PDA

View Full Version : Montreal - bike shops? Other Suggestions?

rsl
08-17-2006, 09:42 AM
My wife and I leave tomorrow for 4 days in Montreal (unforunately no ramble for me).

Any suggestions of bike shops worth a visit? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Gothard
08-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi RSL,
There is Yeti sports at the crossing of St Laurent and Laurier (north of the crossing). They have a nice selection of sports clothing and the whole 2nd floor is Cycling.

You have ABC cycles, which have a good assortiment as well:ABC Cycles & Sports 5584 Ave. Du Parc.

Martin Swiss is in Westmount, 313 ave Victoria. This is a small sweeet shop.

There is a last one that is a Serotta agent, but they do not have Serottas in the shop:CYCLES PERFORMANCE 7343 Saint-Denis.

That said, prices are much higher on bike stuff in Canada, and some parts verge on the insane.

Nice shops, though, all 4. I go often to Yeti, and Cycle performance, to ogle. Yeti always have some clothing on sale.

deechee
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
what are you looking for? the only interesting place I ever went to was the Guru factory... most of the bike shops here stink.

Enjoy the touristy stuff :) Hmm... I guess you've never been here before? Make sure you try st-viateur bagels (open 24hrs) or fairmount bagels, our french patisseries - patisserie gascogne, premiere moisson, banette. People enjoy Bilboquet for ice-cream, I don't think its that amazing, but you can also take your wife nearby to "Le Figaro" on Hutchison/Fairmount to experience a french bistro and you have to try their chocolate-rum croissant. Droool. Good espresso? Cafe Olympico on St-Viateur... ok ok I'm getting hungry. here's a fun local list to dabble with - http://www.montrealmirror.com/2006/051106/bom06_9.html
click on nightlife and other things on top if you're interested... all I can say is Montreal food is the first thing I miss as soon as I leave home...

tulli
08-17-2006, 11:46 AM
most of the bike shops here stink.

I'll second that!

You can't come to Montreal and not check this (http://www.schwartzsdeli.com) place out.

rsl
08-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!