PDA

View Full Version : OT: The NFL Smuggling Narcotics Across State Lines

ptourkin
04-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Save this for the next time some red state couch potato starts spewing about cycling not being a real sport because of doping:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/the-dea-warned-nfl-doctors-about-drug-laws-in-2011-it-didnt-go-well/2017/04/20/38d8a37a-1fc3-11e7-be2a-3a1fb24d4671_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.256059519366

bobdenver1961
04-21-2017, 11:16 AM
What does "red state" have to do with anything?

shovelhd
04-21-2017, 11:30 AM

No kidding.

pjm
04-21-2017, 11:39 AM
Yeah:confused:

ptourkin
04-21-2017, 11:41 AM
No kidding.

Safe spaces for football. Sorry I forgot the trigger warning.

brockd15
04-21-2017, 11:43 AM

Ditto.

Sounds like pretty deeply ingrained bias/prejudice/judgement/whathaveyou peeking through.

Kinda keeps the actual topic of the thread from even getting out of the gate.

MattTuck
04-21-2017, 11:50 AM
Football is a fabulously entertaining and exciting, (dangerous, too) game that has a drug problem. However, at the NFL level it also has a collective bargaining agreement and a player's union that could (and certainly should) advocate more vociferously for player health and safety.

Where is the collective bargaining for NCAA athletes? or high school athletes?

shovelhd
04-21-2017, 11:59 AM

Insult to injury. Just edit the post and let's get on with the conversation.

earlfoss
04-21-2017, 01:06 PM
Honest question, who really cares?

American society had demonstrated time and time again that we give football and baseball a pass on all of this kind of stuff. In some ways we support it, or accept it as the cost of doing business. I don't believe that will change any time soon.

shovelhd
04-21-2017, 01:14 PM
The reaction of the NFL doctors though is quite telling. They don't give a crap about the players.

gemship
04-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Honest question, who really cares?

American society had demonstrated time and time again that we give football and baseball a pass on all of this kind of stuff. In some ways we support it, or accept it as the cost of doing business. I don't believe that will change any time soon.

Good question, I bet most of our society doesn't care regarding doping in cycling too. However there is always a stickler for the details and a sore loser looking for payback.

Blown Reek
04-21-2017, 02:31 PM

You should have stated this earlier, you American-hating non-Patriot. You are the reason for the divisiveness.

Go Patriots!

oldpotatoe
04-21-2017, 03:16 PM
You should have stated this earlier, you American-hating non-Patriot. You are the reason for the divisiveness.

Go Patriots!

You forgot the :)

doomridesout
04-21-2017, 07:59 PM
Triggered Republicans!

:banana:

pbarry
04-21-2017, 08:09 PM
I was ecstatic when my little 6' 4" brother, who was a middling highschool lineman, got into Penn on an AS and never played another down. I did not want him to face the pressures he might have, even in college ball.

Ronsonic
04-21-2017, 09:36 PM
I was ecstatic when my little 6' 4" brother, who was a middling highschool lineman, got into Penn on an AS and never played another down. I did not want him to face the pressures he might have, even in college ball.

College ball? I was in high school ... decades ago .... when the coach called a meeting during summer two-adays to talk about "doing what it takes." He used Don as an example. Suggested we talk to him afterward, he's got a doctor. Don put on 25 pounds between last season and summer. He had a flaming skunk stripe down his back.

I don't know when Lance started doping, but I'll bet cash money on the starting line up of his high school football team.

Ordinary people consider doping to be reasonable to end up being a Barry Bonds. Doping to become Michael Rasmussen .... :confused:

bikinchris
04-21-2017, 10:04 PM
Everyone but the sports announcers know that EVERY sport is rife with dopers. Except those announcers keep pointing to cycling as a "dirty sport" because they went after the dopers and caught some. Lance was a scapegoat. Everyone he beat was doping. Everyone Lemond and Indurain beat was a doper. Every one. Yet lance is a hated and Lemond and Indurain are held up on a pedestal.

If any of you think that any sport is immune to doping, you are frankly naïve. Even golfers do it.

American pro sports have agreements that require a heads up before a doping test. Sometimes as much as a week. At that point, it becomes an IQ test, not a doping test.

Elefantino
04-21-2017, 10:08 PM
I sometimes watch snooker on Eurosport.

I don't think snooker players dope.

pbarry
04-21-2017, 10:14 PM
I sometimes watch snooker on Eurosport.

I don't think snooker players dope.

Adderall must have made it into the ranks by now. ;)

pbarry
04-21-2017, 10:16 PM
College ball? I was in high school ... decades ago .... when the coach called a meeting during summer two-adays to talk about "doing what it takes." He used Don as an example. Suggested we talk to him afterward, he's got a doctor. Don put on 25 pounds between last season and summer. He had a flaming skunk stripe down his back.

I don't know when Lance started doping, but I'll bet cash money on the starting line up of his high school football team.

Ordinary people consider doping to be reasonable to end up being a Barry Bonds. Doping to become Michael Rasmussen .... :confused:

You get it and have seen it close up. Scary.

Elefantino
04-21-2017, 10:17 PM
Adderall must have made it into the ranks by now. ;)
I need Adderall to watch more than a few minutes of snooker.

adub
04-21-2017, 10:40 PM
Why should the NFL and its players be any different than the rest of 'merica and it's propensity to take prescription painkillers like they are rainbow skittles?