables and housings they provide are just long enough for one, very normal road bike build. For a bike that's at all different you're starting over.