PDA

View Full Version : OT: RIP Jonathan Demme

Gsinill
04-26-2017, 12:12 PM
...and thanks for some of the most thrilling 118 min. watching a movie.

fiamme red
04-26-2017, 04:14 PM
The man had great skill as a director. Stop Making Sense is considered by some the best concert film ever made -- I'm not a Talking Heads fan, but I do appreciate how well it's done.

Louis
04-26-2017, 04:23 PM
...and thanks for some of the most thrilling 118 min. watching a movie.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

paredown
04-26-2017, 04:25 PM
The man had great skill as a director. Stop Making Sense is considered by some the best concert film ever made -- I'm not a Talking Heads fan, but I do appreciate how well it's done.

Word.

I walked into it cold--and sat through both showings.

Drmojo
04-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Spalding Grey thing--also R.I.P.

Melvin and Howard--one of his first films, rarely seen, worth a look

Tony T
04-26-2017, 04:46 PM
Stop Making Sense is considered by some the best concert film ever made -- I'm not a Talking Heads fan, but I do appreciate how well it's done.

Gotta give it another watch tonight.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/rGCchFTmxKmLC/giphy.gif

alexstar
04-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Just this past week I watched Silence of the Lambs and his excellent video for New Order's "The Perfect Kiss". I've thoroughly enjoyed his work and will miss his unique perspective. RIP

paredown
04-26-2017, 06:46 PM
He was local to us--and a friend just posted on Facebook, reminding everyone of his donation of Haitian art for an auction organized by friends to benefit Haiti (after the earthquake)--and they raised $40,000 which was used to build a water treatment facility and repair an orphanage.

So--a good director and good man.

sailorboy
04-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Silence of the Lambs is one of the top 10 movies ever made.

there, I said it.

fiamme red
04-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Spalding Grey thing--also R.I.P.

Melvin and Howard--one of his first films, rarely seen, worth a lookAnother of his early films deserves to be better known, about CB radio fanatics in a rural Nebraska town. The original title was Citizens Band, and it was later released as Handle with Care. Like Melvin and Howard, it also stars Paul Le Mat.