PDA

View Full Version : IT - Iphone7

Rpoole8537
05-03-2017, 08:03 PM
My Iphone7, has suddenly gone crazy. About one week ago, I started getting messages that "someone near my city was trying to sign in to my Apple account". I stopped by the local Verizon store and the guy assured me that it was no big deal. Today, it goes through phases where it will not operate email or internet. I can't seem to find anything vaguely similar on the web. Any insights or ideas. It says server not available .

AJosiahK
05-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Maybe update messed up your sync. or you got hacked :crap:

Find a different safe computer and see if you can log into important email accts or others.... change passwords if you can.

good luck and hope this gets resolved !

dustyrider
05-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Oh no! I recently got a few emails from "apple" that wanted me to download something in order to make sure the possible fraudulent charges on my account were taken care of, or something along those lines. Looks like the email is from apple which is why I opened it to begin with, but I sure as heck wasn't going to download anything once I opened it. No charges have showed up anywhere near my apple account. Good luck!

Rpoole8537
05-04-2017, 06:24 AM
This morning I used my MacBook to change my apple password. Now, My phone gets a "Verifying message that will not stop spinning. Frustrating!

Gsinill
05-04-2017, 07:24 AM
I stopped by the local Verizon store and the guy assured me that it was no big deal.

Not to be condescending towards the Verizon guy but I'd rather go to an Apple store for help. Those folks are "geniuses", you know ;)

kppolich
05-04-2017, 07:47 AM
My Iphone7, has suddenly gone crazy. About one week ago, I started getting messages that "someone near my city was trying to sign in to my Apple account". I stopped by the local Verizon store and the guy assured me that it was no big deal. Today, it goes through phases where it will not operate email or internet. I can't seem to find anything vaguely similar on the web. Any insights or ideas. It says server not available .

Sounds like the update enabled Two-Factor Sign-In. Which makes it very annoying to use a device. Go to your iCloud and turn it off.

benb
05-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Not to be condescending towards the Verizon guy but I'd rather go to an Apple store for help. Those folks are "geniuses", you know ;)

They might not be true IT pros but they're a heck of a lot better than the guys at the Verizon shop.

I would be worried about this if you're not signing in from an iPad/Mac whatever that you don't normally use or something like that. Just got an Apple TV, etc.. ?

- Change your Apple ID password by going to the applied.apple.com website in a browser on your PC

- Ideally enable 2-factor authentication on your account. This will require you to have one of your approved devices around when you logon to a new device and/or do any sensitive operations on your account. Basically with that someone can steal their password and as long as they don't also have your phone/mac/iPad/whatever they won't be able to get into your account.

tylercheung
05-04-2017, 11:20 AM
to be honest, i'd have the apple geniuses wipe the phone and start over from scratch from an old backup. There is a Google Docs trojan and a lot of other filth making the rounds and that may have done something to the phone.

2 factor authentication is absolutely crucial in this day and age. It is a bit of a pain to set up but with the hostile security environment these days, it is a must.

Rpoole8537
05-04-2017, 12:47 PM
I do have two factor authentication and that might be part of the issue. I did get the password changed and all is good for the moment. I agree that the Apple Store is the best place to go for support but that is a one hour drive. I'll be close to them next Tuesday and I will try to drop by. One quezstion, why does it constAntly give me all the messages, "someone is trying g to log on ...." When it is me? Or one of my 3 devices?

benb
05-04-2017, 01:09 PM
You've got a device you are using that you haven't marked as a trusted device. Any time you login to that device you're going to get a warning.

It's probably something you're doing in a web browser (e.x. logging into iCloud in the browser).

Tickdoc
05-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Having the same problem with my iPad. The alert is since last upgrade and very annoying.