PDA

View Full Version : Seasucker racks

skiezo
04-24-2017, 10:07 AM
I did a search and saw most of the comments and reviews are from around 2012/2013.
I am interested to see if anyone has has any recent comments/reviews on the seasucker talon.
I really do not want to put a rack on my car at this point so this product looks like a great option as I can put it on when needed,
Most of my rides start from my house but I do like to go to other areas and start at times. It would be to take one of my bikes 20/30 miles from the house a few times a month.

Thanks Brian

LegendRider
04-24-2017, 10:09 AM
I'm from the South and read that as "seersucker suits."

William
04-24-2017, 10:14 AM
A couple of the Talon review threads on the forum are mine. Still works great and I've used it from sub-freezing temps to high 90's high humidity temps and have had no issues with failures.

I would recommend it if you are considering going that route.

William

572cv
04-24-2017, 10:21 AM
I'm from the South and read that as "seersucker suits."

I'm from the North and read it as Searsucker Rocks ! A fashion statement.... :p

More seriously, I think William (maybe) posted a nice review on his experience with these a while back.

William
04-24-2017, 10:28 AM
140 mph on top of a stock car...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_41Ujjv6WUw

Dirt road run...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sk8yTTmB8A&NR=1&feature=fvwp

They work well. :)

William

gpendergast
04-24-2017, 10:39 AM
Another positive review. Held up on a 3k mile road trip through the southern US in August, even with all the dry air and dust. Would definitely recommend, especially for someone who only needs a rack now and then or for small/oddly shaped cars.

I used a small bottle of denatured alcohol and a rag to clean the car surface, then another small bottle of water to moisten the suction cups prior to install. Worked like a charm.

LegendRider
04-24-2017, 12:39 PM
A couple of years ago a guy pulled up to a local group ride in a yellow Lotus with his Litespeed attached with Seasucker racks. I don't know if he liked them or not, but it was pretty cool!

ultraman6970
04-24-2017, 12:41 PM
U guys have no idea how bad those "sucker pads" scares me.

uno-speedo
04-24-2017, 01:42 PM
Sea Sucker Talon bike rack versus Jaguar F-Type | PH videoblog | PistonHeads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZyNXQGzv0

ahumblecycler
04-24-2017, 06:16 PM
Great rack. I had a bomber and only sold it because I stopped racing. I use to travel 100+ miles each way on I70 (80mph+) with two cx bikes on top without issues. Actually, it helped clean them off on the return.

I also chatted with the owner and found him to be quite a nice guy. I have no problem recommending his business to anyone.

Cicli
04-24-2017, 06:27 PM
I saw a guy put them on a big window and rack up his bike. I didnt see it but aparently the window was not structural grade and it failed.

jimcav
04-24-2017, 09:25 PM
use them on my trans am when the minivan was not available to me--worked great--i took them off when i parked and reapplied when i left. probably only a 10 mile drive to the trail-head, but seemed very secure. I keep a waterless car wash spray and a microfiber towel to clean the area where they cups go--probably overkill, but i couldn't help myself.

skiezo
04-24-2017, 09:52 PM
I glad to hear the positive feedback so I did order the Talon. Like I said they will only be used a few times a month and will be for short trips when I want to ride in a different area from my home. These are the prefect solution for when im looking to take the road to another area or take the BMC monster to the trailhead.
I just have to velcro strap the crank arm to the chainstay so they dont spin in the wind and cause damage to the roof.

Thanks Brian