PDA

View Full Version : Six weeks? can this be right??

shinomaster
08-17-2006, 01:59 PM
WHere did summer go? ***?

alembical
08-17-2006, 02:08 PM
I saw that too, but most importantly, it means it is almost time for skiing!!! I do love biking, but that can be done year round and while I did ski 2 weeks ago, good skiing can not really be had all year.

Alembical

Fixed
08-17-2006, 02:49 PM
bro you lucky cats all we have is summer and really hot summer
cheers

swoop
08-17-2006, 02:58 PM
did my final one this last weekend. something just over 40 races this year (since late feb)... and .... i'm ready to just do coffee spins for a while. i'm too old for this.
so, i've taken the week off work... my legs are up.. and all is well in this tiny corner of the world.
hello summer. goodbye summer. i can feel the change in the air.

Fixed
08-17-2006, 03:24 PM
hey swoop does your club pick -up all the entry fees?
cheers

coylifut
08-17-2006, 03:40 PM
I have an omnium stage race next weekend and then about 15 cross races on the schedule starting Labor day. I'm toying with heading East for CX nats, but I'm on the fence. The weather around here has been perfect for nice long endurance rides. I think I'll leave the office early today.

swoop
08-17-2006, 04:24 PM
hey swoop does your club pick -up all the entry fees?
cheers
yup. travel too. did i mention 6 kits, 2 skinsuits, shoes, glasses, very tall socks, and helmet? oh, and a bike (but we have to give it back in december/jan). oh, and some tires.
livin' tha' dream.
*laughs*

zank
08-17-2006, 04:25 PM
We only have 3 weeks.

Actually, there is a place in Northern NJ already doing Friday night cross races. I heard it was a fun 2-3 minute lap, but hey, IT"S STILL CROSS!!

bcm119
08-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I saw that too, but most importantly, it means it is almost time for skiing!!! I do love biking, but that can be done year round and while I did ski 2 weeks ago, good skiing can not really be had all year.

Alembical
The rumor is its supposed to be "the mother of all snow years". We'll see. I'm in no hurry yet, I love this time of year around here.

shinomaster
08-17-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm toying with the idea of not racing at all...it's more fun to just stand there and heckle your friends.

slowgoing
08-17-2006, 06:17 PM
It's football time!

zank
08-17-2006, 06:23 PM
It's football time!

I thought Italy won the world cup already?

Andreas
08-17-2006, 06:28 PM
"It's football time!"

==>

Most european leagues started last weekend, I think the Brits start next weekend.

Football is back! Has been a long time since the WC.

shinomaster
08-17-2006, 07:31 PM
hey we actually have our schedule up....
http://www.crosscrusade.com/schedule/2006/index.html

bcm119
08-17-2006, 08:10 PM
hey we actually have our schedule up....
http://www.crosscrusade.com/schedule/2006/index.html
Which venue has the least run ups/dismounts?

coylifut
08-17-2006, 08:54 PM
both the hillsboro races are dead flat with some micro mounds to run up. alpenrose has 50 meter run up. the most challenging (running wise) by far is flying m which has two long run ups. the second one is after a gravel climb. the race at estacada, where i saw you, is darn flat as well. probably the best course, but i've never done it when it was wet.

shinomaster
08-17-2006, 09:07 PM
I hated Hillsboro, hated the Flying M, and I hated Alpenrose last year. I also hated the scouters mountain MTB bike course. The only race I liked and seem to do well at is Barton park...and the final at Estacada was fun...

wasfast
08-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Just for reference summer is technically only 12 weeks long to start with so there's still 50% LEFT of nice days.

Summer has been pretty wierd temperature wise to boot. Spring never existed. We went from cold and wet to 100 degree days in MAY!

Today's high is 73, tomorrow 94. What's up with that?

I'm also hoping that BCM119 is wrong about the snow this winter. The rain last year about killed me mentally.

bcm119
08-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm being talked into trying one of those cross things, but I have no cross skills, no mtn shoes or pedals, a 53/39 and crappy canti brakes. Maybe I'll just bring some cold beer and watch you bozos! I am curious about it though, it looks like it could be really fun, or maybe really frustrating.

wasfast
08-17-2006, 10:36 PM
I had this idea (very long time ago) to give it a try. I was surprised how tough physically it was. For me, I much prefer the road or track. However, you should give it a go (hopefully on a reasonably dry day) and see what it's like Brian.

pdxmech13
08-17-2006, 11:32 PM
my coworker just shiited his panties......
Ahearne has yet to build his frame.......
:bike:

shinomaster
08-18-2006, 01:09 AM
AHEaRNE??? Who???

shinomaster
08-18-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm being talked into trying one of those cross things, but I have no cross skills, no mtn shoes or pedals, a 53/39 and crappy canti brakes. Maybe I'll just bring some cold beer and watch you bozos! I am curious about it though, it looks like it could be really fun, or maybe really frustrating.

Dude...get some cheap specialized shoes for $100. with toe spikes, and some ****ty egg beaters, or Time pedals etc...You could rock the races with those runners calves of yours.

coylifut
08-18-2006, 01:25 AM

if you want to try it, i've got a single speed you can use. that way, you've got less to think about.

shinomaster
08-18-2006, 02:00 AM
I think he has a gunnar...lets make him race it!

Ray
08-18-2006, 02:31 AM
...the onset of fall. Cross aside, from late August through early or mid-November is my favorite riding time of the year. I've got a season's worth of condition in my legs, the weather cools down so I can go harder without wilting in the heat. Everyone in the clubs are more relaxed because whatever 'goals' they were riding for have either been met or not. I always have my best rides over the next few months. I've almost started looking at summer riding as training for fall! Yeah, it's bittersweet because winter's just after that, but I don't really start thinking that way until that first uncomfortably ride hits, usually sometime late October or early November, and there are usually still lots of good days after that before the 'freeze' hits around the holidays.
-Ray

William
08-18-2006, 05:59 AM
.... I'm toying with heading East for CX nats, but I'm on the fence. .

If you do let me know. I could always hook you up if needed.

I'm still coughing up she-at right now but I should be good by then. I better be good by then!!!

William

zank
08-18-2006, 06:13 AM
you better be good by 9/17, sucka!